The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Wait a minute.

Pep's brother is Thiago's agent. Should a public statement like this be necessary? This is one of the first public statements made by either Barca, Bayern or United concerning genuine transfer possibility, so it seems more tangible than the United links.

But we've been told behind the scenes that United are close.

It's not over yet, Mazinho and Thiago are yet to speak, no ink is on paper, don't jump ship yet muppets!

But I think rigorous work has to go into getting Strootman now.

We'll know the Thiago ship has sailed when/if United are making genuine strides to sign other midfielders.

I'm disappointed if Thiago chooses Bayern.

What is it with us and midfielders? Our PL rivals never seem to struggle in this area.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by rohitbd
Why not just stay with Barca than go Bayern, we should try and get Luiz Gustavo cannot imagine him being to happy about this, De Rossi is too old and his wages are extremely high would rather try and get Vidal.
Whoever handles transfers needs to be dealt with, they keep missing out on major targets every window

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

Because Barca didn't give Thiago minutes and they have a set midfield which they don't want to break up.
Bayern have a lot of midfield options but if Pep says he will give minutes to Thiago, then I think he will.

Vidal will be next to impossible to buy, he's so integral to their side.

Tbfh, the players that you want are going to other huge clubs on massive wages too and in great cities too.
Man when will this saga just be done with :unimpressed:
**** it, time to make Phil Jones into our next Roy Keane
If Thiago is heading to Bayern I think the pressures on Moyes to buy someone quickly before the fans lose their patience. He already knew the fans were getting restless about the lack of transfer activity and thats why he came out saying that they are doing all they can to get some players in.
Original post by Malevolent
Man when will this saga just be done with :unimpressed:

Transfer sagas are stupid. It either does happen or it doesn't, just wait for it to appear on BBC or Sky Sports and if it doesn't then move on.
At least we keep an element of respect not revealing names.
Original post by Kenan and Kel
**** it, time to make Phil Jones into our next Roy Keane

Hasnt got enough of a dark side to be as effective Keane. RK was capable of anything on a football pitch to get the job done. :moon:
As I stated, I found it hard to believe no one else would want a piece of the action for the price. Also Pep coming straight out with his intent, in a fashion which forces this issue, something I would have expected us to do if we seriously considered we could get him.

As I said we need a CM, we're a big club. If we don't close opportunistic deals like Thiago quickly we are going to have to pay more. United are not Arsenal, its not acceptable for us to wait 5 year for the right player at the right price, the right player is more important than the right price. If we have to blow £50m to get the correct CM worth £35, we have the money to do so, and the club's ambition dictates success is a must. We're at a point depending on your view or will be with certainly at the end of the coming season, where buying a CM will be essential if we are to maintain the same level of performance. You underpay when you can you overpay when you have to. I think we need a CM this summer, and if we have to over pay by £10-15m that is the result of backing ourselves into a corner time wise.
I swear Guardiola said he wouldn't come back to try get some of the Barcelona players, Also why would you break up that Martinez Schweinsteiger partnership...
Original post by Zürich
Hasnt got enough of a dark side to be as effective Keane. RK was capable of anything on a football pitch to get the job done. :moon:
Probably be an interesting thread, if you could select a player from the past to play in your team today who would it be? I think Keane would probably be a good choice for us regardless of our current issues, but with them he's probably be above anyone else. Our team does lack the fear factor Keane provided on the pitch, and without SAF a ruthless winner would probably do us good in the dressing room.
I swear Guardiola said he wouldn't come back to try get some of the Barcelona players, Also why would you break up that Martinez Schweinsteiger partnership...

Huge difference between coming back to poach players and a player wanting to leave and considering his options (and therefore Guardiola coming into the market for that player).

Anyway, Moyes is still trying to get Baines despite saying the same thing?
Original post by doggyfizzel
Probably be an interesting thread, if you could select a player from the past to play in your team today who would it be? I think Keane would probably be a good choice for us regardless of our current issues, but with them he's probably be above anyone else. Our team does lack the fear factor Keane provided on the pitch, and without SAF a ruthless winner would probably do us good in the dressing room.

A young Paul Scholes.

I'd happily watch him progress through his career all over again.
FML, I knew it was too good to be true
Has ledleyking topped himself yet?
Original post by Zürich

Phil Jones has the face(s) that will scare any opponent
Original post by DaveSmith99

Hasn't been here for a few days must have.
Reply 6097
Original post by DaveSmith99

Hasn't been here for a few days must have.

:nopity:
Reply 6098
Sky Italy reporting Thiago to Bayern is done, signed a 4 year deal. Lol.
Wow just like that they swoop and get him :redface:

Big mistake Rosell...

Latest