Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    **** me this thiago rumours are getting boring.
    Although that ronaldo thing is interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Well its some paper named El Pais running the story, who are according to people reliable and not just a random piece of crap like Daily Mail, but still.

This guy basically goes over what it says:

• They basically state that Manchester United are to meet with Ronaldo to tell him they'll give €50m to sign a pre-contract in January 2015.
    • El Pais are also stating that the transfer could happen this summer, but Ronaldo's a bit uncertain about the situation at United
    • The interesting part (to me anyways) is that El Pais state that Ronaldo is gradually getting more and more pissed at Florentino Perez.It's said that Real Madrid called Ronaldo's agent, Jorge Mendes, wanting to negotiate a deal. He said he'd talk to his client and get back. According to El Pais, he never did. Perez then started mouthing off in the media, to which Ronaldo felt very discontent.

And some other things
    The Independent is reporting the story now.. I hope we get him..he will hand DM the title. Also i want Thiago to get the number 8 shirt..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ledleyking123)
    But you can always tie up a transfer and then announce it later
    I feel for you. If we don't sign him I feel you'll get depressed and if we do you'll get overly excited and hysterical and I don't want to see either of these things. We'll never read the end of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    The Independent is reporting the story now.. I hope we get him..he will hand DM the title. Also i want Thiago to get the number 8 shirt..
    Why 8?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Why 8?
    It just seems like a proper centre midfield number, one that thiago will carry for years to come, Ando doesn't deserve it

ReputationRep:
    Sky Sports on the Ronaldo situation:

David Moyes is set to begin work as Manchester United manager next week against the backdrop of further speculation about a return for former golden boy Cristiano Ronaldo. It has been suggested for weeks now that United believe they can lure Ronaldo back to Old Trafford, where he left in 2009 for Real Madrid in a world record £80million deal. And a report in Spanish newspaper El Pais today claimed a meeting would be taking place between United officials and Ronaldo "in the next few days" to see if there is any likelihood of a transfer being completed. United have not commented on the report.

ReputationRep:
    ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhh come back rooooooooonaldo :'(: #llkjlkrd

ReputationRep:
    So Rene has officially left.

Shame, seemed to be regarded as a top class coach and will no doubt leave us worse off.

Doesnt seem like much could be done though. SAF leaving would have made an impact on what he wanted to do, as well as the fact Moyes is widely known to take a more hands on approach so Rene may have been conflicted a little. Plus the general fact Rene is so widely regarded as a great coach he would have wanted to leave soon anyway imo to generally just climb the ladder in his career. Rumours suggest he is going to Anzhi to be Guus Hiddink's assistant.

So Rene has officially left.

Shame, seemed to be regarded as a top class coach and will no doubt leave us worse off.

Doesnt seem like much could be done though. SAF leaving would have made an impact on what he wanted to do, as well as the fact Moyes is widely known to take a more hands on approach so Rene may have been conflicted a little. Plus the general fact Rene is so widely regarded as a great coach he would have wanted to leave soon anyway imo to generally just climb the ladder in his career. Rumours suggest he is going to Anzhi to be Guus Hiddink's assistant.
      So he has. :argh:

Rene really is regarded so highly and it's such a shame to see him leave too. If you're correct about him going to Anzhi, I'd much rather that than another club in England or indeed a rival club we could meet in the CL. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
      David Moyes officially takes over on Monday ... that's when the fun really starts.

ReputationRep:
      http://www1.skysports.com/watch/vide...-leaves-united

Meulensteens interview with sky sports.

ReputationRep:
      http://www1.skysports.com/watch/vide...-leaves-united

Meulensteens interview with sky sports.
      I really don't know if the idea of changing a lot of things at Manchester united is a good idea.
      It should be in a longer period of time.

New season= New CEO, New Manager, New assistant manager, New goal keeping coach, New players, New Head coach.

I get it if this happened in other club that changes manager, but when this happens to a club that's has stability at its core, it can end up very badly.

More into the Rene situation, I don't understand how a person with so much experience into coaching a Premier league winning side be let go?! I mean, who are you going to bring to replace him, who ever you are going to bring is SURELY less impact to the team? It can only go down hill in terms of that Phill Neville?

People say that Phil should be given a chance but I don't get the logic. He has JUST retired playing football and Just got his coaching badges-he should not be a assistant/Head coach of a team like Utd in his first season. Maybe go to wigan first to get some experience and if he does good-bring him back to utd-I agree with this.
      But he just cannot have that much responsibility, he does not know HOW to coach a Premier league team like Rene did. Its so infuriating what is happening in terms of staff changes.

If it works, then all credit to him-but if does not then I told you so.

ReputationRep:
      Real Madrid president Florentino Perez has made aware Ancelotti that he will try to sign Wayne Rooney</p>&mdash; Tancredi Palmeri (@tancredipalmeri)

ReputationRep:
      Sad to see Rene go and I would have liked him to stay but Moyes is still a manager who does work on the training ground and I guess Rene is a very adept coach so Moyes probably wants it to do his way. But his coaching staff have to step it up. Rene, Phelan worked well to keep the players fresh on the training pitch so the new boys have to hit the ground running otherwise the players, naturally, might yearn for the old days of Rene and co.

Rooney to Real? Ancelotti seems a fan but it kinda would be the signing similiar to when Real bought Owen; a signing Galactico just for the sake of it rather than any real planning. I've never seen Rooney as a Madrid/Barcelona player at all. Maybe in his earlier days, he would have fit the mould as an exciting player but atm, he's better off with us. Unless he wants to go.

ReputationRep:
      If Manchester United successfully get Strootman, Thaigo and Ronaldo (which would be AMAZING)
      How would we able to play them together along with the players we have ?
      ...................De gea
      Rafeal.....Vidic....Ferdiand.... .Evra
      ........Strootman.....Carrick
      ...Valencia....Kagwa....Ronaldo
      .....................RVP

Would we just have to play Thaigo instead of Carrick ?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by manu01)
      If Manchester United successfully get Strootman, Thaigo and Ronaldo (which would be AMAZING)
      .....................RVP

There's no way we'll get all 3 :laugh: It'll either be Strootman OR Thiago, we already have Cleverley, Anderson and Fletcher when he returns as CM cover so we only need 1. Ronaldo is a LOOOOOONG shot as well, as much as we can dream... :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      We would play Thiago in Strootmans place you silly sausage. Carrick + Thiago would be our best pairing even if evil RvP came

.....................RVP

I would imagine it would either be Thiago playing where Strootman is in your diagram and Strootman rotating with and eventually replacing Carrick:

_________Thiago Carrick (Strootman)
        Kagawa

Or, Thiago playing where you've put Kagawa with Strootman and Carrick behind him.

Strootman Carrick
        Thiago

Or Moyes using both and maybe other variations as and when necessary, which might be the likeliest scenario. :p:

ReputationRep:
        Assuming the Thiago deal goes through ...

------------------De Gea----------------
        ---Rafael----Evans----Vidic----Evra---
        ------------------Carrick----------------
        ------------Thiago-----Kagawa---------
        ------------------Rooney---------------
        ----------Hernández----Van Persie-----

That's a pretty unstoppable team.

ReputationRep:
        In other news, it never ceases to amaze me how one of the largest companies in all of sports, which is what we are now, can continually make a total pigs ear of its day to day administration. Our good friends over at Ticketing & Membership Services have managed to royally screw up the very first game of the season by allocating the two main price bands to the wrong people. Those who applied for tier 1 (£35) have ended up in tier 3 for the same price whilst the people who went for the cheaper (£25) tickets have been given the better seats in tier 1 for the lower price. So now the people in the worse seats are actually paying £10 more for their tickets ... there's a barrage of complaints coming their way already and the season doesn't start for another six weeks!

The phrase piss-up in a brewery springs to mind, United.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.