Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    What are people's views on the Zaha deal? I'm still unconvinced about him and whether he become one of our key players or end up like Nani/Anderson and not really live up this his hype

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22924243

Interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mlw94)
    What are people's views on the Zaha deal? I'm still unconvinced about him and whether he become one of our key players or end up like Nani/Anderson and not really live up this his hype
    I don't understand how you can be convinced or not convinced either way. What are you basing it on? He came from the championship?Why is it worse to take the best player from a championship side that just got promoted than someone who was not or just about breaking a mid/low end PL team? He's got the talent to be a key player, it depends on how he progresses, which could be said of almost any 20 year old.

Tbf, what else was he going to say? "I would have preferred the United job but didn't get it" as someone in the comments says

just like I would have turned down Anna Kournikova if she had asked me to date her instead of Enrique Iglesias. ok, she didn't ask me, but I would have turned her down. honest.

ReputationRep:
    Out of 10, what are the chances of CR7 coming home?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UnknownGuy)
    Out of 10, what are the chances of CR7 coming home?

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    I would personally say about 2 or 3.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm def calling bull**** on that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    Tbf, what else was he going to say? "I would have preferred the United job but didn't get it" as someone in the comments says
    He's hardly going to say anything that takes away the warmth of his return to Chelsea. He would have taken the job had United really wanted him to take it, which it turns out, they really didn't. Although I look at this comments post United-RM second leg as either him flirting for the job or he knew SAF was going to retire and that's what made him try to be humble; probably the latter. Although I'd be surprised if he told Mourinho months in advance despite their friendship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whitechapel)
    Money, money, money. If he wanted to come back, then that is the end of it. Perez can't keep a player who doesn't want to play. Utd have the backing of the Glazers and their sponsors, the revenue and hype from the Ronaldo signing would be intense.

http://metro.co.uk/2010/04/15/cristi...-claim-242129/

That's 80 million in a few years on shirts ALONE.

It is financially viable to get him. We just need to see what he wants first.
    With shirt sales though, probably a large percentage of them would have been bought anyway, it's just when Ronaldo joined they got his name on the back.

ReputationRep:
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...er-United-link

Marchisio looks keen on a move, look out for him in the confiderations cup, though 27 he could be what we need, maybe a deal involving Nani (though I'd hate Nani leaving).

(Original post by rohitbd)
      http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...er-United-link

Marchisio looks keen on a move, look out for him in the confiderations cup, though 27 he could be what we need, maybe a deal involving Nani (though I'd hate Nani leaving).
      Marchisio is an excellent player, this would be a very astute signing indeed imo. :yep:

ReputationRep:
      Marchisio would be a good buy. He's 27 so into the peak years for a midfielder, good 5 year minimum left in him. I never thought he was actually a possibility. He can play defensive, pass, and he's got a few goals in him. Juventus have been after Nani for a while so could be an advantage. He's of the kind of quality we need in the midfield. Bit risky, midfielder from Italy coming to the PL, he's Italian too so history says he's unlikely to make the move. I'd imagine he'd cost a small fortune in wages. I've heard he gets mixed views from Juv fans, he's got a reputation for drifting in and out of games and plenty rate Pogba a fair bit higher.

See Chica scored from the spot tonight but Mex did lose.

ReputationRep:
      Mourinho didn't even want to go to chelsea the first time. He wanted the liverpool job but got rejected. I think he was probably on a lookout for a job and would have taken the united job but kept all his options open.

Marchisio would be a good buy. He's 27 so into the peak years for a midfielder, good 5 year minimum left in him. I never thought he was actually a possibility. He can play defensive, pass, and he's got a few goals in him. Juventus have been after Nani for a while so could be an advantage. He's of the kind of quality we need in the midfield. Bit risky, midfielder from Italy coming to the PL, he's Italian too so history says he's unlikely to make the move. I'd imagine he'd cost a small fortune in wages. I've heard he gets mixed views from Juv fans, he's got a reputation for drifting in and out of games and plenty rate Pogba a fair bit higher.

See Chica scored from the spot tonight but Mex did lose.
      Good buy, but that's not going to happen, he's a juve youth product, likelyhood is that he'll cost 25mil at least and will probably end his career at juve.

ReputationRep:
      Apparently Thiago has stated his intention to leave and is evaluating his PL offers, from 'Sport' which people seem to be believing..

Us + City seem to be the two

I don't think many United fans would quite get the jist of just how good it would be if we bought Thiago, especially for £17m or whatever it was

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tommyjw)

I don't think many United fans would quite get the jist of just how good it would be if we bought Thiago, especially for £17m or whatever it was
      Agree, his true value is probably closer to £30m in todays market.

ReputationRep:
      According the Spanish newspaper outlet 'SPORT' Thiago Alcantara has informed Barcelona that he intends to leave this season. This paper also claims that Thiago has received two offers from two English clubs; one is likely to be Man United. He'd be a great addition, a deal now seems very likely Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1371511720.894158.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  44.8 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      I think we would almost certainly be in pole position for Thiago. He's good mates with De Gea and will want exposure for the national team rather than the competition at City, I guess City's pursuit of Isco will have a big bearing on it.

I think most people get how good Thiago is, but realise he's only moving as a stop gap. He's a good player, who could become a great player, but if he does become great he'll be back off to Spain. Still he'd be worthwhile for us, and if we can nail out a good deal for him we could make a tidy profit if he does return to Barca that could pay for his replacement. Can't believe Barca would be stupid enough not to give him minutes just to ensure his release clause didn't kick in, its not like they were run hard for the league.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tommyjw)
      Apparently Thiago has stated his intention to leave and is evaluating his PL offers, from 'Sport' which people seem to be believing..

Us + City seem to be the two

It could be like 11 years ago when you wanted xavi.

I think we would almost certainly be in pole position for Thiago. He's good mates with De Gea and will want exposure for the national team rather than the competition at City, I guess City's pursuit of Isco will have a big bearing on it.

I think most people get how good Thiago is, but realise he's only moving as a stop gap. He's a good player, who could become a great player, but if he does become great he'll be back off to Spain. Still he'd be worthwhile for us, and if we can nail out a good deal for him we could make a tidy profit if he does return to Barca that could pay for his replacement. Can't believe Barca would be stupid enough not to give him minutes just to ensure his release clause didn't kick in, its not like they were run hard for the league.
      I agree here he'd probably be gone in 4-5 years. I think villanova wanted to beat the points record personally so he just used the same strong team over and over unless he was forced to change the team.

ReputationRep:

Another **** up by Vilanova and Roura. So retarded that they actually said it wasn't their job to keep track of contracts like that...

ReputationRep:
      Moysie, give us a song. Moysie Moysie give us a song.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.