Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AtlasCanTakeIt)
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...ot-a-done-deal

More media flip flopping on Thiago.

What annoys me is that what we know about his situation is the same as it was in June. He's contracted to Barca, he wants to play more games and make it into the World Cup squad, his dad met United officials, Bayern and United are his most likely destinations if he leaves.

But every tentative link with either team is jumped upon by the media.

The story is, he's making his mind up while he still can.

I actually think he'll stay now.

I'm just as bad as the ITKs for posting this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Guillem Balague confirms Thiago will join bayern and says Moyes doubted Thiago in the PL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    Guillem Balague confirms Thiago will join bayern and says Moyes doubted Thiago in the PL.
    Just read him on twitter.

I'm sorry but that's bizarre. There are plenty of Spanish players with a similar style and build to Thiago in the PL.

I'll wait for official confirmation on his move to get irritated, but Balague is usually reliable.

If what he says is true, particularly about Moyes' doubts, then I seriously question his judgement.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I'm sorry but that's bizarre. There are plenty of Spanish players with a similar style and build to Thiago in the PL.

I'll wait for official confirmation on his move to get irritated, but Balague is usually reliable.

If what he says is true, particularly about Moyes' doubts, then I seriously question his judgement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It does seem an odd reason. Thiago would still be an improvement on Anderson.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    And anderson isn't being linked out of the club.. we might haven to stick with or Moyes is giving him another chance as a new manager..Come on moyes get me excited!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Exactly.

Moyes also made a comment about bringing "the best young players" to the club. Young players from outside the country are obviously untried and untested, so we're supposed to be looking for potential.

Pep's willingness to bring Thiago into a big Bayern squad (something he promised not to do) and give him games, should be a significant indicator of his quality.

Jesus.

Is this what it will be like? We'll sign a big unit like Fellaini and spend the season hoofing the ball up to him, while City and Chelsea pass the ball around us.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Exactly.

Moyes also made a comment about bringing "the best young players" to the club. Young players from outside the country are obviously untried and untested, so we're supposed to be looking for potential.

Pep's willingness to bring Thiago into a big Bayern squad (something he promised not to do) and give him games, should be a significant indicator of his quality.

Jesus.

Is this what it will be like? We'll sign a big unit like Fellaini and spend the season hoofing the ball up to him, while City and Chelsea pass the ball around us.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Pep said he wouldn't poach players but there's no reason Bayern can't be in the market for a player who wants to leave Barcelona. At this moment in time, Bayern are a better team with a manager who has a more proven track record of trophies - can you blame a promising player for wanting to go there over Man Utd?

Tbfh both Moyes and Fellani believe his best position is deeper - more as a CM/DM (which is where the gap is in the Man Utd squad), Fellani just had to play as an AM because of the lack of options up front and his versatility. He's much more than just a big unit. As much as City will want to pass the ball around, they still have their own 'big unit' in Yaya Toure, who's a brute of a player and still skilled on the ball too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    Pep said he wouldn't poach players but there's no reason Bayern can't be in the market for a player who wants to leave Barcelona. At this moment in time, Bayern are a better team with a manager who has a more proven track record of trophies - can you blame a promising player for wanting to go there over Man Utd?

Tbfh both Moyes and Fellani believe his best position is deeper - more as a CM/DM (which is where the gap is in the Man Utd squad), Fellani just had to play as an AM because of the lack of options up front and his versatility. He's much more than just a big unit. As much as City will want to pass the ball around, they still have their own 'big unit' in Yaya Toure, who's a brute of a player and still skilled on the ball too.
    Perhaps. If he wants guaranteed minutes I can blame him. I suppose i'm wondering why a player who wants to play games, set himself apart and gain a World Cup place would join a team with a such a big squad. I don't see how he goes straight into that team without displacing a quality German player.

Also, from what Balague is saying, Moyes questions his suitability, although we don't know if it's United who are hesitant or Thiago.

Are Fellaini and Yaya Toure comparable? I'm not convinced about Fellaini.

It's the Moyes skepticism that Balague alludes to that worries me. I suppose we'll find out soon enough if it's based on truth or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps. If he wants guaranteed minutes I can blame him. I suppose i'm wondering why a player who wants to play games, set himself apart and gain a World Cup place would join a team with a such a big squad. I don't see how he goes straight into that team without displacing a quality German player.

Also, from what Balague is saying, Moyes questions his suitability, although we don't know if it's United who are hesitant or Thiago.

It's the Moyes skepticism that Balague alludes to that worries me. I suppose we'll find out soon enough if it's based on truth or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How can people not think the best player at the U21 world cup is suitable? Even for the new UTD manager that's plainly not true. Players at that quality you would adapt around, Bayern seemingly are.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well if Pep says he's going to give him minutes then what more does Thiago need? Bayern will play in the club world championship along with targeting all the other trophies available so they'll have 34 league games, 13 CL games (if they get to the final), 6 Pokal games, 2 CWC games, DFL super cup, and the Super cup.

That's 55 games next season and a World Cup the summer after. If Bayern want to avoid burning out this season and the season after the world cup (no doubt the German FA also know that the players may burn out at the WC), it makes sense to have a huge squad so players are always fresh.

Well both Yaya and Fellani are big players who use their physical presence to influnce their game but both are more technical that people would imagine. Obviously Yaya has proven himself on a bigger stage so far but if Moyes thinks Fellani can step up, I think he'd add something to Man Utd's midfield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    How can people not think the best player at the U21 world cup is suitable? Even for the new UTD manager that's plainly not true. Players at that quality you would adapt around, Bayern seemingly are.
    It sounds like speculative nonsense to me. Moyes has absolutely got to know that class is class, regardless of the league.

Either way, that **** on twitter Tancredi Palmeri is saying Thiago's move could be announced tonight.

Deja vu anyone?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I just wish this Thiago thing is confirmed one way or another.

Moyes' comments regarding Rooney are firm and strong but to me, it sounds like more of a response to the media for their constant questioning of Rooney's future. He's had so many of them, he's probably feeling it's time to show his authority because maybe the feeling was in his earlier responses that he was trying to cosy up to Wayne by saying he should stay to break the goalscorers record and become a legend etc. I think he's got the right approach, Moyes that is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    Balague knows **** all. Hardly put himself on the line there he's just repeating what's been said in the papers as per usual.

He's talking out of his arse.

He's not reliable at all he's just another attention seeking, pseudo ITK knob on Twitter.

& What the **** is it these days with people getting their 'sources' off Twitter of all places and going on about 'reliable'?

Because Balague is talking nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't Balague the same guy who said we put a down payment on Falcao.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    Isn't Balague the same guy who said we put a down payment on Falcao.
    He did.

Although he's been conspicuously quiet about Thiago for a while.

I thought his track record on Barca's transfer moves was pretty good. He was the first I heard speaking about Delefeu to Everton.

I don't know. I just want Thiago to decide where he's going and tell everyone. Then Moyes can go ahead and spend big money on dream signing Charlie Adam.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona_cat/...73257479766016

Thiago to Bayern is official, €25m.

ReputationRep:
    He did.

Although he's been conspicuously quiet about Thiago for a while.

I thought his track record on Barca's transfer moves was pretty good. He was the first I heard speaking about Delefeu to Everton.

I don't know. I just want Thiago to decide where he's going and tell everyone. Then Moyes can go ahead and spend big money on dream signing Charlie Adam.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry, seems Real Madrid have already shown an interest

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    https://twitter.com/FCBarcelona_cat/...73257479766016

Thiago to Bayern is official, €25m.
    Yeah.

We'll hear in the coming days whether United botched the deal or not. I suspect it was the will of the player, although reports are that Thiago's release clause wasn't triggered, rather it was a Barca/Bayern negotiation. Something like 25 million Euro.

I want to see some proactivity now. Strootman. Ed Wood Wood Wood better pull the proverbial finger out, else it's Xavi and co. huddled round a United team sheet laughing themselves blue in the face at Anderson starting in our midfield.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry guys, missing out on Thiago is a hit but there are many players on the market. The worrying thing is the lack of activity by Moyes.

De Rossi, Gundogan, Modric and Vidal would improve our midfield and provide excellent experience. Throw £30 mil at any of the last 3 and £12 mil at De Rossi and see what happens.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, seems Real Madrid have already shown an interest
    Carlos Adams.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.