Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    I don't know what your definition of world class is if you think they're not. Now Chelsea are after Benteke who compared to those players is not near world class. And I agree Cavani isn't worth the reported £50 odd million but nor is/was Torres when you bought him so whats changed now? You're owner has learnt from his mistake of buying Torres and doesn't want to take the risk? Only he knows. And the only reason Man City let Balotelli go for so less was because of his behaviour and attitude on the pitch he seemed like he didn't want to be there.
    Have you watched hulk for the past year and use that as a reason to call him world class? Nope.
    Did I say or suggest that falcao and cavani aren't world class? Nope
    Did you put words into my mouth and try to make assertions that are clearly untrue because you can't handle the fact that your team struggling to get key signings in that you should have bagged by now? Yes
    Did I say why we haven't gone for cavani? Yes
    Did I explain why falcao went to monaco? Yes

Furthermore, would you pay above 35m for balotelli even right now? I highly doubt it. Fabregas went for 35m

Why we haven't bought a striker yet. I'm not going to bother going into that as this is the united thread. Benteke at chelsea is unlikely. I have to ask you your age btw as you put so much nonsense in a post.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Have you watched hulk for the past year and use that as a reason to call him world class? Nope.
    Did I say or suggest that falcao and cavani aren't world class? Nope
    Did you put words into my mouth and try to make assertions that are clearly untrue because you can't handle the fact that your team struggling to get key signings in that you should have bagged by now? Yes
    Did I say why we haven't gone for cavani? Yes
    Did I explain why falcao went to monaco? Yes

Why we haven't bought a striker yet. I'm not going to bother going into that as this is the united thread. Benteke at chelsea is unlikely. I have to ask you your age btw as you put so much nonsense in a post.
    Players are gonna have a dips in form in they're playing career doesn't mean they're not world class anymore. Hulk wouldn't be playing for Brazil if he wasn't.

Okay sorry I just assumed that you were making a point that they weren't world class. You could have made yourself a little clearer there though.

And about the 'assertions' point, other than your owner not taking the risk which other assertion did I make? And you've made plenty of assertions yourself.......why Falcao went to Monaco? cause of his agent!! Benteke at Chelsea unlikely!! And I think I'm aware that United haven't made key signings but many teams in the Premier League are failing to sign key players that they've wanted. So I don't why you're only on the United trend to talk about it.

And I'd like to know the reason why Chelsea haven't signed a striker yet cause since you already are on the United trend might as well get your point out.

And I don't know what my age has got to do with anything anyway, its called a forum people are allowed to have their opinions no matter what it is like you and I have made. You're probably just another football fan who's so full of himself who thinks his always right.

ReputationRep:
    Manchester United XI: Ben Amos, Fabio, Rio Ferdinand, Jonny Evans, Alex Buttner, Anderson, Ryan Giggs, Michael Carrick, Adnan Januzaj, Tom Cleverley, Danny Welbeck.

Subs: Anders Lindegaard, Rafael, Patrice Evra, Phil Jones, Wilfried Zaha, Jesse Lingard, Michael Keane

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    Players are gonna have a dips in form in they're playing career doesn't mean they're not world class anymore. Hulk wouldn't be playing for Brazil if he wasn't.

Okay sorry I just assumed that you were making a point that they weren't world class. You could have made yourself a little clearer there though.

And about the 'assertions' point, other than your owner not taking the risk which other assertion did I make? And you've made plenty of assertions yourself.......why Falcao went to Monaco? cause of his agent!! Benteke at Chelsea unlikely!! And I think I'm aware that United haven't made key signings but many teams in the Premier League are failing to sign key players that they've wanted. So I don't why you're only on the United trend to talk about it.

And I'd like to know the reason why Chelsea haven't signed a striker yet cause since you already are on the United trend might as well get your point out.
    Your assertion that hulk is world class despite him being terrible for the past year. Your assertion that chelsea can't get key strikers. Oh and him playing for brazil, ramires plays for brazil, does that make him world class? Nope. World class isn't a term for good strikers it's a term for the highest tier of strikers like cavani, falcao, ibra, Robin van persie who get you around 30 goals regularly a season hulk is simply not in that tier. I don't want to go in the falcao business but he's a slave to jorge mendes due to him being owned by a 3rd party so they have a large portion of his player rights. Oh and with the strikers and Chelsea we need to sell a striker in order to buy one as we have 3 strikers challenging for 1 place.

ReputationRep:
    Do Arsenal and Chelsea fans not have their own threads to post in?

We won the Premier League lads, even with our threadbare midfield. I think you need to address your own clubs recruitment.

Who's watching Moyes first game? I'm hoping Fabio impresses. Januzaj too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AtlasCanTakeIt)
    Who's watching Moyes first game? I'm hoping Fabio impresses. Januzaj too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Januzaj looks really lively. Hope we see him in the first team this season.

But the rest of the team in general are quite sluggish (understandably).

ReputationRep:
    Adnan looks like an actual decent player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Your assertion that hulk is world class despite him being terrible for the past year. Your assertion that chelsea can't get key strikers. Oh and him playing for brazil, ramires plays for brazil, does that make him world class? Nope. World class isn't a term for good strikers it's a term for the highest tier of strikers like cavani, falcao, ibra, Robin van persie who get you around 30 goals regularly a season hulk is simply not in that tier. I don't want to go in the falcao business but he's a slave to jorge mendes due to him being owned by a 3rd party so they have a large portion of his player rights. Oh and with the strikers and Chelsea we need to sell a striker in order to buy one as we have 3 strikers challenging for 1 place.
    You're talking like you're not making any assertions yourself! Someone who may not be world class to you may be for me so thats debatable. And world class isn't just about strikers and the amount of goals they score, a world class player can be a defender, midfielder and a striker!

And why are you on the United trend anyway?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whitechapel)
    Adnan looks like an actual decent player.

Defiantly does! Hopefully he gets more games under Moyes

ReputationRep:
    United haven't had a shot on target yet.

Moyes out!

Just kidding... we're not Chelsea.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Good save by Amos

ReputationRep:
    Welbeck with the worst bit of skill I've ever seen :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Adnan Januzaj is our most lively player so far. For 18, he's so good. I hope we give this kid a chance.

As for the second half, I really want to see Lingard or/and Zaha.

ReputationRep:
    Januzaj's been pretty good. Don't know what Welbeck and Giggs are doing. Nothing good so far.

Want to see Zaha get on.

ReputationRep:
    1-0 down

Get Zaha on.

ReputationRep:
    Zaha hit the post. Terrific shot. He looks like a really good player.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Zaha hit the post. Terrific shot. He looks like a really good player.
    Fantastic effort.

Unfortunately, Welbeck is his usual self and hence we haven't scored.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    Fantastic effort.

Unfortunately, Welbeck is his usual self and hence we haven't scored.
    Touché.

Dare I say, Zaha looks like a young Ronaldo? So powerful, great skills, very fast and two great feet. His decision making is a little off but thats perfectly normal at a young age. I hope Moyes gives him plenty of opportunities.

ReputationRep:
    Our two best players have been Januzaj and Zaha.

Says a lot.

ReputationRep:
    Singha All Star XI 1 - 0 Manchester United. FT

Januzaj was our best player, Zaha looked dangerous, but Welbeck failed on numerous occasions.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.