The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rohitbd
If we get Thiago it would be the best signing for us since Ronaldo, a player of his class for 15mil is so cheap, Hazard, Moura, Martinez, Oscar, Gotze and Neymar have gone for more than double and Thiago is on par with them, De Gea has to work his charm to convince him to come, Moyes best not wait till July 1st, he should try and sign him as soon as possible.

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/314-11-Thiago-Alcantara/page425

This is a good read and they constantly update the status on Thiago.

Love how they are complaining about Rio tweeting that he was good, them of all clubs :rofl2:
Original post by Tommyjw
Its going to be like Hazard all over again to some other club :frown:

Ye doubt it will, players like him love the family clubs, as that's what they are bought up to be like Pique, Fabregas), we'll mature him into one of the top 3 CM's in the world then sell him back to Barça for a tidy liitle profit:smug:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5222
Original post by DaveSmith99
Love how they are complaining about Rio tweeting that he was good, them of all clubs :rofl2:

I know that made me lol as well:tongue:
Big game player - Moysie sign him up!
Original post by rohitbd
If we get Thiago it would be the best signing for us since Ronaldo, a player of his class for 15mil is so cheap, Hazard, Moura, Martinez, Oscar, Gotze and Neymar have gone for more than double and Thiago is on par with them, De Gea has to work his charm to convince him to come, Moyes best not wait till July 1st, he should try and sign him as soon as possible.

http://www.barcaforum.com/showthread.php/314-11-Thiago-Alcantara/page425

This is a good read and they constantly update the status on Thiago.

****... we're definitely ****ed if this guy leaves... **** De Gea, **** Ferdinand, **** ManU...

And I thought the forums for British clubs were bad...
Reply 5225
indykaila News ‏@indykaila 2h
Source (agent): "#MUFC are close to a major signing and will start leaking out to media outlets."

Hope it's true. Word on the street is Strootman. Whether you classify that as "major" is another matter :tongue:

I'd love to see him and Thiago come in.
Indykalia knows less than my mum and she doesnt know who Paul Scholes is.

Graeme Bailey says he is working on a big exclusive that is 95% likely to happen in the next 2 days. Not defined for us but exciting nonetheless.
Reply 5227
Original post by Tommyjw
Indykalia knows less than my mum and she doesnt know who Paul Scholes is.

Graeme Bailey says he is working on a big exclusive that is 95% likely to happen in the next 2 days. Not defined for us but exciting nonetheless.

Disagree. He's got a lot of calls/rumours correct. Obviously he can't always get them spot on but he turns out to be right quite a lot of the time (but not always). One of the best twitter sources IMO.
Out of Fabregas (which is not going to happen purely for the player will stay at Barca IMO) and Thiago, the latter is a much more attractive proposition. A hat-trick in the final with all three goals well taken, and his quality in general sugggests £18m would be an absolute bargain considering there is always the possibility he'd be sold back to Barca in 5 years' time ala Fabregas and Arsenal and we could make a nice profit.

Roll on July 1st - mainly because I can't wait for the Moyes press conference which I assume will be done that week before they jet off to the pre-season festivities.

In regards to reliable Twitter sources, Miguel Delaney is a decent one. He seems to have good inside information at United and kept a credible look in on the RVP transfer saga last summer.
(edited 10 years ago)
Would you guys welcome a loan deal for Thiago? I reckon it is something that will favour both clubs.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
Would you guys welcome a loan deal for Thiago? I reckon it is something that will favour both clubs.

No I'd rather not have him. We're not a feeder club and we shouldve learnt our Pique lessons which turned out to more or less be a loan

Why loan him when we can buy him for 17m euros?
Original post by DaveSmith99
Why loan him when we can buy him for 17m euros?

Do Barcelona have to sell if we bid 17m euros? A loan is something that will favour all three parties here. Of course, if Barcelona are willing to sell, then Moysie, sign him up.
Reply 5233

why would we loan him? do we look like some championship club to you? Thiago needs game time he will get that at UTD, we need a central midfielder not just for 1 season, he will grow with us over time not over 1 season.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by cost
thats the most retarded thing ive heard... why would we loan him? do we look like some championship club to you? Thiago needs game time he will get that at UTD, we need a central midfielder not just for 1 season, he will grow with us over time not over 1 season.

Because only Championship sides loan players. Do you not remember Henrik Larsson in the year we won the title back?

His heart is clearly with Barcelona. If they are unwilling to sell, surely this would be the next best alternative.
Because only Championship sides loan players. Do you not remember Henrik Larsson in the year we won the title back?

His heart is clearly with Barcelona. If they are unwilling to sell, surely this would be the next best alternative.

Henrik Larsson was a different case. Sir Alex was always keen to have him at United and his experience would have benefited, the younsters even tho it was for a short while. Massive difference between him and Thiago.

Can you name anyone else we signed on loan in the past 7/8 years?? i certsinly cant think of anyone. We're not a club who tends to develop players for other teams unless the player or the club wants to leave.

If hes only coming on loan, i would rather sign someone else/promote our youngsters through the ranks.
Do Barcelona have to sell if we bid 17m euros? A loan is something that will favour all three parties here. Of course, if Barcelona are willing to sell, then Moysie, sign him up.

Release clause. So they have to sell.
A loan would be utterly pointless.
Original post by Akkuz
indykaila News ‏@indykaila 2h
Source (agent): "#MUFC are close to a major signing and will start leaking out to media outlets."

That guy has actually created fake accounts just to say "Forget the abuse, I only read your twitter as it's the most reliable news"

What a load of rubbish hahaha

Seems like the answer is no

Latest