Does anyone else see the irony of the sepia effect on the photo

Posted from TSR Mobilek

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shomberlon)
    Does anyone else see the irony of the sepia effect on the photo

Posted from TSR Mobilek
    Haha, I do

ReputationRep:
    Happy new year lads! Been a great year to follow United, lots of ups and downs as always but this club has allowed me to spend so many great times with so many great people in 2012. Always meeting new reds, always having fun wherever we play. Nothing on Earth like being a red!!

Let's do some 2012 year in review awards! I'll post my picks, anyone else who wants to can follow along with the template.

2012 Match of the Year: Reading 3-4 Manchester United

2012 Moment of the Year: Beating Liverpool 2-1 to end the Evra/Suarez saga

2012 Player of the Year: Michael Carrick

2012 Young Player of the Year: Davide Petrucci

2012 Signing of the Year: Robin Van Persie

2012 Goal of the Year: Robin Van Persie vs CFR 1907 Cluj

2012 Song/Chant of the Year: Kicking A Blue

2012 Stupidity of the Year: MUFC announce Mamee as the clubs Official Noodle Partner

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    Happy new year lads! Been a great year to follow United, lots of ups and downs as always but this club has allowed me to spend so many great times with so many great people in 2012. Always meeting new reds, always having fun wherever we play. Nothing on Earth like being a red!!

Let's do some 2012 year in review awards! I'll post my picks, anyone else who wants to can follow along with the template.

2012 Match of the Year: Reading 3-4 Manchester United

2012 Moment of the Year: Beating Liverpool 2-1 to end the Evra/Suarez saga

2012 Stupidity of the Year: MUFC announce Mamee as the clubs Official Noodle Partner
    2012 Match of the Year: Man City 2-3 Manchester United (PL)

2012 Moment of the Year: Van Persie's last minute winner in the derby.

2012 Player of the Year: Antonio Valencia

2012 Goal of the Year: Antonio Valencia vs Blackburn Rovers

2012 Stupidity of the Year: SAF saying RVP could have died at the Liberty Stadium after Ashley Williams kick.

Not sure about the best goal, but in terms of importance and how it was fairly late. And the United-City was classic, purely because we scored so late, and it had to be RVP- the new boy, his first derby, the player who chose football over money and snubbed city, not to mention us ending their 3-year unbeaten home run.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cheetahs56)
    Not sure about the best goal, but in terms of importance and how it was fairly late. And the United-City was classic, purely because we scored so late, and it had to be RVP- the new boy, his first derby, the player who chose football over money and snubbed city, not to mention us ending their 3-year unbeaten home run.
    You do realise that RVP is on nearly £250k a week?

ReputationRep:
    2012 Match of the Year: Chelsea 5-4 Man Utd- a defeat but a very good game of football and was only a last minute mistake that in normal time that effectively caused us to lose.

2012 Moment of the Year: Beating City in the 3rd round of the cup.

2012 Young Player of the Year: -- (Not followed enough of the reserves or academy to make a fair choice)

2012 Song/Chant of the Year: None really spring to mind other than the usual to be honest.

2012 Stupidity of the Year: RVP's death at Swansea

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Who says? The actual figure is probably closer to £180k week which Rooney is on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    He's on £200k, City offered £250,000 a week, not to mention huge goal/MOM bonuses and a large fee for his agent. He came to us to play football- to be part of a massive team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    2012 Match of the Year: Chelsea 5-4 Man Utd- a defeat but a very good game of football and was only a last minute mistake that in normal time that effectively caused us to lose.

2012 Moment of the Year: Beating City in the 3rd round of the cup.

2012 Young Player of the Year: -- (Not followed enough of the reserves or academy to make a fair choice)

2012 Song/Chant of the Year: None really spring to mind other than the usual to be honest.

2012 Stupidity of the Year: RVP's death at Swansea
    LOL RVP's death!! Happy new year guys!!

ReputationRep:
    LOL RVP's death!! Happy new year guys!!
    I'm sure you'd agree. It was quite stupid.

Happy New Year guys.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you'd agree. It was quite stupid.

Happy New Year guys.
    Haha yeah I put it as my 2012 Stupidity as well a few above yours

ReputationRep:
    Haha yeah I put it as my 2012 Stupidity as well a few above yours
    So I see.

Which City 2-3 United score did you mean? League or cup?

ReputationRep:
    So I see.

Which City 2-3 United score did you mean? League or cup?
    Meant league- thought it was better as it is more significant, we ended their unbeaten run and scored in last minute, also City took some of the shine off the Cup by coming from 3-0 to pull it back, and they were 10 men.

ReputationRep:
    Thread marked as watched...HAPPY NEW YEAR!

Happy New Year guys, good luck with your title-charge.

ReputationRep:
      Woo new thread!
      HNY everyone.

Why are people saying RvP's 'death' was stupid? The comment did what Fergie wanted it to do and took the attention and scrutiny away from the players that day, no?

I agree with a couple of the previous posts with regards to today's match against Wigan - The Rise of The Kag is imminent.

ReputationRep:
      I would really like to see Kag behind Hernandez, its got a bit of potential I'd like to see if that could be another option.

Some obligatory Opta stats.

9 - Wigan Athletic have failed to score in nine of the last 11 league games against Manchester United. Barren.
      4 - Javier Hernandez has scored four goals in five Premier League appearances against Wigan. Cheeky.
      So long as Hernandez plays we'll be okay

I like Wigan as a team though, escapologists every year, play a ballsy style and I think Martinez is quite underrated. He's done well with not much, and his transfer history is quite impressive, a lot of hits not many misses money wise (Boselli only one I can think of).

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mo-Amin)
      Woo new thread!
      HNY everyone.

Why are people saying RvP's 'death' was stupid? The comment did what Fergie wanted it to do and took the attention and scrutiny away from the players that day, no?

I agree with a couple of the previous posts with regards to today's match against Wigan - The Rise of The Kag is imminent.
      Oh as much as it did what it intended to, was still a very stupid comment.

ReputationRep:
      It's no wonder Hernandez scores a lot v Wigan, they play a really high line. As for last season's defeat to them, they comprehensively outplayed us that day, we didn't look like scoring at any point and they didn't necessarily bully us physically or anything (though Moses and Di Santo were quite a handful). It was a really strange match, I think their 3-5-2 caught us by surprise and we actually had to adapt to their system - I can't remember the last time we've done that against a 'small' side. Valencia and Young (I think) were both occupied with their wing-backs and spent most of the first half tracking back rather than going forward, whilst Rooney didn't have his best game. We probably lacked something centrally on that day, I recall we looked a bit better when Cleverley came on, so Kagawa could be useful today.

Oh, and Happy New Year!

(Original post by Mastermind`)
        It's no wonder Hernandez scores a lot v Wigan, they play a really high line. As for last season's defeat to them, they comprehensively outplayed us that day, we didn't look like scoring at any point and they didn't necessarily bully us physically or anything (though Moses and Di Santo were quite a handful). It was a really strange match, I think their 3-5-2 caught us by surprise and we actually had to adapt to their system - I can't remember the last time we've done that against a 'small' side. Valencia and Young (I think) were both occupied with their wing-backs and spent most of the first half tracking back rather than going forward, whilst Rooney didn't have his best game. We probably lacked something centrally on that day, I recall we looked a bit better when Cleverley came on, so Kagawa could be useful today.

Oh, and Happy New Year!
        I think Martinez tends to get his sides spot on structurally. He certainly did so at the Emirates earlier this season, and it was only because of individual weaknesses that we were on top - and even then we were lucky to come away with three points, I felt.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.