Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Win v Spurs would be great, 7 out of the 8 games after that are all teams 11th and below, Everton the other.

ReputationRep:
    I suspect we'll see Jones, Giggs, Scholes all return for the West Ham game. Maybe Rooney and Nani too. We also have Ando back. Should get a strong team out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Win v Spurs would be great, 7 out of the 8 games after that are all teams 11th and below, Everton the other.
    City's next 8 include Everton, Liverpool and Chelsea, so the gap could be 10+ points by the derby...would be epic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    I'd like to see Fergie push Welbeck in to a box to box midfielder. Bulk the lad up a bit and you've got the next Yaya Toure.
    Might be best, given he can't finish. But I'm not sure he'll ever be good enough in any position.

(Original post by Shomberlon)
    Watching Barca role about and feign injury against Malaga of all teams reminds me of why they aren't the best team in the world let alone of all time.
    Who is then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Might be best, given he can't finish. But I'm not sure he'll ever be good enough in any position.

Who is then?
    Tbh I'm not sure as I don't really watch enough European football. Don't get me wrong Barca are a good team however all there dirty tricks and and play acting automatically removes them from the best ever title, this if course is just my opinion. There are many games they should/would have lost had it not been for dirty tactics and more than a little help from the ref (both legs of the Chelsea champions league tie a few years ago and the sending off of RVP against Arsenal are a few things that spring to mind)

Posted from TSR Mobilek

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about anyone else but I'm really enjoying having Evra back so to speak. He's been look a lot more like his old self, not quite at the same levels but at his age I'll give the guy a break.

ReputationRep:
    Seems to have a bit more drive, seen by his scoring/assist record this season. Maybe it's the rumours about him moving, or Ashley cole, whatever it is, for me he is still one if the best in the world and we don't need a replacement (yet).

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Love Rafael and Evra in these big games, they play like fans, especially the former. They seem to be genuinely up for it. We should be patient with Welbeck, he's still only 22 and I do think his all-round game will eventually make him a very good forward once he learns how to finish. We're certainly nowhere near the stage where we should be contemplating a change of position or selling. Second half we were a bit rubbish but first half we were very good at pressing them high and he was at the forefront of it. He nearly offers us the whole package, but a lot of people will judge him on the number of goals he scores rather than the link-up play, the defensive work, his ability to stretch defences, etc. At least SAF realises what he has to offer in games like today.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I'm not sure as I don't really watch enough European football. Don't get me wrong Barca are a good team however all there dirty tricks and and play acting automatically removes them from the best ever title, this if course is just my opinion. There are many games they should/would have lost had it not been for dirty tactics and more than a little help from the ref (both legs of the Chelsea champions league tie a few years ago and the sending off of RVP against Arsenal are a few things that spring to mind)

Posted from TSR Mobilek
    I'm a chelsea fan and what you're saying is bull****.
    Yes barca cheated us. But that was one leg, the other leg a 0-0 draw we were dominated like masochists. They got a player unfairly sent off in the 1-1 but eitherway we should have won the game were it not for the ref, not because of the players.

Yes they got lucky in the inter match and busquetts got motta off the pitch, but they lost fair and square. They beat arsenal controversially, but they didn't get RVP sent off. The ref did.

Against chelsea last season, they were being *****, but so were we, because of the bad blood from our previous games(rikjaard talking to the ref at half time, the 4 pens not given etc.) it gets pretty heated up, it's not the level of a liverpool united match but we don't like each other.

Also if you don't watch european football and can't suggest a better team than barca, then don't make an unfounded claim about them not being the best team in europe then. Cheese ****ing louise, dropped 2 points the whole season.

Only contenders are madrid, united and bayern, Madrid are doing **** in the league so they're out of the running. United's last 2 matches vs barca have been domination by barca and bayern flatter to deceive, no bottle in the key moments. How they didn't get a treble last season was beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I'm a chelsea fan and what you're saying is bull****.
    Yes barca cheated us. But that was one leg, the other leg a 0-0 draw we were dominated like masochists. They got a player unfairly sent off in the 1-1 but eitherway we should have won the game were it not for the ref, not because of the players.

Yes they got lucky in the inter match and busquetts got motta off the pitch, but they lost fair and square. They beat arsenal controversially, but they didn't get RVP sent off. The ref did.

Against chelsea last season, they were being *****, but so were we, because of the bad blood from our previous games(rikjaard talking to the ref at half time, the 4 pens not given etc.) it gets pretty heated up, it's not the level of a liverpool united match but we don't like each other.

Also if you don't watch european football and can't suggest a better team than barca, then don't make an unfounded claim about them not being the best team in europe then. Cheese ****ing louise, dropped 2 points the whole season.

Only contenders are madrid, united and bayern, Madrid are doing **** in the league so they're out of the running. United's last 2 matches vs barca have been domination by barca and bayern flatter to deceive, no bottle in the key moments. How they didn't get a treble last season was beyond me.
    I'll be honest and say I didn't bother reading your post on the basis of your opening line and me saying that's my personal opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobilek

ReputationRep:
    I'll be honest and say I didn't bother reading your post on the basis of your opening line and me saying that's my personal opinion.

Posted from TSR Mobilek
    It's my personal opinion=I'm entitled to make an illogical-bull**** statement without any form of evidence to suggest it's logical or to back up the statement.

If you can tell me a team with a better points tally than barca this season at those amount of games, then maybe I could think you have a point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    It's my personal opinion=I'm entitled to make an illogical-bull**** statement without any form of evidence to suggest it's logical or to back up the statement.

If you can tell me a team with a better points tally than barca this season at those amount of games, then maybe I could think you have a point.
    I would have been happy to discuss the arguments of the subject. However since you seem to lack any real ability to have a civil discussion and resort to Jeremy Kyle type of arguments by insults, swearing, and generally thinking if your more aggressive you must be default be right, especially over something as trivial as who's the best team in the world.

Posted from TSR Mobilek

ReputationRep:
    I would have been happy to discuss the arguments of the subject. However since you seem to lack any real ability to have a civil discussion and resort to Jeremy Kyle type of arguments by insults, swearing, and generally thinking if your more aggressive you must be default be right, especially over something as trivial as who's the best team in the world.

Posted from TSR Mobilek
    I'd be very interested to see who you think the best team in the world is if it isn't Barcelona.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobilek
    Are you saying all the Barca players cheat/use dirty tricks/play act? And do you think they pay off the refs or something?

Also - care to list a couple of teams that you think are fair/clean? Just trying to understand your criteria.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobilek
    You said you don't know what the best team in the world is. Yet can say that it's not barcelona because the players dive, even though I see madrid players diving(do we need to say who?), chelsea players diving(drogba and torres e.g.), united players diving(welbeck and young). I may be coming across as a ****, but tbh if you can't back up your statement properly, but can make a statement that many people would disagree with, people will not take you seriously.

Sorry if I sound like a ****. But if you can back up your statement properly(that there's a better team than barcelona in the world at the moment) then I'll listen to you and take it into consideration. :beard:

ReputationRep:
    Best team simply means they are the best performance wise it doesn't say anything about honest play or etiquette.

In tennis Federer doesn't have the best on court behaviour, Schumacher certainly not, Woods again. It doesn't take away from their ability.

I agree Barca are certainly not the most admirable team, and I can't understand for the life of me why the manager accepts it from certain players, and it is only certain players.

ReputationRep:
    http://chevrolet-manutd-360fanpic.ta.../app/index.php

360 degree pic of Liverpool game

ReputationRep:
    Weekly dose of Van Persie smugness

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21011792

"Crisitano Ronaldo wants to see out his Real Madrid contract."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by qasidb)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21011792

"Crisitano Ronaldo wants to see out his Real Madrid contract."

Rather we get him for free than pay £30 million with 12 months left on his contract

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.