Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    what a crazy game, disappointed of course but credit to west brom what a comeback :congrats:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    Correct me if I'm wrong but 5 is a bigger number than 4.
    The actual result, no. They are in no way comparable. I was frustrated and devastated after the Everton result. I just laughed today.

The Everton game was with a stronger side, and had a substantial effect on the title race. It was arguably that game when the title began to slip.

This is a game of no significance to any competition, and just turned out to be a very entertaining game and, in a way, great send off to SAF. I think it's a unique scoreline in PL history. The squad included a second choice gk, and the players are never going to be fully commited and concentrated on a game with no significance. They're thinking about their holiday.

I say just enjoy the attacking football. Accept the defensive mistakes this once.

ReputationRep:
    What a game! Enjoyable to watch but I was kinda hoping for a Schole's injury time winner.

On a side note, no more football for another couple of months. How I'm I gonna survive until then? lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by River85)
    The actual result, no. They are in no way comparable. I was frustrated and devastated after the Everton result. I just laughed today.

The Everton game was with a stronger side, and had a substantial effect on the title race. It was arguably that game when the title began to slip.

This is a game of no significance to any competition, and just turned out to be a very entertaining game and, in a way, great send off to SAF. I think it's a unique scoreline in PL history. The squad included a second choice gk, and the players are never going to be fully commited and concentrated on a game with no significance. They're thinking about their holiday.

I say just enjoy the attacking football.
    Yeah exactly. I was just saying it's worse because the defending was worse. That's it. The Everton game was obviously much worse because that's where the title was virtually lost. I'm not talking about the occasion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    What a game! Enjoyable to watch but I was kinda hoping for a Schole's injury time winner.

On a side note, no more football for another couple of months. How I'm I gonna survive until then? lol
    The legends game, England friendlies and Confederations Cup?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    Yeah exactly. I was just saying it's worse because the defending was worse. That's it. The Everton game was obviously much worse because that's where the title was virtually lost. I'm not talking about the occasion.
    Well I still say forget about the defending and mistakes for once.

It's the end of an era. A win would have been great, but at least it was an entertaining game with plenty of goals. Part of me was expecting a defeat or at least no better than a mediocre 2-2.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    The legends game, England friendlies and Confederations Cup?
    I don't really enjoy the International games as much as I enjoy the domestic games

ReputationRep:
    What a fantastic game of football, that's the first time in a long long time that I've actually enjoyed watching United for 90 minutes purely for what's going on on the pitch. Fast, attacking, entertaining end to end football from both teams. That old fashioned English football mentality ... You score 3 and we'll get 4, you get 4 and we'll get 5. In the end it ends up 5-5.

That game was a gift. After a few years of watching United play grindingly efficient, soul destroying tippy-tappy possession football - clinging onto 1-0 wins, passing backwards and sideways constantly and playing for draws - I finally got to see the old United once again today. Edge of my seat for the whole game ... that was not this Barcelona-lite thing that we've become in recent years. What you've just seen today folks ... that was Manchester United Football Club.

Thank you Ferguson again. What a game .... what a season ... what a man ... what a club! From the sublime to the ridiculous to the abso-bloody-lutely absurd, the entertainers of football. I really hope we get to see more of this under David Moyes!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't really enjoy the International games as much as I enjoy the domestic games
    Fair enough, our next match will be against Wigan around August 10th in the community shield IIRC. No other domestic games till then unfortunately, only internationals.

ReputationRep:
    If only Scholes would have scored to make it 6-5 in the 95th minute.

ReputationRep:
    5-5 The ****.

Fergie obviously thought I've done it all, YOLO

Should've brought himself on tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cleveradam)
    If only Scholes would have scored to make it 6-5 in the 95th minute.
    That would've been beautiful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    Fair enough, our next match will be against Wigan around August 10th in the community shield IIRC. No other domestic games till then unfortunately, only internationals.
    For all wondering how to fulfill their thirst for United over the summer ...

Sunday June 2nd is the legends game at Old Trafford against Real Madrid. Monday June 10 sees the release of the 2012/13 season review DVD, which is always a fun watch to satisfy the football cravings. Pre-season begins on the 13th of July, with United playing four games in far east Asia, and one in Sydney. U21's pre-season also takes place in July if anyone wants to get out to see a game live. A friendly vs Crewe Alexandra (away) is confirmed, with games against Waterford, Glasgow Rangers and Ross Country to be added soon amongst others. The U18's will be playing at least 3 games in the Milk Cup in July. The UEFA Champions League and Europa League qualifying rounds are going on throughout this time (June - August) if you want to keep an eye on our potential opponents from around Europe.Rio's testimonial will take place on August 9th at Old Trafford, opponent TBC.

That should keep everyone busy until attention to turns to Wembley Stadium and the Charity Shield. 2:30pm on Sunday August 11th ... where it all begins again.

ReputationRep:
    That should keep everyone busy until attention to turns to Wembley Stadium and the Charity Shield. 2:30pm on Sunday August 11th ... where it all begins again. [/QUOTE]
    We got Wigan I just remembered.. Can't wait

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All the signs were there (with WBA comfortable in the league, MUFC title won and SAF celebrations at OT done) that tactics and strategy was sort of out of the windows. Seems the plan was - "It's a sunny day, go out and play!".

It seems Lindegaard/Buttner had a 'mare in the second half but tbh, it's expected with what's gone on and it being the last game of the season, can't blame the players too much but fitting a 10 goal game finished off SAF's final 1,500th game for Manchester United, in a symbolic tribute to the way he feels the game should be played and the manner in which Manchester United should play.

Time for a new era with David Moyes.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pavzky)
    I don't know what to say.

Except that I do not like Lindegaard, Buttner is clumsy and Lukaku scares the **** out of me.
    Fabio > Buttner

ReputationRep:
    So, let's see some predictions for our starting XI (and subs) against Wigan in the Community Shield

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Fabio > Buttner
    I think Buttner could be good, but needs to develop a lot more than Fabio does.

I'd love to see our defence next season being Fabio, Ferdinand, Vidic, Rafael. Would be a bit weak defensively down the flanks but very solid in the middle and with a very good attacking threat from the Da Silvas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    So, let's see some predictions for our starting XI (and subs) against Wigan in the Community Shield
    De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Kagawa, Cleverley, Rooney, Van Persie, Hernandez.

Subs: Lindegaard, Buttner, Smalling, Ferdinand, Nani, Valencia, Welbeck.

So come on feel the Moyes!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    De Gea, Rafael, Evans, Vidic, Evra, Carrick, Kagawa, Cleverley, Rooney, Van Persie, Hernandez.

Subs: Lindegaard, Buttner, Smalling, Ferdinand, Nani, Valencia, Welbeck.

So come on feel the Moyes!
    What about new signings?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.