Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    L'Equipe is reporting that PSG have opened negotiations for Rooney.
    Sounds about right, it seems best for both parties, maybe Rooney does just want another challenge. I still don't think he should get boo'd by the fans if he goes or stays just because even though he has been an idiot at times, he also has been a great servant to the club and he should be treated with respect, just like Ronaldo.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed, wouldn't be surprised if it happens - especially if Ibra is looking to move back to Italy (I believe he's said he's interested a few times.. with some sources saying Juventus could have him back... although still probably not likely), then they'll be looking to get another very good striker like Rooney. You'll get a lot of money for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    Indeed, wouldn't be surprised if it happens - especially if Ibra is looking to move back to Italy (I believe he's said he's interested a few times.. with some sources saying Juventus could have him back... although still probably not likely), then they'll be looking to get another very good striker like Rooney. You'll get a lot of money for him.
    ibra is earning 50p a second why wuld be want to go to juve who will pay him nowhere near that amount?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    ibra is earning 50p a second why wuld be want to go to juve who will pay him nowhere near that amount?
    Why are you asking me this?

ReputationRep:
    If you sign Thiago I would say you should go 5 man midfield. With a destroyer behind Carrick and Thiago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    If you sign Thiago I would say you should go 5 man midfield. With a destroyer behind Carrick and Thiago.
    Maybe in Europe and top teams. Seems a little too defensive for most premiership matches though, doesn't it?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, been a long time since I've posted here as I've been away on a year abroad in Malaysia. Excellent year for us and the tartan kit makes sense now, going to miss SAF :cry2: but I think we are in good hands with Moyes and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

I'd like some advice from you guys, I plan to start attending more games (only been for one away game so far), so I've looked into getting membership as it's my understanding that it's the best means of acquiring tickets? There's currently a deal going on for £35, and was wondering what you guys think of this? Are there other ways of getting tickets? I'd like to go watch the community shield match, some away games and maybe some games at OT.

Also just out of curiosity, does anyone know how much tickets tend to cost on avg? Home, away etc...

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    New deal for Rio according to Sky Sports (so says twitter)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    New deal for Rio according to Sky Sports (so says twitter)
    Confirmed:
    http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe...ampaign=FB0271

ReputationRep:
    Tis very good news. Still very influential on and off the pitch.

ReputationRep:
    We need to get a mid ASAP tbh

ReputationRep:
    Was abit of uncertainty with Rio few months ago with rumours of a move abroad to Dubai but always felt he'd stay. Been the rock for us this season and with the retirement of internationals, should help prolong his career.

ReputationRep:
    Seems like Evans has gotten away with it. Incredible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhatIsAUsername?)
    Seems like Evans has gotten away with it. Incredible.
    Not really that incredible tbh. Such instances happen very often if you go around looking for them, just like Ramires kicking out at Jones a few weeks ago. It just so happened this one was filmed by a fan and thus got a lot more attention on twitter and stuff.

The F.A are indept at dealing with obvious issues and cases in front of them, let alone these fairly regular but less noticed incidents. Don't get why people expected anything to happen, it's not like it's any different from all the other incidents which go unnoticed and unpunished.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ksahnan)
    Hey guys, been a long time since I've posted here as I've been away on a year abroad in Malaysia. Excellent year for us and the tartan kit makes sense now, going to miss SAF :cry2: but I think we are in good hands with Moyes and I can't wait to see what the future holds for us.

I'd like some advice from you guys, I plan to start attending more games (only been for one away game so far), so I've looked into getting membership as it's my understanding that it's the best means of acquiring tickets? There's currently a deal going on for £35, and was wondering what you guys think of this? Are there other ways of getting tickets? I'd like to go watch the community shield match, some away games and maybe some games at OT.

Also just out of curiosity, does anyone know how much tickets tend to cost on avg? Home, away etc...

Cheers
    I think even with membership that it is unlikely you'll be getting many away tickets if any at all, I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samiz20891)
    Have a great retirement Sir Alex, you are a legend, :adore: .
    Here is a list of Sir Alex Ferguson's Signings.
    (I do apologise if I have missed anyone that has played for Manchester United.)

Signings

Spoiler:
    Show

1987: Viv Anderson
    Brian McClair
    Steve Bruce
    1988:Jim Leighton
    Lee Sharpe
    Mal Donaghy
    Ralph Mine
    Mark Hughes
    Giuliano Mairoana
    1989: Mike Phelan
    Gary Pallister
    Neill Web
    Brian Carey
    Danny Wallace
    Paul Ince
    1990: Denis Irwin
    Les Sealey
    Neil Withworth
    1991: Andrei Kanchelskis
    Peter Schmeichel
    Paul Parker
    1992/93: Eric Cantona
    Dion Dublin
    Pat McGibbon
    1993/94: Graeme Tomlinson
    Roy Keane
    1994/95: Andy Cole
    David May
    1995/96: Jordi Cryuff
    Karel Poborsky
    Ole Solskjaer
    Ronny Johnsen
    Rai Van der Gouw
    Tony Coton
    Nick Culkin
    William Prunier
    1996/97: Erik Nevland
    Teddy Sheringham
    1997/98: Jonathan Greening
    Henning Berg
    1998/99: Bojan Djordjic
    Dwight Yorke
    Jesper Blomqvist
    Jaap Stam
    1999/00: Fabian Barthez
    Mikael Silvestre
    Massimo Taibi
    Quinton Fortune
    Mark Bosnich
    2001/02: Luke Steele
    Diego Forlan
    Laurent Blanc
    Roy Carroll
    Juan Veron
    Andy Goram
    Ruud Van Nistelrooy
    2002/03: Ricardo
    Rio Ferdinand
    Kieran Richardson
    2003/04: Chris Eagles
    Jonathan Spector
    Liam Miller
    Gabriel Heinze
    Alan Smith
    Louis Saha
    Dong Fangzhuo
    Cristiano Ronaldo
    Kleberson
    Tim Howard
    Eric Djemba-Djema
    David Bellion
    Lee Martin
    2004/05: Wayne Rooney
    Giuseppe Rossi
    Gerard Pique
    2005/06: Patrice Evra
    Nemanja Vidic
    Ben Foster
    Ji-Sung Park
    Edwin Van Der Sar
    2006/07: Michael Carrick
    Henrik Larsson
    2007/08: Manucho
    Carlos Tevez
    Nani
    Tomasz Kuszczak
    Anderson
    Owen Hargreaves
    Rafael Da Silva
    Fabio Da Silva
    Rodrigo Possebon
    2008/09: Dimitar Berbabtov
    Zoran Tosic
    Ritchie De Laet
    2009/10: Antonio Valencia
    Michael Owen
    Gabriel Obertan
    Mame Biram Diouf
    Paul Pogba
    2010/11: Chris Smalling
    Javier Hernandez
    Marnick Vermijl
    Bebe
    Anders Lindegaard
    2011/12: Phil Jones
    David De Gea
    Ashley Young
    2012/13: Nick Powell
    Shinji Kagawa
    Sean Goss
    Robin Van Persie
    Angelo Henrique
    Alexander Buttner
    Wilfried Zaha

Images of Signings

Spoiler:
    Show

As mentioned, we only have had 3 spanish players, I thought I have a look at the nationality and position of the players we had signed during SAF era, using the players found above.

Nationalities of Signings

Spoiler:
    Show

American 2
    Angolan 1
    Argentinaian 3
    Australian 1
    Belgium 2
    Brazilian 5
    Bulgarian 1
    Cameroonian 1
    Chilean 1
    Chinese 1
    Czech 1
    Danish 2
    Dutch 7
    Ecuadorian 1
    English 39
    French 10
    Irish 2
    Italian 2
    Japanese 1
    mexican 1
    Northern Irish 3
    Norwegian 4
    Polish 1
    Portuguese 3
    Scottish 4
    Senegalese 1
    serbian 2
    South African 1
    South Korean 1
    Spanish 3
    Swedish 3
    Trindad and Tobago 1
    Ukranian 1
    Uruguayian 1
    Welsh 1

Position of Signings

Spoiler:
    Show

Goalkeeper 19

Defender 29

Midfielder 38

Forward 28

ReputationRep:
    This might be of interest to you guys & the need for a central midfielder:

Klopp:

"Shinji Kagawa is one of the best players in the world and now he plays 20 minutes at Manchester United - on the left wing! My heart breaks. Really, I have tears in my eyes.

"Central midfield is Shinji's best role. He's an offensive midfielder with one of the best noses for goal I ever saw.

"But for most Japanese people it means more to play for Man Utd than Dortmund. We cried for 20 minutes, in each others' arms, when he left."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn-er)
    This might be of interest to you guys & the need for a central midfielder:

Klopp:
    posted already

ReputationRep:
    I've never known so much fuss over a transfer target that no1 has actually seen than that of Kevin Strootman.

ReputationRep:
    What do all United wingers have in common?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.