Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whitechapel)
    just waiting for him to tweet "Im joining the champions of Europe"
    He'll probably say something like "red is my favourite colour"

ReputationRep:
    we have been linked with PSGs verratti only seen a bit of him but i like him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    When has a player not being on the market stopped other big clubs? About time we spent some real money.
    Exactly, you throw £50m at most clubs you'll see movement.

(Original post by Wilfred Little)
    He won't be rotting on the bench and Bayern helped Dortmund a few years ago when they were seriously in the **** financially.
    What is the story behind this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I mean in terms of their playing style. The team looked perfect last year with no errors and pretty much good in every area of the pitch with a lot of depth. Now he's just adding playmakers so he can play possession football.There's no need for such players with the talent they have at their disposal and it's young talent too with kroos and muller there who play in those positions. What happens to the likes of shaqiri/emre can who could easily nail a starting spot at bayern in the future if given games?
    Tbfh, the style of play that you're describing was a feature of their game but most noticed in their CL games. In their league games, I think they had the highest highest rate of possession in Europe, only behind Barcelona.

They are a possession based side but have athleticism and efficiency in them.

Pep has spoken about how Thiago can play in 3 or 4 places, that just adds depth to the side. Gotze is seen as one of the best German players out there so he was likely to leave Dortmund at some point.

I don't think Pep will try and make them Barca-esque - he'll make the best out of the resources they have but frankly adding Thiago and Gotze would improve any squad in the world. He'll be aiming for a treble so they'll want a decent sized squad.

Is Shaqiri better or does he have more potential than Gozte or Thiago? I don't think so so it's not bad for the club if they upgrade. Bayern have the 4th largest revenue in the world and are run very well so money isn't a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    Exactly, you throw £50m at most clubs you'll see movement.

Dortmund had too many debts and were unable to pay some of it back on time. Bayern lent them some money (it wasn't a huge sum) and then Dortmund paid it back.

It's not a huge deal tbfh..

ReputationRep:
    Wayne Rooney is out of action for a month with a hamstring injury. He's heading back home from tour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Wayne Rooney is out of action for a month with a hamstring injury.
    Well he won't be going anywhere in that case. Hopefully the rumours about him leaving stop now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Dortmund had too many debts and were unable to pay some of it back on time. Bayern lent them some money (it wasn't a huge sum) and then Dortmund paid it back.

It's not a huge deal tbfh..
    Really? Strange port of call for a loan. I knew of Dortmund's financial crisis, I just never knew they got a loan from Bayern.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Wayne Rooney is out of action for a month with a hamstring injury. He's heading back home from tour.
    So much for the new and improved, super fit Wayne Rooney

ReputationRep:
    Moyes- "Rooney in the best shape of his life" lol think it sounds dodgy to me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Tbfh, the style of play that you're describing was a feature of their game but most noticed in their CL games. In their league games, I think they had the highest highest rate of possession in Europe, only behind Barcelona.

They are a possession based side but have athleticism and efficiency in them.

Pep has spoken about how Thiago can play in 3 or 4 places, that just adds depth to the side. Gotze is seen as one of the best German players out there so he was likely to leave Dortmund at some point.

I don't think Pep will try and make them Barca-esque - he'll make the best out of the resources they have but frankly adding Thiago and Gotze would improve any squad in the world. He'll be aiming for a treble so they'll want a decent sized squad.

Is Shaqiri better or does he have more potential than Gozte or Thiago? I don't think so so it's not bad for the club if they upgrade. Bayern have the 4th largest revenue in the world and are run very well so money isn't a problem.
    Yeah but I'm talking in terms of what they did with their possession. It made for a great game how they played despite their high possession rate they were still pretty entertaining to watch. Only contrary game to this was the CL semi final and guess who that was against? It wasn't like a straight up tika taka but it was just bayern controlling the game very well. Playing the ball on the ground but also with direction and purpose than just passing it around waiting for the opposition to get bored.

Thiago plays in 4 places yes, the wings, CM and AM but are you seriously trying to tell me that they aren't already stacked in those positions with quality players. It's down to a change of system imo.

I can see the need for gotze or thiago but not for both of them. Even if martinez played CB they'd need a physical DM in that case and not thiago. Gotze can play anywhere in midfield too while we're at it, so can kroos, so can schweinsteigger, muller is pretty versatile as a forward, mandzukic is pretty versatile as a forward. He isn't needed and I think it's just a case of guardiola putting a stamp on the team and making it his own way. I can only justify this signing if they got rid of robben personally.

Yeah with shaqiri that's why I'd say they got gotze for that reason, that's not why they get gotze and thiago.

ReputationRep:
    Can't even get the "new Yaya Toure" now! http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...Victor-Wanyama

A lot of people are suggesting Rooney isn't really injured. Dunno about that personally.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    What the other poster said. I think the sum was 2m.

Disagree it's not a huge deal. Would United lend Chelsea 2m or vice versa?

ReputationRep:
    Another year of Carrick playing alone in midfield awaits!

ReputationRep:
    What's happened to Nick Powell?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stopmessing)
    What's happened to Nick Powell?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think he had surgery at the end of last season.

I guess he's still recovering, because he's not with the squad on tour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    Another year of Carrick playing alone in midfield awaits!
    Calm down the transfer windows been open for 10 days

ReputationRep:
    Thiago to Bayern is not actually done yet

ReputationRep:
    No Thiago, no pre season for Rooney, every main competitor domestic and in Europe has strengthened. Everything's looking great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    No Thiago, no pre season for Rooney, every main competitor domestic and in Europe has strengthened. Everything's looking great!
    Guys, lets just wait at the end of the transfer window before going on one.

Patience. I know it is looking bleek-but only go about criticizing after the transfer window has closed.

For all you know, Moyes may sign players on last day of the window!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.