Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    -Questions the clubs ambitions, threatens to join City then ends up staying after securing himself a massive pay increase
    -Wins the fans back, says the contract saga was the biggest mistake of his career, saying he loves playing for the club, wants to end his career here and intends on doing so
    -Club does as he personally asked before and brings in a world class player, Rooney comes back fat, sulks and hands in a transfer request.

We're not being too harsh on him, the club has given him everything he has ever wanted and he rewards us with 2 transfer requests in 3 years. Rooney can get ****ed. Plenty of players around the world would love to play for us, I don't want to suffer this horrible scouse **** any longer.
    Couldn't have said it any better.

ReputationRep:
    Tonight Manchester United will be staging the 2013 Player of the Year awards. I believe this will be the first time that Old Trafford has publically hosted MUFC events on four consecutive days. The game Sunday, parade Monday, U21s Tuesday and awards Wednesday.

Sir Matt Busby Player of the Year (voted for by MUFC members)
    My vote: Michael Carrick
    Prediction: Robin Van Persie

Goal of the Season (voted by MUFC members)
    My vote: Robin Van Persie (2nd goal) vs Cluj CFR
    Prediction: Robin Van Persie (2nd goal) vs Aston Villa

Denzil Haroun Reserve Player of the Year (voted by MUFC members)
    My vote: Adnan Januzaj
    Prediction: Adnan Januzaj

Players Player of the Year (voted by the 2012/13 Squad)
    Prediction #1: Michael Carrick
    Prediction #2: David De Gea

The other trophy is the Jimmy Murphy Academy Player of the Year, which I can't really comment on this time around because I've fallen out of the loop badly this year with the Under 18s since last year's class started moving up to the 21s. Either way these events are fun to watch but even more so when we win the title, they normally do a good job putting the show together and its a great walk down memory lane reflecting on the season. The show begins 7pm tonight on MUTV.

ReputationRep:
    Player of the season for me probably has to be: Robin Van Persie.

Robin Van Persie. Big price tag on his shoulders, especially given he had only 1 yr left on his contract at Arsenal. And he's excelled and been the match winner on numerous occasions. And scored quite a few gems in the process. He's also got a great mentality and attitude. To score that penalty away at Arsenal showed huge bottle.

Rooney can go. We don't need him, not sure many/any top clubs really do need him, tbh. I just cannot see him and his young family uprooting abroad, so where does that leave him and his (considerably limited) options??

As for the media saying Moyes was trying to 'woo' Rooney a few days ago, by saying he's 'one of the best players in the world'...I think Moyes is just keeping an open mind, it won't help our negotiating hand if Moyes says anything other than the aforementioned comment. Moyes will play this situation carefully and with wisdom, of which he has plenty as he is a seasoned PL manager.

I'm pleased Moyes was appointed. By all accounts, liked and admired by many in the game, done well very at Everton, always top 6/7 in the league, qualified for CL the once, the Europa a few times, often on not the biggest budget. They also play good football.

I'd like to see Moyes be a bit naughty and bring in Baines and perhaps Fellaini from Everton

ReputationRep:
    Rio's retired from international football, good news.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22536874

ReputationRep:
    It's a shame his injuries have meant his last appearance for England was in 2011 but his current form this season has been outstanding. Whereas normally we'd say a fit Vidic would be our rock, this season its been Rio. He's 34 and close to signing a new deal so he could play for another two years I'd say. Or maybe even one as he's got a deal with BT Sport to be a pundit/interviewer which I'm surprised the club let him because they don't normally allow players to be media orientated outside of playing but maybe it was SAF's last gift to him.

ReputationRep:
    Going over Zaha highlights, really looking forward to him playing for us even though to expect him to frustrate and stuff as he beds in.

He's going to be given so much more space than he is allowed at Palace where he is constantly marked by two or three people, can't wait to see what he does with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Rooney can go. We don't need him, not sure many/any top clubs really do need him, tbh. I just cannot see him and his young family uprooting abroad, so where does that leave him and his (considerably limited) options??
    Newcastle are apparently in talks about himaccording to one of Sport Directs' websites.

If this is true, which would be astounding, then Newcastle are clearly looking to break their transfer policy (no over 27s, no players on inflated salaries).

I highly suspect it is a late April fools, or even if true, I fail to see why he'd go there.

ReputationRep:
    Who is Fergie signing next year? Let's make it his 14th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownGuy)
    ????

ReputationRep:
    Hate to break your heart but fergies retired so if we do win the PL next year it will be Moyes' first ever title win

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Club awards under way, you can find a stream if you check twitter

My votes were

Fan player: RvP

Goal: RvP 2nd v Villa

U21: Januzaj

U18: Pearson

+ players player i reckon Carrick

ReputationRep:
    The awards won't actually start until 8:30 or 9pm, theres the usual end of season analysis, interviews and montages to sit through for the first couple hours. It's always a good night though, looking forward to seeing this years.

ReputationRep:
    I love the MU Foundation video package every year on POTY night. A lot of people don't appreciate the great work they do for the community in helping the less fortunate and having a positive contribution to peoples lives. It's inspiring to see the charity side of the club, and they deserve a lot of credit for everything they do.

ReputationRep:
    I see you've been in A-level hibernation this past week :p:

ReputationRep:
    Watching the academy and reserve team montages brings back memories, makes me a little sad too that I haven't really had time to follow them this year. Great to see Januzaj, Barmby, Gollini, Daehli, Wilson, Love etc getting on well.

ReputationRep:
    Ben Pearson wins the Jimmy Murphy Trophy for MUFC Academy player of the year.

Adnan Januzaj wins the Denzil Haroun Trophy for Reserve Player of the Year.

Congrats to both of them. More to follow.

ReputationRep:
    ****ing Chelsea, more obnoxious chants next year then.

If anyone needs a stream for the awards, feel free to PM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raeesah123)
    Aww! I wish I went now. haha i live 5 mins away too.. where abouts you from?
    Just outside of town wbu?

Brace yourselves for Chelski fans claiming the europa cup is better than the title!

Itv commentary is so uo Chelsea's arse!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MancBoy)
    Just outside of town wbu?

Brace yourselves for Chelski fans claiming the europa cup is better than the title!

Itv commentary is so uo Chelsea's arse!
    ITV's commentary is up English clubs' arses full stop, not specifically Chelsea's. Certainly in European finals.

Manchester United have got their fair share of praise and bias over the years. Tyldesley is a United fan, isn't he?

Just be grateful that an English side has actually won a European trophy this season.

ReputationRep:
    Goal of the season montage was great. Great memories there. That RVP one in stoppage time against West Ham was incredible, the celebrations ... its a shame there isnt an award for the most mental crowd reaction to a goal!

The Champions 20|13 bit with all the league title wins ... stunning. So many memories there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.