The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Malevolent
Nothing wrong with that. May as well say only the normal players who play all the big games should get the CL medals :tongue:

Well there's a difference between winning a medal, and being a medal holder. People talk about medals as if footballers are magpies who just want to collect shiny pieces of metal when.

Too many medals are given out these days anyway, even Buttner got one this season ffs.
I'm not so sure about Rooney's attitude on the field, he's always hungry on the field, too hungry at times in fact. I think the issue is, as his weight fluctuations would suggest (and the smoking), he's not always willing to put in the graft off the field. I think at points that has been the cause of some friction between him and SAF, where he want to play the big games, but hasn't really kept himself in shape so that he's really the best choice for them.
Reply 5022
Original post by Tommyjw
Sport Witness on this whole thing

I like Sport Witness, it posts its own reliable info and thoughts as well as talking about and debunking other rumours.

Most likely false then

I believe we can win the title next year but it doesn't mean we will. It's gonna being a big transition for Moyes and all of the players id be content with top 3

But if we get in a battle for 4th place.........

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5023
Original post by Aky786UK
Great jpegs there of De Gea at his best. It's great to see him racking up this experience with the under 21's. Casillas is getting on; Reina and Valdes are the experienced duo but I'd love to see a Spanish coach take the opportunity to give De Gea the number slot but he'd need to play for the senior team before taking over that mantle.

I still want to see an English interview from him. Apparently he wanted to answer question in English before the RM-Man United presser at the Bernabeu but didn't get a chance to.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4M4BkUnWvg
Reply 5024
Is Varela going to be put straight into the reserves just like Henriquez? What do you think will happen Henriquez anyway? I want to see him in the first team. Just giving him a game or 2 and see how he does. It was done with Welbeck if I'm not mistaken. I think he was also allowed in the first team for a bit before being put in the reserves and then being permanently reinstated into the first team again 2 seasons ago.
(edited 10 years ago)
What are your guys favourite United moments at OT?

I was just watching a video of United season review 2002-03 and it reminded how I loved shouting "RUUD RUUD RUUD" after a Nistelrooy goal!
Original post by qasidb
Is Varela going to be put straight into the reserves just like Henriquez? What do you think will happen Henriquez anyway? I want to see him in the first team. Just giving him a game or 2 and see how he does. It was done with Welbeck if I'm not mistaken. I think he was also allowed in the first team for a bit before being put in the reserves and then being permanently reinstated into the first team again 2 seasons ago.

Tbf he did prove his worth at sunderland for a season playing regular football.
Original post by diggy
Every player at a young age has the potential to be great reading new reports about Walcott afew years ago would make you think he'd be the worlds best winger but look at him now very few players meet their max potential

I think we should have probably gone for navas he's proven already and as our wingers have been terrible we need quality in that position and zaha as good as he might be, probably won't be playing that much in the first team

Posted from TSR Mobile

I agree with this. I personally think zaha should go back to crystal palace on a year loan, he's unproven in the prem but if he played for at least 6 months for a relegation club and shines then he'll definitely be good to go for the first team. It seems unlikely for this to happen though unfortunately.
Original post by Zürich
If Barca had won the CL this year, Fab would have got a medal whilst being on the bench for all of the important games. Where's the glory in that? May as well get a job as the kitman.

Not really, you're all a part of a team. Messi can't do his job alone, while he's clearly the integral cog of the team he still needs service and needs his players defending so he can attack(he runs the 2nd least in the team, only victor valdes runs less in a match than messi iirc) also what if you started the most important game in the CL(ryan bertrand e.g.) but you played for 70mins? Does that mean that he's more deserving of a medal than fabregas.

Winning trophies is better being the star, but I think fabregas got enough game time in order to be considered as having a good role in getting a medal. There's also the examples of hernandez and ole gunner solkjaer.
Reply 5030
Original post by jam277
Tbf he did prove his worth at sunderland for a season playing regular football.

Unfortunately he only played 4 games though. And he played for Wigan not Sunderland. He scored against Sunderland though.
Original post by Whitechapel
What are your guys favourite United moments at OT?

I was just watching a video of United season review 2002-03 and it reminded how I loved shouting "RUUD RUUD RUUD" after a Nistelrooy goal!

In recent years, the Owen winner
Original post by qasidb
Unfortunately he only played 4 games though. And he played for Wigan not Sunderland. He scored against Sunderland though.

Welbeck...
Reply 5033
Original post by DH1'
@Cristiano 6m
All the news about my renewal with Real Madrid are false.

:holmes:

Just saw this. Major beard smiley time :beard: :beard:
Now that is intriguing :redface:
It's so on
Cristiano is such a tease
Reply 5037
I wouldn't read too much into things like this usually but for Ronaldo to come out publicly and state that, is quite a statement - especially given that Perez has kept saying that he's staying over the past week or two.

Hypothetically, if he does leave I honestly can't see him going anywhere but United. That's if the Glazers want to sanction the £60m-£80m fee.

Maybe he's just trolling Perez haha. :holmes:
Reply 5039
Original post by Akkuz
That's if the Glazers want to sanction the £60m-£80m fee.

Considering we sold him for £80m and he's become 10 times the player he was, I somehow doubt we'd get him that cheap even if he is on the second last year of his contract. We're talking £100m+ for sure, because other clubs will pay that if United aren't willing to.

Latest