The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4740
Hernandez scored twice against Nigeria in the 2-2 draw yesterday to have a 32 international goal tally so far. He's only 14 goals behind Mexico's top scorer who has 46 goals. And at his age (he turned 25 today), you could definitely see him smashing that record.

He managed to score 2 goals in 70 mins - the same amount of goals Welbeck the "striker" managed in the entire season over all competitions. Yet he was still given less game time than Welbeck. I just hope Moyes selects Hernandez ahead of Welbeck when he takes charge.
Welbeck might not score but offers more than hernandez
Original post by ledleyking123
Welbeck might not score but offers more than hernandez
He offers more than Hernandez assuming somebody else steps up and scores. As was said by Louis he played the main strike role for most of a season, and it puts and large burden on the others in that case Rooney.

Hernandez isn't a complete striker by any means, but he can play more to the standard we need than Welbeck. Hernandez's game has also improved, his pressing game is far better than it was, he's shown this season he's can go wide and create space for a striker like RVP. Welbeck's link up play and presence is better but, tbh the only reason that has been so important is to cover up our midfield weakness and lack of a creative player. Assuming we sign a midfielder, that combine with Kagawa coming though will make the need for that kind of play less and less, and the pressure on him to up the goal tally more and more.

Side note on the Hernandez's mexico record, as was said before he's closing in on being their record scorer. He's the only active player in the top 10, and is now 14 goals away from equally the record. He could easily be the secon (7 goals away) by the end of summer, due to the fact being Mexico they have to play some relative cannon fodder by Hernandez's standards in the coming months. Jamaica, Costa Rica, Panama twice, Canada, and Martinique all by the end of summer, plus Italy, Brazil and Japan. Helps that he's also the penalty taker.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4743
Thank God it's over.
Lol it was getting a bit silly
Reply 4745
Lol that bitchfight was worse than the Fabregas to United rumour.

According to a few semi-reliable twitter sources, we've rejected a bid for Rooney. I reckon he will end up staying. Who knows, maybe Moyes can reignite him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Gareth Bale to United boys! Get your money on now! United have just made a bid and he prefers to stay in England rather than go abroad to Real Madrid! Can you really imagine him in a Manchester City kit? I THOUGHT NOT.
Rooney is definitely not for sale. Can't we just put that rumour to bed already?
If the player wants to leave, the club can't stand in his way.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm interested in what Balague has to say. Has he confirmed that Rooney is leaving?

If so, it is inevitable.
Original post by NathanW18
I'm interested in what Balague has to say. Has he confirmed that Rooney is leaving?

If so, it is inevitable.

Not this again.......... :sigh:
Reply 4751
Original post by Thebest786
If the player wants to leave, the club can't stand in his way.

Posted from TSR Mobile

They can do whatever they like until the end of his contract.
I personally think that everything SAF has said over the month about Rooney is to drive up his price. Probably wrong though.
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Not this again.......... :sigh:

Lool, exactly what I was thinking:biggrin:
Manchester United v Real Madrid Legends Match is on today at 2:30

United: Van der Sar, van der Gouw; Berg, Blackmore, Irwin, Johnsen, Martin, Stam; Fortune, Robson, Scholes, Sharpe; Cole, Sheringham, van Nistelrooy, Yorke.

Real Madrid: Contreras, Sanchez; Cannavaro, Helguera, Hierro, Pavon, Salgado, Sanz; Amavisca, De la Red, Figo, McManaman, Makelele, Zidane; Alfonso, Butragueno, Morientes, van Nistelrooy.

Any match Zidane + Scholes play in is worth watching IMO :drool:
RVN to play for both teams :biggrin:
Reply 4755
Original post by NathanW18

If so, it is inevitable.

Lol, Balague

This guy thinks he some kinda James Bond of the football world I swear down. Almost all the stuff he reports is already 90% confirmed anyway!

The other day he said "Neymar will go to Barcelona" well yeah Guillem, THEY ALREADY PUT DOWN A DEPOSIT FOR HIM!

Just because he gets a couple of exclusive interviews and is best mates with Xabi Alonso, does not make his word gospel.
Reply 4756
What a player Van Nistelrooy is, brought back good memories MOM for me, shame we lost. Van Der Sah was amazing as well, amazing how many awesome dutch players have played for us.
Original post by douglasnva
Gareth Bale to United boys! Get your money on now! United have just made a bid and he prefers to stay in England rather than go abroad to Real Madrid! Can you really imagine him in a Manchester City kit? I THOUGHT NOT.

source?
Original post by manchesterunited15
source?

He's lying/trolling.
Original post by cheetahs56
He's lying/trolling.

I was excited :colonhash:

Latest