Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    http://www.nononsensefootball.com/wi...yer-this-week/
    no nonsense reporting that the deal will happen THIS week... their pretty reliable
    They also say we may buy Ronaldo, Thiago is most likely not going to be playing for us this season as no concrete news has been reported and the papers have contradicted them selves many times when they have been proved wrong.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    They also say we may buy Ronaldo, Thiago is most likely not going to be playing for us this season as no concrete news has been reported and the papers have contradicted them selves many times when they have been proved wrong.
    what about top journo's like graham hunter, guillem balague and tancredi palmeri all reporting that there have been contract discussions between UTD and thiago and his dad. We are after him..

ReputationRep:
    We are clearly after Thiago and he's clearly seriously thinking about leaving Barca. Transfers take time, Moyes has only just started his job and Thiago has only just got back from holiday. Sure the papers are full of nonsense and contradictions, thats always going to be the case.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    http://www.nononsensefootball.com/wi...yer-this-week/
    no nonsense reporting that the deal will happen THIS week... their pretty reliable
    Swear down someone 'reliable' had been reporting that "he'll sigh this week" for the past three week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    Swear down someone 'reliable' had been reporting that "he'll sigh this week" for the past three week.
    Yeah. I heard a lot of 'reliable' sources saying Thiago was going to be signed by the 5th of July. We haven't even made a formal offer, pfft.

ReputationRep:
    We don't need to make an formal offer. Once we activate his release clause (€18m) there is NOTHING Barca can do to stop him leaving but we'll only do that once contractual issues are sorted - that's the delay

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    What do people think of our spending budget post Fergie, do you think it'll increase, I know year by year post glazer takeover with the debt decreasing and increasing revenues we have increased our spending, but don't some of you guys think Moyes might need a bigger budget to carry on the success Fergie delivered, obviously not this season but when this current crop dies out.
    If you look at how the top 5 clubs in revenue,Bayern have a net spend of £210 million since 2006 not including this seasons signings of Gotze and more to come, Barca have spent £228 million not including Neymar and possibly a CB for this transfer window, and Madrids net spending being £409 million not including Isco and others of this window, Chelsea have net spent £233 not including Schurrle and Marko Van Ginkel of this window and maybe many more, we United have net spent a mere £88 million obviously not including our £1.5million signing this window, with so many clubs like Villa, Liverpool, PSG, Monaco, City etc... have spent a lot more than us. If we carry on net-spending only about a third compared to BM, Barca, RM and Chelsea without Fergie we will not sustain our 3rd spot in revenue and be competitive on the pitch, I absolutely hate how tight the Glazers have made us in the transfer market not allowing us to buy/compete with WC established players unless they've a year left on their contract, but with Fergie gone do you think Moyes maybe allowed to spend a bit more, for example if Vidal wanted to come united do you see him being brought for about £35 mil or Ronaldo/Bale for about £60 mil.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    Yeah. I heard a lot of 'reliable' sources saying Thiago was going to be signed by the 5th of July. We haven't even made a formal offer, pfft.
    Dont need to make offers, it is a release clause. Just know that it'll be done by the end of the month, one way or another if he stays or comes

ReputationRep:
    Then you dont understand who is reliable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Then you dont understand who is reliable.
    To be honest, I only listen to SkySports. I couldn't give two craps about what some guy in Barcelona is saying about Thiago etc.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I only listen to SkySports. I couldn't give two craps about what some guy in Barcelona is saying about Thiago etc.
    Graham hunter works for sky and he reported through his twitter that we have sorted or sorting a contract. The guy is very reliable...if you only believed what the SSN posted then we haven't made contact over thiago

ReputationRep:
    Aber wir haben ja die "Wahl"..

ReputationRep:
    https://twitter.com/ManUtd

We now have a proper twitter account.. aren't we lucky.

ReputationRep:
    David moyes on talk sport.

Also, I think Man utd will announce something big to get the twitter followers going...

ReputationRep:
    Sky sports:

Moyes offered no further updates on possible additions to his squad such as Leighton Baines or Thiago Alcantara, but has told fans not to worry.

Don't be kidded by the lack of activity. Take it from me, we are working hard behind the scenes to try and improve the squad. The big thing is that Manchester United will always be in for the best players in the world.

ReputationRep:
    Tour Squad

Goalkeepers: Anders Lindegaard, Ben Amos
    Defenders: Rafael, Phil Jones, Rio Ferdinand, Jonny Evans, Patrice Evra, Alex Büttner, Fabio, Michael Keane
    Midfielders: Michael Carrick, Anderson, Tom Cleverley, Ryan Giggs, Wilfried Zaha, Jesse Lingard, Adnan Januzaj
    Strikers: Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck

Robin van Persie and David De Gea will join the squad in Sydney, while Moyes confirmed last week that Shinji Kagawa will fly out for the Japan leg of the trip. Javier Hernandez will miss the trip as he completes his holiday after only recently completing international duties for Mexico.

Smalling, Young, Nani, Powell all not in for injury type reasons i believe.

Vidic, Valencia, Henriquez, Varela i'm not entirely sure on the reasons for not being included, Vidic especially.

ReputationRep:
    Tour Squad

Goalkeepers: Anders Lindegaard, Ben Amos
    Defenders: Rafael, Phil Jones, Rio Ferdinand, Jonny Evans, Patrice Evra, Alex Büttner, Fabio, Michael Keane
    Midfielders: Michael Carrick, Anderson, Tom Cleverley, Ryan Giggs, Wilfried Zaha, Jesse Lingard, Adnan Januzaj
    Strikers: Wayne Rooney, Danny Welbeck

Robin van Persie and David De Gea will join the squad in Sydney, while Moyes confirmed last week that Shinji Kagawa will fly out for the Japan leg of the trip. Javier Hernandez will miss the trip as he completes his holiday after only recently completing international duties for Mexico.

Smalling, Young, Nani, Powell all not in for injury type reasons i believe.

Vidic, Valencia, Henriquez, Varela i'm not entirely sure on the reasons for not being included, Vidic especially.
    So Hernandez won't participate in any part of the tour?

ReputationRep:
    Article thats relevant to the whole Thiago buyout situation

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...uts/index.html

Such as...

Now most clubs are saying: this is the buyout clause, sure, but if you make a hostile bid, a bid that we do not welcome, we will force you to apply the clause legally. And when you apply the law legally, that is a different issue. When you apply the law legally, it is a different price.

That means one of two things, both of which increase the price. Firstly, it can mean adding the VAT at 18 percent. In the past, clubs have agreed to include VAT in the invoice for a player's transfer (which of course can be claimed back from the state). Now, if the bid is hostile, they will not. In other words, the buying club will have to pay the clause plus the 18 percent.

The other option is for a club to simply refuse to sell -- until, that is, it is forced to. That's where the legal buyout clause kicks in, Decreto Real 1006/1985. But that decree is exactly what it says it is: a buyout clause. A player (not the club) deposits the money, the value of the buyout clause, at the Spanish league and unilaterally breaks his contract. That money, of course, would be given to him by the buying club in order to buy himself out. The problem is that as soon as that money hits his account it counts as income -- even if it is then deposited elsewhere.

The other factor that's significant is that the buyout clause is a Spanish agreement. When it comes to international transfers -- to bids from aboard like the one supposedly from Chelsea -- it is irrelevant. Except as a symbolic price, a reference point from which you can negotiate.

Relates to the rumours of us trying to do it in a friendlier way, treating it as a normal transfer, and paying Barcelona a bit more than the buyout clause.
    (Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU)
    So Hernandez won't participate in any part of the tour?
    Seems to be..

ReputationRep:

Henriquez and Varela have been at the U20 World Cup in Turkey, Chile only got knocked out on Sunday and Uruguay play their semi against Iraq this evening. I imagine they are being given some time off too recuperate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    Henriquez and Varela have been at the U20 World Cup in Turkey, Chile only got knocked out on Sunday and Uruguay play their semi against Iraq this evening. I imagine they are being given some time off too recuperate.
    Trruuuueeee good point.

Turns out Vidic missing "due to sciatica"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.