Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    "Hey Barca we want to buy Thiago, here is the fee, now it's down to the player ad what you say to him"

"Hey Barca, if you don' help us sign Thiago, we'll push to sign Fabregas which means either Arsenal come in and get him, or we get him and Arsenal get half the fee anyway"

Is basically, if it's all true which i doubt anyway, how i see it going down.

ReputationRep:
    As long as we get one of the Barcelona boys, it'll be the best Summer transfer period since, last Summer. But if last Summer didn't exist, it'd be the best for damn long time.

I'm keeping high hopes for Thiago Alcantara.

ReputationRep:
    I'd say Thiago is a more of a realistic possibility than Cesc but hell, wouldn't say no to either of them.

But I imagine Arsenal have alot to say on the matter and Wenger has said he will spend (again) and maybe with those funds he could re-sign Cesc and bring back some experience and leadership to the side?

ReputationRep:
    Hate the guy but damn... :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    I'd say Thiago is a more of a realistic possibility than Cesc but hell, wouldn't say no to either of them.

But I imagine Arsenal have alot to say on the matter and Wenger has said he will spend (again) and maybe with those funds he could re-sign Cesc and bring back some experience and leadership to the side?
    Yeah we have first refusal (whatever that means) and a 50% sell on clause so that complicates things. Even then I just don't see him joining United after being at Arsenal for so long, mind you said the same about RVP so who knows. What Cesc really needs is Xavi to retire so he can drop back and become the creative hub of the side. I think he will finish his career at Barca.

Even if Cesc was to join United there would be no pace in midfield. You had this problem with the Carrick-Scholes partnership, both of them are fine players but lack acceleration. Cesc is really slow while Thiago is nimble and quick so he would make sense from that perspective too. Cesc and Carrick both like to sit back and dictate play while Thiago is more dynamic.

ReputationRep:
    0% chance of Fabregas going to Utd I think. The guy has way too much class and respect for Arsenal to ever think about doing an RVP. Doubt he'll ever leave Barca tbh, and why would he?

Anyway, Arsenal have first refusal and a 50% sell on clause so for it to be worthwhile for Barca you'd have to be talking about a 60m bid. So Utd couldnt afford him anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    0% chance of Fabregas going to Utd I think. The guy has way too much class and respect for Arsenal to ever think about doing an RVP. Doubt he'll ever leave Barca tbh, and why would he?
    Because he's a Top 10 player in the world who has to sit on the bench because Xavi is Top 9.

Anyway, Arsenal have first refusal and a 50% sell on clause so for it to be worthwhile for Barca you'd have to be talking about a 60m bid. So Utd couldnt afford him anyway.
    Not sure about that! But you're right. Fabregas to United is nothing more than a wet dream.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Because he's a Top 10 player in the world who has to sit on the bench because Xavi is Top 9.

Not sure about that! But you're right. Fabregas to United is nothing more than a wet dream.

In fairness he starts the vast majority of Barca games, even if he must be pissed not to start the big CL/Classico games. Xavi will be phased out sooner rather than later and things will change for him I'm sure. Even if he did want to leave Barca, then I dont think he go to Utd(because he's an Arsenal man), or Arsenal(because he's too good for us atm) but most likely somewhere like PSG/Juventus etc. In a few years, if Wenger is still here and if we're actually competitive for titles, then I think he might come back to Arsenal for a few years.

Fabregas is worth at least 30m to any club, so Barca would need an offer of 60m to sell(50% of fee goes to AFC) so its just nuts. I suspect the whole point of the 50% clause was to ensure that Barca could never sell to anyone but Arsenal.

In fairness he starts the vast majority of Barca games, even if he must be pissed not to start the big CL/Classico games. Xavi will be phased out sooner rather than later and things will change for him I'm sure. Even if he did want to leave Barca, then I dont think he go to Utd(because he's an Arsenal man), or Arsenal(because he's too good for us atm) but most likely somewhere like PSG/Juventus etc. In a few years, if Wenger is still here and if we're actually competitive for titles, then I think he might come back to Arsenal for a few years.

Fabregas is worth at least 30m to any club, so Barca would need an offer of 60m to sell(50% of fee goes to AFC) so its just nuts. I suspect the whole point of the 50% clause was to ensure that Barca could never sell to anyone but Arsenal.
      Not to mention Barca would be making a loss if they sold him for anything less than that. :yep:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
      Hate the guy but damn... :coma:

Impressive stuff

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
      Yeah we have first refusal (whatever that means) .
      First refusal means you win in an equal offer situation. If Fab were for sale if Arsenal could meet any other offer, you would win in the bidding war.

I've never even thought of these Fabregas rumours as anything more than hot air. Poor journalism to a tee. Fabregas has an uncertain future, United need a midfielder, there is your rumour.

The RVP video is pretty cool. If you see the level of control a player like RVP has, can only imagine what the likes of Ronaldinho/Ronaldo would be like, they played like that against actual opposition not just some kids.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by doggyfizzel)
      First refusal means you win in an equal offer situation. If Fab were for sale if Arsenal could meet any other offer, you would win in the bidding war.

I've never even thought of these Fabregas rumours as anything more than hot air. Poor journalism to a tee. Fabregas has an uncertain future, United need a midfielder, there is your rumour.

The RVP video is pretty cool. If you see the level of control a player like RVP has, can only imagine what the likes of Ronaldinho/Ronaldo would be like, they played like that against actual opposition not just some kids.
      I know. Its ridiculous how they had so much flair and were able to do so against top quality opposition, wasn't ronaldinho able to do 20000 kickups with ease or something like that? The guy had some ridiculous control.

I wonder whether messi has that level of control as well too. He's an effective player and is probably the most agile player on the planet with ridiculous ball control but besides that I don't see him do such things.

ReputationRep:
      SAF, Moyes + Giggs meeting was about Bale, apparently. Top price of £50m but reckon Giggs can speak to him personally to convince him.

I even had to check out this guys google document to find that out.

These transfer bull****ter guys are pretty predictable, it's well boring.

ReputationRep:
      Where is that news from?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by jam277)
      I know. Its ridiculous how they had so much flair and were able to do so against top quality opposition, wasn't ronaldinho able to do 20000 kickups with ease or something like that? The guy had some ridiculous control.

I wonder whether messi has that level of control as well too. He's an effective player and is probably the most agile player on the planet with ridiculous ball control but besides that I don't see him do such things.
      I can't think of a player in the game right now who was as technically gifted as Ronaldinho. The guy was on another level. Interesting point about Messi, I think he is capable but prefers keeping it simple and not being too flashy. I imagine Pep would have told him to not be fancy because of the team ethic while when Ronaldinho was at Barca he had Rijkaard as his manager who probably gave him more freedom. It's not in Messi's personality to be flashy as well, he just likes to get the job done. Even Ronaldo to an extent used to try skills but kept it simple and as a result became a more effective player, no doubt that was because he matured but you get the point. I think Neymar needs to be careful, it's one thing humiliating defenders in the Brazilian league but he needs to alter his game a bit to suit Barca's style of play which is based on the collective rather than the individual.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tommyjw)
      SAF, Moyes + Giggs meeting was about Bale, apparently. Top price of £50m but reckon Giggs can speak to him personally to convince him.

I even had to check out this guys google document to find that out.

These transfer bull****ter guys are pretty predictable, it's well boring.
      Source, his agent has said he would listen to offers from Madrid.

ReputationRep:
      A football transfer profile on twitter made one post saying "Barca United Fabregas deal agreed" and the whole of twitter has gone mental. :lol:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Akkuz)
      A football transfer profile on twitter made one post saying "Barca United Fabregas deal agreed" and the whole of twitter has gone mental. :lol:
      No chance, he's an Arsenal man, similar to CR7 in that respect. Would love to see Thiago join, he is awesome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cheetahs56)
      No chance, he's an Arsenal man
      He's also a professional footballer. Football is a job to him.

If Cesc doesn't join Man. United, it won't be because of his Arsenal history.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Wilfred Little)
      He's also a professional footballer. Football is a job to him.

If Cesc doesn't join Man. United, it won't be because of his Arsenal history.
      Yeah it would

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.