Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I hope the official @ManUtd twitter account doesn't become farcical like the Facebook page. With the club claiming to have 330m fans worldwide they have to be aiming to eventually be the most followed account since the current record is only about 41m. Our biggest challenge is to knock Justin Bieber right off his ****ing perch ... and you can print that!

It's about time they got a twitter presence, the majority of big brands have them now and United are late to the party. I figured they'd be on for this new season after using the #Champions2013 hashtag on the scoreboards when we won the title, the #thankyousiralex thing on the parade bus and using the press office account to tweet after Alex's retirement. I just hope they don't become annoying with it.

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Moysie with his belt unbuckled. Wonder what he's asking.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Spoiler:
    Show

Moysie with his belt unbuckled. Wonder what he's asking.
    "Where's Vidic?"
    "I don't know, you didn't ask him to come"
    "****, I knew I forgot someone"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU)
    So Hernandez won't participate in any part of the tour?
    He's playing in the Gold Cup for potentially all of July. Never seems to have a rest, that guy.

ReputationRep:
    Here is a Link to a site where it talks about release clauses and is in context of Thiago and general clauses-instead of Aguero's clause at Athletico.

http://www.trulyreds.com/20130710/wh...o-complicated/

ReputationRep:
    Have people seen this from United's Twitter page:-

:lolwut::rofl2:

ReputationRep:
    Vidic not being on the tour - hmmm, I assume he'll be doing some recooperation or strength conditioning work ahead of the season.

Amazed it's only now that Manchester United have a Twitter account - almost every sporting institution has a Twitter account. It might have been, possibly, down to SAF. He wasn't keen on Twitter anyway with his players but allowed them to minus them revealing any major details (which has been adhered to quite well).

Finally, Ramadhan Mubarak to all of my fellow Muslim United fans! I'm glad fasting will finish prior to the season, always gotta watch football with some food and fluids involved!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Vidic not being on the tour - hmmm, I assume he'll be doing some recooperation or strength conditioning work ahead of the season.

Amazed it's only now that Manchester United have a Twitter account - almost every sporting institution has a Twitter account. It might have been, possibly, down to SAF. He wasn't keen on Twitter anyway with his players but allowed them to minus them revealing any major details (which has been adhered to quite well).

Finally, Ramadhan Mubarak to all of my fellow Muslim United fans! I'm glad fasting will finish prior to the season, always gotta watch football with some food and fluids involved!
    Ramadhan Mubarak buddy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    He's playing in the Gold Cup for potentially all of July. Never seems to have a rest, that guy.
    Nah he isn't playing in Gold Cup apparently, just a longer rest. Mexico sending/sent a 'B team

(Original post by Aky786UK)

Vidic is out due to whatever 'sciatica' is . Looked it up and it seems like it can be quite bad...

We hired a new head of media guy not too long ago. I imagine he is a big reason for some of the changes
    Today’s launches mark the next phase in the enhancement of the club’s digital media offering, with further new products and platforms to be announced later this summer.
    So hopefully we see other improvements, such as the website.

Fergie quote on Twitter
    I don't understand it, to be honest with you. I don't have the time to do it. There are a million things you can do with your life other than that. Go to a library and read a book. I'm serious. What a waste of time.
    I can't imagine Fergie stopped it, but i imagine if SAF told the club to create one, they would have find a way to do it asap, but given the above.. he wouldnt have said that.

Strangely,,a twitter statistics website claims the account is over a year old but i imagine that is true and it was simply a matter of United taking that handle over from someone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH1')
    @barcastuff 10m
    Barcelona midfielder Thiago has decided to join Bayern Munich. The player would have closed a personal deal with the German club. [cope]

Gutted if that's true.
    BS. He's been banging on about playing time and he'd join a team that has Schwein, Martinez, Gustavo, Kroos, Gotze :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a stupid move by him if it is true. He has better and more experienced players at their absolute peak in front of him than there would be at United.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH1')

He'd easily get more game time at United. Maybe Pep was a massive factor in the decision.
    If that is true then it means I am going to have to suffer another team playing ****ing Pep ball :sigh:

I assume that would mean Kroos playing at the tip of the diamond. Ribery / Robben on the wings and Gotze as a false 9. ****ing hell I hate Guardiola's tactical vision so much.

Kill me now.

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure barcastuff were adamant that Thiago would be joining United a few weeks ago too. Bare with me as I scroll down their twitter page and Ctrl+F my way to a tweet.

ReputationRep:
    Neuer; Lahm, Martinez, Dante, Alaba; Schwein, Thiago; Robben, Kroos, Ribery; Gotze

Dat team though :coma:

GL Europe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DH1')
    Nah Barcastuff isn't the actual source. Cope (Spanish radio station) is.
    Ehhh. More likely to come to United than Bayern imho. Even more likely to stay put.

(Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Neuer; Lahm, Martinez, Dante, Alaba; Schwein, Thiago; Robben, Kroos, Ribery; Gotze

Dat team though :coma:

GL Europe
    Muller and Shaqiri on the bench :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Pretty sure barcastuff were adamant that Thiago would be joining United a few weeks ago too. Bare with me as I scroll down their twitter page and Ctrl+F my way to a tweet.
    Barcastuff just tweet secondary sources, their source on this is cope (I have no idea what cope is).

Don't believe this because of how stacked Bayern are, he will either join us or stay at Barca.

ReputationRep:
    if he goes to Bayern he just won't have game time, is he serious? When theyve just got Goetze too? come on, Man Utd is the ONLY big club with a free place in midfield. his decision, but it'd be a really unwise one

ReputationRep:
    If this is true than gametime wasnt as serious a factor as it was always said to be. Would be a very odd decision.

ReputationRep:
    Graham Hunter ‏@BumperGraham 3m
    #Thiago & his father #Mazinho wanted a clause in any new contract stating that if he didn't play x% of minutes he could leave for set price

Graham Hunter ‏@BumperGraham 4m
    #Guardiola did phone #Thiago a few weeks ago, tempting him. But #United, as a club, put a great deal of effort into persuading Thiago

Graham Hunter ‏@BumperGraham 6m
    Cope Radio in Spain reporting that #Thiago is going to Bayern. It needs confirming but they have a reasonable track record.
    Expand

If Thiago does go to Bayern, he must be the stupidest player I have ever seen. I do not know how papers can write this ****-do they not think through what they are writing? I mean, He wants MORE playing time, why take the risk of going to a team which won the eurpean champions league to get more playing time? Surely they must have a descent midfield. Is there no logic left in society?

Anyways, If you go to the official site of COPE you will see no quotes or anything that say the TELEGRAPH/GUARDIAN (reputable) newspapers have said.

ReputationRep:
    If he goes Bayern, I swear Moyes should try and put a bid in for Gustavo, I remember him being anxious about plying time before, he might want to move now, he was great for Brazil.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.