Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    I don't understand. If this rumour was in fact true then why on earth would the people involved then proceed to go and tell some nobody sports lawyer about it? How would he know about this if it were true?
    I don't know the reliability of the source.

Ronaldo's tweet usually get 2k retweets on average but his contract one got 53,000 haha.

ReputationRep:
    the way I see it Ronaldo will leave one of two ways;

1) Madrid force him to see out his contract but let him talk to other clubs about moving on a free in 2015 when it ends.

2) Madrid cash in on him now to sell him to a club for around £50-75m, if they wait a year he has only 1 year left on his contract so they won't get anything like as much.

as for where he goes, I would say it's either one of the French money clubs (PSG/Monaco) or if he comes back to England I can't see him going to anyone else other than United tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    the way I see it Ronaldo will leave one of two ways;

1) Madrid force him to see out his contract but let him talk to other clubs about moving on a free in 2015 when it ends.

2) Madrid cash in on him now to sell him to a club for around £50-75m, if they wait a year he has only 1 year left on his contract so they won't get anything like as much.

as for where he goes, I would say it's either one of the French money clubs (PSG/Monaco) or if he comes back to England I can't see him going to anyone else other than United tbh.
    £50-75m for a Ronaldo at his peak is an absolute bargain. I think it would be higher.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    £50-75m for a Ronaldo at his peak is an absolute bargain. I think it would be higher.
    with only 2 years on his contract and him wanting to leave they won't get more than that imho, and they know that, that's why Perez is coming out with his rhetoric, he's trying to inflate the price of the player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    I reckon United can must up a transfer fee around that region but I doubt they would be able to sustain the wages of both Ronaldo & Rooney. I don't know the details of our current financial position, may someone else can shed some light.
    I remember reading somewhere that nike get a percentage of our shirt sales, and as such would be prepared to help fund the purchase of ronaldo because he would sell more shirts. So i think financially it shouldn't be an issue. However I dont think we should pay more than £70m given that he has perhaps got 5-6 years left in him and that means- alongside his wages- that he will cost us £20m a year for the next 6 years. Even if we win the title every year I'm not sure that 20m will result in 20m more revenue so i don't think it will happen for that reason. Although obviously i would love to have him back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brainiac)
    I remember reading somewhere that nike get a percentage of our shirt sales, and as such would be prepared to help fund the purchase of ronaldo because he would sell more shirts. So i think financially it shouldn't be an issue. However I dont think we should pay more than £70m given that he has perhaps got 5-6 years left in him and that means- alongside his wages- that he will cost us £20m a year for the next 6 years. Even if we win the title every year I'm not sure that 20m will result in 20m more revenue so i don't think it will happen for that reason. Although obviously i would love to have him back.
    http://metro.co.uk/2010/04/15/cristi...-claim-242129/

I'm assuming that it's reliable, but yeah i'd expect we would get a similar return if he came back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brainiac)
    Yea Nike can't stand him playing in a Adidas jersey... He should just come back, won more at united, Won the CL with us.. Playing second fiddle to messi in the la liga.. But I recon he will sign a 5 year deal with real.. I think he's just using the fact the we want him and it seems possible

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    To clarify: surely Ronaldo must have some sort of clauses in his Madrid and sponsorship contracts to forbid him from using social media to state contract related information?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    To clarify: surely Ronaldo must have some sort of clauses in his Madrid and sponsorship contracts to forbid him from using social media to state contract related information?
    I'd assume something would be in it but then again if Madrid have come out and said he is going to sign a new deal when he isn't then i'm not sure if legally he is allowed to come out and correct the incorrect information (after all if clubs think he is staying they might not bid.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    I'd imagine he's forbidden from revealing specifics, but something as simple as a yes or no on a renewal I would imagine not. He surely can reveal his current contractual status.

ReputationRep:
    hopefully Pelligrini takes City to the same heights as Malaga...(4th in the league and disqualified from European competitions)

ReputationRep:
    Think he'll be good for City. Can't do any worse in Europe than Mancini anyway.

Don't think he'll be a massive influence, but i'm sure City will reach £100m net spend and he'll do fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    hopefully Pelligrini takes City to the same heights as Malaga...(4th in the league and disqualified from European competitions)
    Hopefully, unlikely though.

ReputationRep:
    Pellegrini seems a likeable chap; his English is spot on and at least he won't moan incessantly like Mancini did about players etc and handle internal schisms with more diplomacy in public.

The Sun report Glazers have allowed Moyes to go after Bale for 85m?! Silly season or what.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Pellegrini seems a likeable chap; his English is spot on and at least he won't moan incessantly like Mancini did about players etc and handle internal schisms with more diplomacy in public.

The Sun report Glazers have allowed Moyes to go after Bale for 85m?! Silly season or what.
    To be fair he's the best player we could realistically get, and if we sign a top centre mid as well we'd really improve our chances at the league

ReputationRep:
    agree with jam so much. People are s retarded when it comes to David moyes. We want a manager like him who won't think he is bigger than the club (mourinho). Moyes will be great

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    To be fair he's the best player we could realistically get, and if we sign a top centre mid as well we'd really improve our chances at the league
    Really? I don't think he's a realistic target in the sense that Spurs will do what they can to not sell him to us. Levy will sell him to Madrid for a lesser price than sell him to us I feel. Realistic in the sense of what he could offer for us, sure. But I don't see a Bale transfer happening; he seems keen for a move abroad unless Giggsy gets on the phone and persuades him round which might be tough as despite Giggs being a legend for Wales, not so sure Bale has that connection for him like he wants to emulate and be like him etc.

ReputationRep:
    Uh oh, the delusional fans from RAWK are spreading

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Really? I don't think he's a realistic target in the sense that Spurs will do what they can to not sell him to us. Levy will sell him to Madrid for a lesser price than sell him to us I feel. Realistic in the sense of what he could offer for us, sure. But I don't see a Bale transfer happening; he seems keen for a move abroad unless Giggsy gets on the phone and persuades him round which might be tough as despite Giggs being a legend for Wales, not so sure Bale has that connection for him like he wants to emulate and be like him etc.
    True, I don't think we'll get him but it's more likely than Ronaldo/Fabregas/Lewandowski. He has a family and young children I think, so he wouldn't want to take them abroad, so if he does leave it will probably be for another english club.
    I don't get why Levy doesn't want to sell him to us? He sold us Carrick and Berba, it's not like we're direct rivals anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I'm actually pretty interested as to how you'll do next season. I think you'll play the exact same style you did under fergie for next season. Maybe moyes will try and get the team playing his own style in the future(hopefully not something like tika taka though as you guys are actually good to watch when in full flow)
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Just like it has been every season for the past 10 years? Focus on your midtable-team, not us.
    He can't even spell properly. 22 years and counting.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.