Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Moyes first day on July 1st. I'd expect a press conference that week by then hopefully the transfer that everyone is talking about non-stop gets done and as said above, for some positive stories be in place for his conference with the media.

Rooney was scheduled to have talks with Moyes this week so again, Moyes' press conference will probably be overshadowed by transfers, squad make up than his actual appointment.

I'm intrigued by Moyes as his approach to the media as boss. At Everton, he was fairly personable whilst maintaining a distance but SAF was very strict with the one news conference with the TV/Radio/Newspapers (think he did do a Sunday briefing for some) rather than seperate briefings but I hope Moyes does things differently whilst responding to unfair criticism sternly.
    I cant remember when but it was this season, Moyes lost it and was getting in a refs face. just though it was a bit juvenile... buts thats the only time i can remember him losing his cool

ReputationRep:
    Looks like his first press conference is going to be on 5th July apparently. May need to wait till then to find out about Thiago.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know how reliable alistair ferguson is? Saying we've done a deal
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    I cant remember when but it was this season, Moyes lost it and was getting in a refs face. just though it was a bit juvenile... buts thats the only time i can remember him losing his cool
    It was at Anfield wasn't it? Everton had a perfectly legit goal ruled out which would have won them the match. You can hardly blame him as it's Everton's biggest game of the season and he was often critisised for not being able to win away against any of the traditional '''big four''. He'd probably react the same if it happened to us against City.

Seem to remember him having a touch line bust up with Mancini a few years ago as well, although he was provoked. As far as I remember City were losing, Moyes keeps the ball and Mancini shoves him over!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    It was at Anfield wasn't it? Everton had a perfectly legit goal ruled out which would have won them the match. You can hardly blame him as it's Everton's biggest game of the season and he was often critisised for not being able to win away against any of the traditional '''big four''. He'd probably react the same if it happened to us against City.

Seem to remember him having a touch line bust up with Mancini a few years ago as well, although he was provoked. As far as I remember City were losing, Moyes keeps the ball and Mancini shoves him over!
    There's a funny video of him and SAF swearing at each other, from about 2005 though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    I'm intrigued by Moyes as his approach to the media as boss. At Everton, he was fairly personable whilst maintaining a distance but SAF was very strict with the one news conference with the TV/Radio/Newspapers (think he did do a Sunday briefing for some) rather than seperate briefings but I hope Moyes does things differently whilst responding to unfair criticism sternly.
    I think its different approaches, and that more friendly face could be very useful for him. SAF had cultivated such a persona and such a position within the world of football where he quite frankly didn't need the press to validate his position in the club or as a whole, and as many found out over the years, being on the receiving end of abuse or being barred or ignored, they did need him. What kind of journalist can you ever be without being able to attend a United press conference or be on speaking terms with such a big name? Moyes is not the same, he doesn't have that same invincibility and he can't play that same card, he's not above question due to the fact the trophy cabinet is empty. In that sense having some friends in the media is very worthwhile as he beds in at the club, as they will determine whether those answers to the difficult questions are accepted or torn apart. 'Arry is the classic case of being everyones best mate and as such doesn't usually get the media abuse for the fact he's a very expensive distinctly average and limited manager. If Moyes has a rocky period, perhaps not at the start but say in the knockouts of the CL, the relationship he has with the press could be a massive factor in the general opinion of him. He's going to need a bit of humility, as he doesn't have those 13 PL titles and all the cups that SAF, or the likes of Jose, Pep have that they can just say "**** off who are you to question me?"

ReputationRep:
    Anybody else find it odd how the no.9 shirt is still vacant?? I'm no expert but 9 is quite a marketable number for a football club, and if RVP is keeping no.20, Fabio's coming back and there not gonna give him the 9 shirt!!

I know we don't need another striker but I still find it pretty interesting!!

Could be being saved for Bebe

ReputationRep:
    There's no way Rooney would go to Barcelona is there? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    There's no way Rooney would go to Barcelona is there? :eek:
    No nonsense football included this in their report about the speculation. They are decent, no bull****, no speculation, dispell stupid rumours and only post their own if they have sources which a lot of people trust etc (just to say it isn't some random website or something)

We asked our Spanish media insider and he told us: “The Barcelona interest in Wayne Rooney hasn’t just appeared today, it has been around. It has only been speculative though. There has never been anything definite in it. The reports today saying he could come in exchange for Thiago and money are just rumours – speculation. The Thiago deal doesn’t need Wayne Rooney – it is already done. There is nothing in this report.” - See more at: http://www.nononsensefootball.com/th....qjjQG4wd.dpuf

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    No nonsense football included this in their report about the speculation. They are decent, no bull****, no speculation, dispell stupid rumours and only post their own if they have sources which a lot of people trust etc (just to say it isn't some random website or something)
    Yeah I was gonna say there's no way it depends on Thiago. Hes good as gone. Just the interest in Rooney is something. Was interested in him last season but he seemed to be a little off this season.

ReputationRep:
    I was making a point in the arsenal thread which I think you guys would like. If we were looking overall(europe and domestically) who would you give 4th-7th place atm? The top 3 atm is pretty obvious, although if you used the 5 year coefficient it'd be barca, bayern and chelsea for obvious reasons, but you'd put madrid over chelsea for the sake of strength and consistency in the league and CL over the past 3 years.

But 4th-7th would be between chelsea, united, dortmund and juve on the basis of the past 2 seasons overall in all competitions, maybe put city in there because they won the prem in the 11/12 season and got to the fa cup final this year. How would you guys order it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I was making a point in the arsenal thread which I think you guys would like. If we were looking overall(europe and domestically) who would you give 4th-7th place atm? The top 3 atm is pretty obvious, although if you used the 5 year coefficient it'd be barca, bayern and chelsea for obvious reasons, but you'd put madrid over chelsea for the sake of strength and consistency in the league and CL over the past 3 years.

But 4th-7th would be between chelsea, united, dortmund and juve on the basis of the past 2 seasons overall in all competitions, maybe put city in there because they won the prem in the 11/12 season and got to the fa cup final this year. How would you guys order it?

Probably.

Bayern first definitely.

Barcelona, Madrid round up top 3.

Then I would go Chelsea, United, Juve, PSG and Dortmund. in that next tier.

It all kind of depends though on who you sign because if Chelsea sign a striker like Cavani I have them jumping into that same tier as Barcelona and Real.

Then City, Milan, Arsenal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Probably.

Bayern first definitely.

Barcelona, Madrid round up top 3.

Then I would go Chelsea, United, Juve, PSG and Dortmund. in that next tier.

It all kind of depends though on who you sign because if Chelsea sign a striker like Cavani I have them jumping into that same tier as Barcelona and Real.

Then City, Milan, Arsenal
    Speaking of bayern, I'd love to see bayern vs real this season. They were pretty good games 2 seasons ago, real were unlucky to go out but bayern played well too.

I could say the same for united, if they get a top DM/DLP to play with carrick and a winger they'd be at that tier.
    PSG just need to fill the squad a bit more as the squad depth is shocking(although they are doing it slowly and surely but a better LB than maxwell is needed and possibly another CB or two, they surely have the attacking options though with lavezzi, ibra, lucas and gameiro as backup) and dortmund aren't getting out of that tier, if anything I'm more likely to see city and milan reach that tier next season, arsenal the season after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Speaking of bayern, I'd love to see bayern vs real this season. They were pretty good games 2 seasons ago, real were unlucky to go out but bayern played well too.

I could say the same for united, if they get a top DM/DLP to play with carrick and a winger they'd be at that tier.
    PSG just need to fill the squad a bit more as the squad depth is shocking(although they are doing it slowly and surely but a better LB than maxwell is needed and possibly another CB or two, they surely have the attacking options though with lavezzi, ibra, lucas and gameiro as backup) and dortmund aren't getting out of that tier, if anything I'm more likely to see city and milan reach that tier next season, arsenal the season after.
    Dude have you seen apparently PSG want to get Marquinhos as a CB. Talk about CB depth. Silva and Alex veterans then you have Sakho and Marquinhos youngsters :coma:

Can only see Chelsea, United and PSG moving into that tier with Barca and Real. Milan, Arsenal all way away.

United if they signed a DLP or DM would move into that next tier as well.

ReputationRep:
    Went on Twitter and saw "Ronaldo" and "Manchester" trending. Got all excited but it turned out to be a Daily Fail story

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Went on Twitter and saw "Ronaldo" and "Manchester" trending. Got all excited but it turned out to be a Daily Fail story
    Well its some paper named El Pais running the story, who are according to people reliable and not just a random piece of crap like Daily Mail, but still.

This guy basically goes over what it says:

• They basically state that Manchester United are to meet with Ronaldo to tell him they'll give €50m to sign a pre-contract in January 2015.
    • El Pais are also stating that the transfer could happen this summer, but Ronaldo's a bit uncertain about the situation at United
    • The interesting part (to me anyways) is that El Pais state that Ronaldo is gradually getting more and more pissed at Florentino Perez.It's said that Real Madrid called Ronaldo's agent, Jorge Mendes, wanting to negotiate a deal. He said he'd talk to his client and get back. According to El Pais, he never did. Perez then started mouthing off in the media, to which Ronaldo felt very discontent.

And some other things

ReputationRep:
    Thiago drags on FFs!!!

ReputationRep:
    I dont think the thiago deal will be announced until Monday, I think he will be unveiled alongside David Moyes in his first day to take the media pressure off. So i wouldnt worry about not hearing much in the newspapers this week. I also have a sneaking suspicion there will be a few other signings that will come out of nowhere.

ReputationRep:
    But you can always tie up a transfer and then announce it later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brainiac)
    I dont think the thiago deal will be announced until Monday, I think he will be unveiled alongside David Moyes in his first day to take the media pressure off. So i wouldnt worry about not hearing much in the newspapers this week. I also have a sneaking suspicion there will be a few other signings that will come out of nowhere.
    Apparently (not sure if it was established as fact) Moyes isnt having his first press thing until the 5th anyway.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.