The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Akkuz
I've yet to see any reliable source with regards to Strootman. The transfer mills have been quiet over the last few days.

Why were you negged? lol
Reply 4781
Original post by cheetahs56
Why were you negged? lol

Someone must have been highly offended by controversial comment about Strootman. :lol:

Spoiler

Original post by Akkuz
Someone must have been highly offended by controversial comment about Strootman. :lol:

Spoiler

Hahaha

96b57e68_holland-meme-generator-awwwwwww-he-s-so-mad-f66847.jpeg
Cleverley would be judged on this season having played a number of more games compared to the one before, when he got injured at Bolton and missed many months.

Clev's not done anything massive to shout about. He's done simple things very well, provided energy (but you would expect him to that), scored a lovely home goal against Sunderland when he curled it into the far post from Carrick's pass and has done OK for England like Tommy says.

I can't imagine him playing as much as he did this season if we bring Strootman as rumoured but maybe Moyes, a new coach, might be able to coax more out of him.
Reply 4784
Original post by Aky786UK
Cleverley would be judged on this season having played a number of more games compared to the one before, when he got injured at Bolton and missed many months.

Clev's not done anything massive to shout about. He's done simple things very well, provided energy (but you would expect him to that), scored a lovely home goal against Sunderland when he curled it into the far post from Carrick's pass and has done OK for England like Tommy says.

I can't imagine him playing as much as he did this season if we bring Strootman as rumoured but maybe Moyes, a new coach, might be able to coax more out of him.

I have to say I was a little disappointed for two reasons. 1), I was disappointed that Cleverley really didn't seize his chance in midfield (a position we've been struggling in) and 2) I was disappointed in myself for putting too much pressure on the young lad. He had an okay season, nothing spectacular, but nothing terrible. The injuries didn't help either. I think next season he'll really show his worth in the team.

As a side note, Jones, Welbeck and Rafael really impressed me this season. Jones is an absolute BEAST. He will become an amazing player I am sure. Rafael has improved his consistency and is easily one of the best RB's in the league (goal against QPR anyone?? :gah:). Welbeck had a brilliant season in terms of showing everyone what he can do, but clearly, to become a world class player, he needs to start taking those chances when presented with them. In fairness to him though, he had one or two niggling injuries and was also played on the wings quite a lot. I really do hope Welbeck succeeds at the club because his temperament and enthusiasm for the game are a joy to behold. He also has amazing technique and close control which often goes amiss in discussion about him.

Watch out for Blackett and Januzaj from the youth teams. I've heard Pearson and Daehli are also coming along nicely.
Original post by Akkuz
I've yet to see any reliable source with regards to Strootman. The transfer mills have been quiet over the last few days.
Tbh, the rumours were about under SAF, anything from previous seasons might not be the case under Moyes.
Original post by ledleyking123
Navas off to city

Strange one that. Undoubtedly a good player but I thought he always gets homesick whenever he left Seville, let alone Spain?
I though Navas had managed to get over that. Pathetic either way, problems like that you need to man up and deal with them either on your own or get some help.
Original post by sr90
Strange one that. Undoubtedly a good player but I thought he always gets homesick whenever he left Seville, let alone Spain?

Sevilla are in bad debt, they need to sell him to balance the books. A bit like Silva joining City in the first place, he didn't want to leave but Valencia had to sell him.
Ronaldos selling his home

On like donkey kong
Reply 4790
He could just be moving to another house in Madrid :teeth:
Original post by Tommyjw
Ronaldos selling his home

On like donkey kong

Good time to sell. He is a businessman after all. As long as he doesn't buy in West London now.
Reply 4792
Original post by doggyfizzel
I though Navas had managed to get over that. Pathetic either way, problems like that you need to man up and deal with them either on your own or get some help.

Bit harsh to call him pathetic. This was no ordinary homesickness that he had; he'd have anxiety attacks and seizures whenever he went anywhere. He said himself that he's been working to try and get over it, I can't image he'd have wanted to do anything other than cure it for his whole life. But when his condition is as serious as this, I can understand that it's hard to get over. But he has gotten better, started playing European matches for Sevilla and travelling with the national team, and now he's moving to England, albeit with his family by the sounds of it.
Original post by xDave-
Bit harsh to call him pathetic. This was no ordinary homesickness that he had; he'd have anxiety attacks and seizures whenever he went anywhere. He said himself that he's been working to try and get over it, I can't image he'd have wanted to do anything other than cure it for his whole life. But when his condition is as serious as this, I can understand that it's hard to get over. But he has gotten better, started playing European matches for Sevilla and travelling with the national team, and now he's moving to England, albeit with his family by the sounds of it.
Serious homesickness like that doesn't just happen over night, its a problem which if accommodated becomes that serious. What begins as a dislike for leaving home for periods, end up being a paralysing condition which affects your entire life. That's what pathetic about it, allowing it to get that serious. I've certainly got respect for him dealing with his problem rather than taking the easy option which many other would.
I heard a long time ago he is joining Chelsea :frown:
Reply 4795
Anyone else thing Strootman has a resemblance to Van Persie? :tongue:

Stootman-RVP.jpg
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4796
Original post by qasidb
Anyone else thing Strootman has a resemblance to Van Persie? :tongue:

Stootman-RVP.jpg

strootman and vlaar look like inbred version of RVP, Im sure they're related somehow

As for the Navas thing the guy has pretty bad anxiety, he would refuse to go on pre season training with sevilla because he didn't wanna leave sevilla, he had to be persuaded by ramos to go play for his country. Sounds pretty extreme to me
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4797
I wonder how Moyes' will do next season with competition like mourinho and pellegrini

I won't be disappointed if we don't win title next season but at least top 3

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by diggy
I wonder how Moyes' will do next season with competition like mourinho and pellegrini

I won't be disappointed if we don't win title next season but at least top 3

Posted from TSR Mobile

Pellegrini and City is a road way to hell for City. They probably will invest a good 80 odd million though and probably on the wrong players.
Original post by cleveradam
Pellegrini and City is a road way to hell for City. They probably will invest a good 80 odd million though and probably on the wrong players.

That's absolute nonsense. Have you never watched a pellegrini team before? He did wonders with villareal and did well with malaga too but the investors decided to back out of the operation as they thought they weren't going to get to madrid/barca. At villareal he got more results vs barca than they did against him in fact and he clearly knows his tactics by almost getting to a CL semi final this year with malaga and getting to the CL semi with villareal.

They needed a direct winger with pace, so they bought navas, clearly a needed signing that they've bought.

Latest