Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    Don't worry guys, missing out on Thiago is a hit but there are many players on the market. The worrying thing is the lack of activity by Moyes.

De Rossi, Gundogan, Modric and Vidal would improve our midfield and provide excellent experience. Throw £30 mil at any of the last 3 and £12 mil at De Rossi and see what happens.
    You have no chance of getting the last three. They are all indispensable to their respective clubs. You have a chance of getting De Rossi, he would be a very astute signing. Certainly better than Fellaini.

ReputationRep:
    I hate Pep Guardiola

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stopmessing)
    I hate Pep Guardiola
    It was nice when he went off to America and kept his baldy head out of things.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Terrible move for Thaigo surely. Martinez/Schweinsteiger are undroppable and Kroos/Gotze/Muller are more accomplished players. Not to mention Robben/RiberyGustavo/Shaqiri. Or if he does play, then Kroos/Gotze will take a step back. What a strange transfer.

Would have slotted straight in at Utd.

Don't worry guys, missing out on Thiago is a hit but there are many players on the market. The worrying thing is the lack of activity by Moyes.

De Rossi, Gundogan, Modric and Vidal would improve our midfield and provide excellent experience. Throw £30 mil at any of the last 3 and £12 mil at De Rossi and see what happens.
    Gundogan is very good, but he's not a 30m player is he?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    You have no chance of getting the last three. They are all indispensable to their respective clubs. You have a chance of getting De Rossi, he would be a very astute signing. Certainly better than Fellaini.
    Well Gundogan has stated Man Utd would be a move he would like http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/6512398/, he has a contract for only 2 years and BVB wouldn't want a Lewa situation next year, its unlikely unless we put a 30 mil bid for him and see what happens. Vidal and Modric is fairly unlikely though.

ReputationRep:
    Well Gundogan has stated Man Utd would be a move he would like http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/6512398/, he has a contract for only 2 years and BVB wouldn't want a Lewa situation next year, its unlikely unless we put a 30 mil bid for him and see what happens. Vidal and Modric is fairly unlikely though.
    Didnt Gundogan some out and say he was committed to BVB for another year?

Lars Bender would be the **** for you lot as well, although AFC had 19m rejected last week so Leverkusen dont seem to want to play ball. Stootman is another option but he implied he wanted to stay at PSV the other week.

Must be something in the water over in Germany though eh? How many deep lying CMs have they produced in the past 3 years. **** me.

ReputationRep:
    Isn't Balague the same guy who said we put a down payment on Falcao.
    Tweet him and ask him about Torres

ReputationRep:
    Balague is an idiot

He thinks because he gets a few exclusives with Spain players and he's best mates with Xabi Alonso that he's some form of James Bond of the football world or something.

I remember him saying a few months back when someone asked him if he had any new info that "Neymar will join Barca" and "David Villa will leave Barca in the summer"...

These were two pieces of information that are 90% likely anyway, everyone knew that!

Thiago has joined Bayern I see, great...

ReputationRep:
    Maybe Muniesa arrived in Stoke, dialled up Thiago and told him how **** the weather is.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AtlasCanTakeIt)
    Maybe Muniesa arrived in Stoke, dialled up Thiago and told him how **** the weather is.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The weather has actually been good here for the past 2 weeks!

Who can Twitter link us to next?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Terrible move for Thaigo surely. Martinez/Schweinsteiger are undroppable and Kroos/Gotze/Muller are more accomplished players. Not to mention Robben/RiberyGustavo/Shaqiri. Or if he does play, then Kroos/Gotze will take a step back. What a strange transfer.

Would have slotted straight in at Utd.
    They could switch to 4-3-3 with Martinez dropping to CB

ReputationRep:
    So are you guys going to realise that these journalist know **** all. They've played you guys so much as so many of you fell for it. Even the ever reliable guardian posted an article that Thaigo was going to sign just hours before it became clear he was going to Bayern.

No one knows anything.

ReputationRep:
    Didnt Gundogan some out and say he was committed to BVB for another year?

Lars Bender would be the **** for you lot as well, although AFC had 19m rejected last week so Leverkusen dont seem to want to play ball. Stootman is another option but he implied he wanted to stay at PSV the other week.

Must be something in the water over in Germany though eh? How many deep lying CMs have they produced in the past 3 years. **** me.
    Yeah but players rarely keep their word. Bender is a great player but like you said he'll only come at around £25 mil, Strootman is also a good option but not proven, Luiz Gustavo is also an option as he cannot be happy by having both Thiago and Martinez in front of him for DM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    They could switch to 4-3-3 with Martinez dropping to CB
    But Martinez solved probably their number one problem, vulnerability to counter attacks, and works unbelievably well alongside Schweinsteiger. I dont understand tinkering with that.

Ribery has been unbelievable but perhaps he'll be phased out with Kroos moving wide and Thiago playing as no.10. Arjen Robben's career is surely over though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    So are you guys going to realise that these journalist know **** all. They've played you guys so much as so many of you fell for it. Even the ever reliable guardian posted an article that Thaigo was going to sign just hours before it became clear he was going to Bayern.

No one knows anything.
    ^ The most sense I've seen posted in here. This is why I don't look into transfer sagas. The reality is nobody knows anything, either it will happen or it won't.

A lot of journalists get their sources from fan forums as well btw.

This is why I laugh so much at all the twits posting quotes from ********s on Twitter. 'He seems reliable' etc.

If you didn't see it on Sky Sports or BBC confirmed, then it's not reliable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    ^ The most sense I've seen posted in here. This is why I don't look into transfer sagas. The reality is nobody knows anything, either it will happen or it won't.

This is why I laugh so much at all the twits posting quotes from ********s on Twitter. 'He seems reliable' etc.

Every now and again there are those who are reliable. This time last year there was an Arsenal ITK called AFCamden who obviously knew someone working at the club. Spilled the beans on Cazorla about 2 weeks before it was confirmed and called Sahin as well(although the club later pulled out).

David Ornstein at the BBC for example tweets rarely as well, but when he does you know its not BS he's spouting.

But agree that in general twitter ITKs are the blind leading the blind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)

No one knows anything.
    Well, wait a minute.

They told us he was likely to move to Bayern or United.

He moved to Bayern, but by all accounts it was a close call.

And about the guardian article, if by hours, you mean days and if by "going to sign", you mean "likely to sign", then yes, we got a little carried away.

Hardly a new phenomenon is it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)

If that happens, then wow

But I agree with your last point about BBC/SSN tbh

It is hard to not get excited about possible new signings tho lol

ReputationRep:
    Twitter is the worst place to pick up transfer stories and that seems to be what people do now.

I remember some members on RedCafe a few years back making up fake Kaka quotes and loads of different journos used the fake quotes in their articles. It's the first time I relised that they used forums to get their stories. It's a complete joke.

ReputationRep:
    Every now and again there are those who are reliable. This time last year there was an Arsenal ITK called AFCamden who obviously knew someone working at the club. Spilled the beans on Cazorla about 2 weeks before it was confirmed and called Sahin as well(although the club later pulled out).

David Ornstein at the BBC for example tweets rarely as well, but when he does you know its not BS he's spouting.

But agree that in general twitter ITKs are the blind leading the blind.
    Yeah I'm not saying it doesn't happen I'm just saying the only genuinely reliable sources are the Sky Sports News yellow ticker and the BBC website so scouring the likes of Twitter for every little scrap is not only pathetic it's also just pissing in the wind.

People do get scoops every so often though.

We agree in principle, I think.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.