ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    lol
    That arrogance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Decent chant?

@Jay_in_Essex
    I am a Spanish man, from down Matt Busby Way, and I can play. What can you play? I play the United way. Thia-Thia-Thiago, Thiago, Thiago.

That is ****ing horrendous The words don't even fit

Nobody at the game would sing something like that. It's a good job you won't be singing it.

Awful.

Just saw Jay in Essex. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AtlasCanTakeIt)
    Real and Barca can have massive squads because players on the periphery have the ultimate goal in mind, i.e. becoming a starter for Real or Barca. If a player doesn't hold that reverence for his club, he won't stick around.
    We can't compete with Barca or Madrid. I'm sure a lot of people seem to think that players should pick this club, because they're being given an opportunity to play for Manchester United, but I don't think that's going to cut it any more.

A lot of the Southern European and South American's seem to have Barca and Madrid as their destination clubs. It's hard to compete with that, unless they've been life long United fans or we're prepared to pay silly amounts of money. The club have shown that they aren't willing to do that.

I think we have to measure United against Chelsea and City. Ok, maybe London is more attractive for a player than Manchester, but lets be honest, the difference isn't massive. Manchester has plenty in the way cultural draws, at least when compared to London.

Is it money? Well, no, Rooney is paid as much as anyone at City or Chelsea. Maybe we're not willing to give young players very high wages when they first join. Maybe we're more cautious and that prevents us from getting deals done quickly.

Honestly, I don't know. Are you worried about the fact that City, Chelsea and Spurs have made good signings already? I am a little.
    Chelsea and City are the clubs that we're really competing against. Money is the main factor. You can't compare Rooney to other players. Mainly because he already plays for us. The club believed that Rooney was worth £250k in wages. Whether they still believe that, I don't know, but they did back then.

We have lost out on a few players, because we've been unwilling to pay large transfer fees or high wages. We lost Robben and Essien to Chelsea. Both players said they wanted to sign for us and then they signed for them. Most likely wages. We missed out on Sneijder because we wouldn't pay his wage demands. We seemed to lose out on Hazard because of wages again and possibly agent fees. We lost out on Lucas, because we wouldn't pay the transfer fee. There are probably more, but I can't think of anything off the top of my head.

It keeps happening and it will continue to happen. The club aren't willing to pay over the odds for elite talent. Our rivals will and for that reason, we will keep missing out. Unless we get lucky and the player has been a life long United fan. He'll more than likely have to be willing to play for us for less money.

I'm worried that we don't seem to be doing anything. Most of the other big clubs have already made moves for good players. Moyes says that we're working on it, but it's still worrying.

I'm surprised by Guardiola. Bayern have just won the treble and signed Götze, is it good business to be adding to a bloated midfield? Particularly a player who is said to desperate to play enough to make it into the World Cup team. United, objectively, should be his first choice if that is the case.
    He's choice is not surprising. Bayern is the club to be at for Germans. It's basically the same as United being the club to be at for English players. They look as strong as ever, so why wouldn't a player want to be there?

ReputationRep:
    Were playing Singha All Star XI today. The match sold out in 22 minutes

ReputationRep:
    How's the Thiago hunt going guys? You were all so sure about it two weeks ago. Another name to add to the list of Sneijder, Hazard and Lucas Moura.

I heard he'd prefer to work with Guardiola than Moe from the Simpson's anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    How's the Thiago hunt going guys? You were all so sure about it two weeks ago. Another name to add to the list of Sneijder, Hazard and Lucas Moura.

For once I agree with you. And dont forget they were 100% going to sign Fabregas and Ronaldo aswell. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

What happened to Falcao, Hulk and Cavani? Has your club ran out of money or maybe none of the worlds best strikers want to go to Chelsea! I wonder why.......

ReputationRep:
    Did Adnan Januzaj sign a new contract? He looks like a pretty good prospect.

ReputationRep:

About a month spent glued to Twitter looking for scraps from 'reliable' tweeters for nothing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    What happened to Falcao, Hulk and Cavani? Has your club ran out of money or maybe none of the worlds best strikers want to go to Chelsea! I wonder why.......
    Chelsea will actually make marquee signings though even if they did miss out on those names. Also they've got Mourinho back so it's not like before when managers were getting sacked constantly. Abramovich has admitted he was wrong by appointing him and I expect Mourinho to be there for a while.

ReputationRep:

You forgot Ozil. Failed comment.

ReputationRep:
    How's the Thiago hunt going guys? You were all so sure about it two weeks ago.
    Actually, most people have been doubting it for a while now, probably since about two weeks ago. Do you even read?

(Original post by CB91)
    For once I agree with you. And dont forget they were 100% going to sign Fabregas and Ronaldo aswell. :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just because you read The Sun and it says we're signing Fabregas, doesn't mean we're signing Fabregas. Arsenal are 100% signing Fabregas too, so go post it in their thread as well. They'll think you're just as silly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Actually, most people have been doubting it for a while now, probably since about two weeks ago. Do you even read?

Just because you read The Sun and it says we're signing Fabregas, doesn't mean we're signing Fabregas. Arsenal are 100% signing Fabregas too, so go post it in their thread as well. They'll think you're just as silly.
    I dont read The Sun. :rolleyes:

Ive heard and read it all from Man United fans, not newspapers.

The Arsenal thread is already a shambles so no need to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Mkhitaryan is going to be great for you guys, you might finally finish above Everton now.

(Did anyone one here actually think we were signing Fabregas or Ronaldo btw?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Mkhitaryan is going to be great for you guys, you might finally finish above Everton now.

(Did anyone one here actually think we were signing Fabregas or Ronaldo btw?)
    Don't think anyone even mentioned that we were certain of signing Fabregas or/and Ronaldo. Obviously everyone's hopeful that we might sign Ronaldo maybe not in this transfer window but sometime in the future. But Fabregas no way we will sign him cause of the complications involved. So I don't know why some fans of other clubs seem to accuse United fans of things they haven't even said.

ReputationRep:
    Don't think anyone even mentioned that we were certain of signing Fabregas or/and Ronaldo. Obviously everyone's hopeful that we might sign Ronaldo maybe not in this transfer window but sometime in the future. But Fabregas no way we will sign him cause of the complications involved. So I don't know why some fans of other clubs seem to accuse United fans of things they haven't even said.
    Anybody who even entertained the thought that you were going to sign Ronaldo is absolutely deluded.

No chance, not in a million years.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think we will ever see Ronaldo back at United if he signs a new long-term contract. He'd be 33/34 by the time it expires + SAF is no longer manager (which was important to him because they had a very good relationship).

ReputationRep:
    It strange how people have read things, the only thing I think people really entertained was Thiago. Ronaldo was just a case of, if he doesn't sign another deal at Real, if he doesn't go for the big bucks in Russia or go Stateside, if he is considering a return to the PL, then we would be in with a chance. Fabregas was a joke, did anyone actually entertain that? I would say Thiago is the only transfer story of the summer so far.

ReputationRep:
    Falcao is a slave to his agent. Hulk as one of the worlds best strikers :rofl: he's been terrible for a year now, Cavani would be good but I think we could get a player near or around his level for half his price, look at balotelli e.g. 14 in 15 appearances for milan and he costed 24 million.

(Original post by Wilfred Little)
    About a month spent glued to Twitter looking for scraps from 'reliable' tweeters for nothing.
    Why do people listen to these tweeters anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Falcao is a slave to his agent. Hulk as one of the worlds best strikers :rofl: he's been terrible for a year now, Cavani would be good but I think we could get a player near or around his level for half his price, look at balotelli e.g. 14 in 15 appearances for milan and he costed 24 million.

Why do people listen to these tweeters anyway.
    I don't know what your definition of world class is if you think they're not. Now Chelsea are after Benteke who compared to those players is not near world class. And I agree Cavani isn't worth the reported £50 odd million but nor is/was Torres when you bought him so whats changed now? You're owner has learnt from his mistake of buying Torres and doesn't want to take the risk? Only he knows. And the only reason Man City let Balotelli go for so less was because of his behaviour and attitude on the pitch he seemed like he didn't want to be there.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.