The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Malevolent
Messi doesn't play as an out and out striker with Argentina his job is to link that midfield and Attack.

Neiter does Rooney most of the time to be fair.
Original post by Tommyjw
Neiter does Rooney most of the time to be fair.

Exactly Argentina have too many strikers at their disposal so Mess I has to play like a CAM.
Exactly Argentina have too many strikers at their disposal so Mess I has to play like a CAM.

Exactly, they have Higuain, Aguero and Tevez as strikers. They also have lavezzi and Di Maria who can play either side of the strikers.
Original post by samiz20891
Exactly, they have Higuain, Aguero and Tevez as strikers. They also have lavezzi and Di Maria who can play either side of the strikers.

Such a good problem to have haha. Unless Maradona is your coach then you play a 1-4-5 :ahee:
Such a good problem to have haha. Unless Maradona is your coach then you play a 1-4-5 :ahee:

Always reminds me of what me and my housemates used to do in FIFA. When one of us was Argentina, we tended to play with no real defenders and shift the stronger players like Tevez as center backs and the odd wide player as a full back. It worked well tbh.
barcastuff @barcastuff

Man United have convinced Thiago's father and will this week make Barcelona a formal offer. Player has been offered 4.4M year salary [sport]
Original post by samiz20891
Always reminds me of what me and my housemates used to do in FIFA. When one of us was Argentina, we tended to play with no real defenders and shift the stronger players like Tevez as center backs and the odd wide player as a full back. It worked well tbh.

A friend of mine used to play Henry as a wing back.

He was rubbish for stopping attacks, but get the ball to him on a counter and it was devastating.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2
Knew wed bloody miss out!
Original post by DaveSmith99
barcastuff @barcastuff

Man United have convinced Thiago's father and will this week make Barcelona a formal offer. Player has been offered 4.4M year salary [sport]

So he would be on around 85k a week. So, he would be on the standard tiered contract, where lots of players are on around 90k a week on wages.
Reply 5489
Original post by DaveSmith99
barcastuff @barcastuff

That's all well and good convincing his father but we're trying to convince Thiago.

Also, Barcelona are holding contract talks with Thiago today and I fear that they may convince him to stay with guaranteed greater playing time next season.
Original post by qasidb
That's all well and good convincing his father but we're trying to convince Thiago.

Also, Barcelona are holding contract talks with Thiago today and I fear that they may convince him to stay with guaranteed greater playing time next season.

Thought I heard This go already had a chat with Barcelona and their convinced they did all they could? So confused :s
I read he has been promised a better contract an more playing time and that United will have yo blow hik away today or face losing hik. Typical
Original post by qasidb

What bull****, he's already had talks
As Malevolent said, there is nothing they can really tell him anyway. They knew they had the release clause in place, and still let it expire in a season where they walked the league. He didn't get the games at the end of the season when the matches counted for nothing, and even preferring the option of Xavi on painkillers to Thiago. If they can't deliver game time under those circumstances how they can do so next season I don't know. Pressure is going to be on pushing for the CL, another front spot is taken by Neymar meaning Fabregas or Iniesta in the front 3 is going to be harder. Basically there is no logical way he would be getting more game time next season than last bar injuries. Even if Villanova promises more time, he'll go back on his word if things get tight.

At United, he's going to be the centrepiece of the midfield, as Silva, Fabgregas, Mata, and Cazorla are showing, with the right talent and exposure you can still get into the spain squad outside Madrid or Barca. I can't see a logical reason why he wouldn't move. Hopefully the fact his Dad seems involved, and is Brazillian will negate the Barca DNA bull**** line from being effective.
(edited 10 years ago)
I have a feeling the deal is off and it'll feel like losing a game on penalties. wah
We will get some update tommorow i reckon. Everyone seemed to think a few meetings on Barcas side took place this weekend so you have to imagine there will be some outcome for that
Thiago's on a plane to somewhere... (via his own twitter)
Graham hunter saying he's on his way back from hols. So tommorow could be the big news. Cocks out lads.
Original post by Whitechapel
Thiago's on a plane to somewhere... (via his own twitter)

Going on holiday maybe?
Back on vacation. This is going to be protracted, going to genuinely avoid it all now. It'll start again in a weeks time haha

Latest