Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shomberlon)
    That's fine to have issues with him but to attack someone for the uni they go to just shows contempt for decent people that attend the same uni.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    People do that all the time. Same with things such as how people/certain parts of the media portray Islam. Thing is, I think Al Qaeda are nicer than him. Didn't mean to portray everyone who goes to Plymouth as bad....but it's bad.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

I reckon Kagawa might be a bit upset if it happens

ReputationRep:
    Musester on the charm offensive as usual...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Spoiler:
    Show

I reckon Kagawa might be a bit upset if it happens
    It aint gay if its a three way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ledleyking123)
    cant wait for official thiago tmra

valencia carrick thiago nani

kagawa

vpersie
    I would like them to play more of this format (if we get the players of course):

Strootman Carrick

Zaha/Nani/Young/Valencia Thiago Kagawa

RVP

I think a competition for places for the wingers might help them to perform better. Although Nani might be sold on and Zaha sent back on loan leaving only Young and Valencia competing for the one place. And if United do buy a winger than your format might be better suited. It all depends on who they buy and sell that is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Musester on the charm offensive as usual...:rolleyes:
    He's just keen to steal Tommy's WUM crown in this years football forum awards.

I'd think the formation if Thiago was to join would be

Carrick Thiago
    Nani/Valencia Rooney/Kag Young/Zaha/Welbeck
    RVP/Hernandez

To get the best from Thiago you would want him on the ball using some of that Barca ball retention and short passing, in CM rather than as a AM.

ReputationRep:
    With the players currently in our squad and Thiago, I think our best front six would be...

Carrick - Thiago
    Nani - Rooney - Kagawa
    Van Persie

ReputationRep:
    I will get excited when I see it from somewhere official

ReputationRep:
    https://twitter.com/tancredipalmeri/...48952168730624

https://twitter.com/barcastuff/statu...47156834660352

ReputationRep:
    are either of those official though? it's not on SSN or BBC Sport...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SciFiRory)
    are either of those official though? it's not on SSN or BBC Sport...
    I'm hoping I'll wake up tomorrow at around noon, turn on Sky Sports News and see Thiago's name in the yellow breaking news bar at the bottom.

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping I'll wake up tomorrow at around noon, turn on Sky Sports News and see Thiago's name in the yellow breaking news bar at the bottom.
    I'd love that as well, but till I see it I dare not get my hopes up! see so many rumours about players we might sign that I just give up on expecting them, just want to wait now till I see things officially that way I can't be disappointed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    De Gea looks like hes about to hurl :lol:

Also what is that guy on the left doing? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I can't see it?

ReputationRep:
    Ferdinand told the Sunday Sun: "Basically, I could play for another three or four years – or play two or three games for England and be finished in a year. It wasn't a contest.
    "I couldn't sacrifice my fitness for the sake of a few more England caps. It would not have been fair on United, it would have been a disservice to the club and to England."
    Ferdinand also claimed that he considered quitting the game when Sir Alex Ferguson announced his retirement. "Sir Alex leaving did make me think: 'Is it time for me to go too?'" he added.
    The centre-back also revealed just how much his chronic back injury affected him. "Two or three years ago people were saying I was finished and I remember those dark days," he said. "I was in a depressive state, I will admit that. They weren't easy times and I couldn't play to the highest standard. You think negative thoughts. I had 18 months of being injured on and off."
    He said his two sons, Lorenz and Tate, had been the decisive factor. "My two boys are desperate to watch me playing for Manchester United. That was a big factor. They were being asked at school what was happening with me. They were coming home and saying, 'You aren't leaving are you, Dad? We want to see you playing for United.' It is only now they are properly getting into football. They are six and four and I want them to be able to remember me in a United shirt."

Legend

ReputationRep:
    Love how you guys go on about Thiago as if he's Messi.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    Love how you guys go on about Thiago as if he's Messi.
    Why is Thiago in court for tax avoidance too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Ferdinand told the Sunday Sun: "Basically, I could play for another three or four years – or play two or three games for England and be finished in a year. It wasn't a contest.
    "I couldn't sacrifice my fitness for the sake of a few more England caps. It would not have been fair on United, it would have been a disservice to the club and to England."
    Ferdinand also claimed that he considered quitting the game when Sir Alex Ferguson announced his retirement. "Sir Alex leaving did make me think: 'Is it time for me to go too?'" he added.
    The centre-back also revealed just how much his chronic back injury affected him. "Two or three years ago people were saying I was finished and I remember those dark days," he said. "I was in a depressive state, I will admit that. They weren't easy times and I couldn't play to the highest standard. You think negative thoughts. I had 18 months of being injured on and off."
    He said his two sons, Lorenz and Tate, had been the decisive factor. "My two boys are desperate to watch me playing for Manchester United. That was a big factor. They were being asked at school what was happening with me. They were coming home and saying, 'You aren't leaving are you, Dad? We want to see you playing for United.' It is only now they are properly getting into football. They are six and four and I want them to be able to remember me in a United shirt."

Legend
    always liked Rio, one of my fave players in fact, top quality defender when he's fully fit, seems like a lot more down to earth kind of guy in interviews and stuff than most footballers as well, can see him being a really good manager or coach when he retires, hopefully he's got a couple of years at least left in him as a player too cause he was one of our best defenders last season too.

ReputationRep:
    Daily Mail saying same what Hunter's said; that wages have been agreed but discussions on-going for the fee. I'd say any announcement could happen next week.

ReputationRep:
    Telegraph saying its dond

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.