Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Manchester United Thread X Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    Yeah, the OT send off was the main thing. This game feels rather like its tacked onto the end after the season is already over really ... we've done the trophy presentation, the parade and even the year end awards which are always after the final game. Our fans have made this game bigger than it is with a plan involving lots and lots of smokebombs as a cover to burst into the ground. It'll be absolute bloody chaos if it works.

Arsenal have definitely gone downhill but I think that's more to do with their new ground and the associated costs than anything else. Their transfer policy is somewhat hampered by their financial prudence and unwillingness to spend as the market value is rising. It's a shame really for them because there fans are spending more money than any other team to see their games, whilst the board are selling the best players and replacing them with ... well ... crap in a lot of cases!
    Exactly, although tbf it does mean the day is all about SAF. Hope the fans don't do it, will reflect badly on us and take the headlines away from Fergie who deserves it

That's true, thing is they bang on about their youth policy, but we have Cleverley, Welbeck, Rafael we have pretty much developed, and when i pointed this out to them they had the cheek to say that they are over-rated (so 3 pretty big players in a title-winning team are over-rated:rolleyes:), and then talked about Jenkinson, Gibbs, and for some reason always try and claim AOC and Walcott as their own!

ReputationRep:
    Looks like we're using the diamond today. Adnan on the bench.

ReputationRep:
    Lindegaard, Valencia, Buttner, Evans, Jones, Anderson, Carrick, Cleverley, Kagawa, RVP, Hernandez

De Gea, Scholes, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Giggs, Januzaj

So after his comment about younger guys, Januzaj is the only one to feature (if he even does) in the last few games.

ReputationRep:
    Valencia RB? He's slight better there than he is as a winger (based on his performances this season). Evans and Jones in the centre looks pretty sick. No Rooney again xD

What are your thoughts on the Rooney situation re. his transfer request?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pavzky)
    Valencia RB? He's slight better there than he is as a winger (based on his performances this season). Evans and Jones in the centre looks pretty sick. No Rooney again xD

What are your thoughts on the Rooney situation re. his transfer request?
    Not sure if he would have played anyway, but he is away due to his wife giving birth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Lindegaard, Valencia, Buttner, Evans, Jones, Anderson, Carrick, Cleverley, Kagawa, RVP, Hernandez

De Gea, Scholes, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Giggs, Januzaj

So after his comment about younger guys, Januzaj is the only one to feature (if he even does) in the last few games.
    What formation would that be, a 4-4-2 with Cleverly and Kagawa on the wings or more of a 4-3-1-2?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    What formation would that be, a 4-4-2 with Cleverly and Kagawa on the wings or more of a 4-3-1-2?
    I assume Kagawa will be forced out wide left and Cleverley will be on the other wing, but there will be more expectation of Valencia going forward than Cleverley.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheetahs56)
    Exactly, although tbf it does mean the day is all about SAF. Hope the fans don't do it, will reflect badly on us and take the headlines away from Fergie who deserves it

That's true, thing is they bang on about their youth policy, but we have Cleverley, Welbeck, Rafael we have pretty much developed, and when i pointed this out to them they had the cheek to say that they are over-rated (so 3 pretty big players in a title-winning team are over-rated:rolleyes:), and then talked about Jenkinson, Gibbs, and for some reason always try and claim AOC and Walcott as their own!
    The turnstiles have been shut down, crushing outside the away end. Looks like people with tickets might not actually get in now because it's doubtful whether or not they'll be reopened. I'm not totally sure whats going on down there but it sounds like chaos.

United do have a great academy but we don't always make the most of our young players, Januzaj might get a chance today off the bench though. Rafael has been great this season, and Jonny Evans. Cleverley has a lot of potential, I'm not a big Welbeck fan but I can see why some people like him. In fariness Wenger has done well with Arsenal to keep them in the top four on a small budget, he does have a good eye for a young player.

ReputationRep:
    kagawaa :woo: great cross by hernandez

2-0!

ReputationRep:
    All we need is, Shinji Kagawa.

ReputationRep:
    Come on feel the Moyes!

ReputationRep:
    This is like.. the perfect example of how much i like the diamond formation. If the opposition can't adjust to it, they get ruined. We have acres of space on both wings.

ReputationRep:
    buttner :yeah:

lets make this a rout :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    Nice to see Buttner get on the scoresheet, great way to send SAF off too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    Not sure if he would have played anyway, but he is away due to his wife giving birth.
    Yeah haha I heard the commentators mention it before kick-off. I doubt he would've started

ReputationRep:
    Apparently it's actually "Come on David Moyes, play like the Fergie boys". Great chant. We now have the Busby Boys and the Fergie Boys immortalised in song.

45 minutes to go of the season, and thus far we're seeing a rare glimpse of the old Manchester United. The United from the 90s which played free-flowing, attacking, fast football, the United we all know and love. We're en route to setting a new club record for the most wins (29) in a Premier League season, United have never done that before in first division football. We're also on course to equal our highest PL points total for a 38 game season (91pts - 1999/00) and thus, the most points per game for an MUFC season in football league history. Also the most one sided title race since 2005 and one of the largest winning margins in the premier league era. What a fantastic season it's been.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    The turnstiles have been shut down, crushing outside the away end. Looks like people with tickets might not actually get in now because it's doubtful whether or not they'll be reopened. I'm not totally sure whats going on down there but it sounds like chaos.

United do have a great academy but we don't always make the most of our young players, Januzaj might get a chance today off the bench though. Rafael has been great this season, and Jonny Evans. Cleverley has a lot of potential, I'm not a big Welbeck fan but I can see why some people like him. In fariness Wenger has done well with Arsenal to keep them in the top four on a small budget, he does have a good eye for a young player.
    I'm not a big Welbeck fan either but credit to him, he was best player against RM imo. Not seen enough on Januzaj to make a fair evaluation, but ye Wengers done well on such a tight budget tbf.

Hopefully there's no trouble, but that's harsh on people who actually bought tickets.

ReputationRep:
    Sigh.

Poor goalkeeping, should have easily been saved.

ReputationRep:
    5-2, seems to remind me of earlier in the season.
    Hoping Scholes can get a goal.

ReputationRep:
    5-3

More shocking defending. Awful.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.