Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Cheers

ReputationRep:
    It's quite clear what the club's position is, and that is that Wayne Rooney is not for sale. What is unknown is the player's position. David Moyes clearly dodged the question several times and failed to give a yes or no answer about Wayne Rooney. We need to know 1) Did he hand in an official transfer request and 2) Does he want to stay at the club or leave the club. Stay or Leave, one word answer. I don't blame Moyes, he doesn't have the answer...

...The danger is this saga just drags on. Swap Rooney and 12M for Fabregas and Thiago Alcantara and be done with it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eboracum)
    Swap Rooney and 12M for Fabregas and Thiago Alcantara and be done with it.
    There is no way Barca would let both of their key back up CM's go in one transfer.

ReputationRep:
    It's quite clear what the club's position is, and that is that Wayne Rooney is not for sale. What is unknown is the player's position. David Moyes clearly dodged the question several times and failed to give a yes or no answer about Wayne Rooney. We need to know 1) Did he hand in an official transfer request and 2) Does he want to stay at the club or leave the club. Stay or Leave, one word answer. I don't blame Moyes, he doesn't have the answer...

...The danger is this saga just drags on. Swap Rooney and 12M for Fabregas and Thiago Alcantara and be done with it.
    Thiago and Song would be better..Song is what we need atm.. Would be perfect

ReputationRep:
    Quick little MUTV interview from after the press conference. He mentions his respect for other clubs and their contracted players so we'll just have to wait for more Thiago news.

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Fe...ers&qsut=www10

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Something tells me we won't lose two future CM's in one transfer window. Want Iniesta thrown in there as well?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    There's a better chance of us being relegated next season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    There's a better chance of us being relegated next season.
    what would have to happen for united to get relegated?

Moyes falls out with everyone and gets sacked..
    Rooney gets fat and refuses to play..
    RVP is attacked by arsenal fans and can no longer play..
    Kagawa is depressed because de gea has a new spanish friend..
    thiago turns out to be a small chineese women in disguise..
    Gigs plays at CM every match.. (partnering jones..)
    jones donates his face to science, to try and word out how he manages those expressions..
    hernandez becomes even more likeable and turns into a puppy...

And even then, id pit united to finish above liverpool....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    what would have to happen for united to get relegated?

Moyes falls out with everyone and gets sacked..
    Rooney gets fat and refuses to play..
    RVP is attacked by arsenal fans and can no longer play..
    Kagawa is depressed because de gea has a new spanish friend..
    thiago turns out to be a small chineese women in disguise..
    Gigs plays at CM every match.. (partnering jones..)
    jones donates his face to science, to try and word out how he manages those expressions..
    hernandez becomes even more likeable and turns into a puppy...

And even then, id pit united to finish above liverpool....
    :rofl:

Giggs and Jones would make a great midfield pairing!

ReputationRep:

Would be a ridiculously good deal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Would be a ridiculously good deal
    Don't think its happening

ReputationRep:
    Swap Rooney and 12M for Fabregas and Thiago Alcantara and be done with it.
    Yeahhh.

And Titus Bramble is a cert for the golden boot this season.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If we only signed Thiago this Summer, I'd be more than happy (as long as there are no major departures). Looks like Kagawa will be a regular on the left, which I don't mind. Brings variety to our wing play.

ReputationRep:
    I hope moyes has spotted how weak we are and sorts out the midfield. We simply cannot start the same Mids again this season, we won't cope with Chelsea and city

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ledleyking123)
    I hope moyes has spotted how weak we are and sorts out the midfield. We simply cannot start the same Mids again this season, we won't cope with Chelsea and city
    He spotted how weak our midfield is when Fellaini destroyed us last season:unimpressed:

Also, can anyone translate?
    Name:  1373066569365.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  115.0 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Squirb)
    He spotted how weak our midfield is when Fellaini destroyed us last season:unimpressed:

Also, can anyone translate?
    Name:  1373066569365.jpg
Views: 160
Size:  115.0 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile
    .. In agreement with manchester, thiago has decided to leave barcelona to join united for 5 seasons. The deal should take place next week but some minor issues need to be resolved. Something like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Assassin)
    .. In agreement with manchester, thiago has decided to leave barcelona to join united for 5 seasons. The deal should take place next week but some minor issues need to be resolved. Something like that.
    Cheers, I would have typed it into a translator but I'm on my phone

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    If we only signed Thiago this Summer, I'd be more than happy (as long as there are no major departures). Looks like Kagawa will be a regular on the left, which I don't mind. Brings variety to our wing play.
    I will not be happy with Kagawa always on the left to be honest, he plays best in the centre and was a world class CAM with BVB, I think it will matter whether the opposition demands a CAM or a SS, because I can't think of any SS strikers better than Rooney, the thing is against world class opposition playing with a SS makes our midfield look very weak and the 4-4-1-1 is not going to work in CL or even against City/Chelsea, this is the reason why I wasn't against Rooney leaving as although world class as a SS, he just isn't what we need now in my opinion, RVP coming changed the whole plan as it was supposed to be Kagawa behind Rooney but RVP is a better no9 than Rooney and with Hernandez and Welbeck we have 5 players for 2 positions up front in a sense, one was bound to get unhappy.

ReputationRep:
    Thiago deal looks done, great business being done early. Wonder where he'd fit. Playing right next to carrick I'm guessing. What does this mean for cleverley anyway or will he just play wherever and whenever he can?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH1')
    Yeah i would say whenever and wherever he can. Think we'll sell Anderson so he should get enough game time, if he stays fit. Thiago seems best in the midfield 2 with Carrick from what i've seen, and we have enough options further forward.
    Oh yeah, and darren fletcher. If he comes back I reckon he'd be a pretty good bit part player for you guys to have.
    If he got to his best there wouldn't be a giant need for a work hard tackler in midfield and he'd be there for you to close down games.

Yeah anderson will probably leave. Shame really could have been a starter if he could keep fit and not get injured all the time.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.