The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Malevolent
Well our front office and management has been pretty ****ing bad since Rosell joined :laugh:

You dont remember the Laporta years then?

It was Tito's fault Thiago left, not Rossell

Posted from TSR Mobile
I like Cesc, He seems to be a good guy based on

[video="youtube;lujUC2acOZs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lujUC2acOZs[/video]
Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU

[video="youtube;lujUC2acOZs"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lujUC2acOZs[/video]

Seems more of a good guy there than when he is hurling pizza at Fergie.

He's so humble about his life, it very admirable. Its the end of part 2 that really give me hope he'll come home one day.
Original post by sevchenko
He's so humble about his life, it very admirable. Its the end of part 2 that really give me hope he'll come home one day.

I realise the importance of background check that Man utd do. In general, People like Hernandez etc really make the difference to winning or loosing by their attitude/personality.
Reply 6505
Original post by Manchester United
As for Europe, we could still win the CL without any summer signings (our team now is better than the one Chelsea/Inter had when they won it). I'm not saying we would be the favourites to win the CL, far from it, but it's certainly possible. I think there are only 4 teams who are certainly better than us; the two German clubs and the two Spanish.

You don't think City and Chelsea are stronger than us? Nor PSG or Juventus? I know you said certainly, and I wouldn't call it certain, but I think these four could probably beat us. We certainly struggled versus the English two at the end of the season.

I don't think CL is a priority at the moment anyway.
We don't really need Fabregas or Thiago we need a boss in the middle to protect the back 4 and just to give Carrick the ball like Viera and Keane of old. Someone like Sven Bender or Yann M'Vila since Fletcher cannot be relied upon and Jones is better used at centre back.
Original post by qasidb
What I don't understand is how comes we bid for Fabregas and we didn't bid for Thiago?

Because United obviously weren't trying to sign Thiago. IanDangerously called it almost a week ago.

But hold on, Manchester United's leading (armchair) fan and know-it-all Tommyjw said it'd take a high level of delusion to think United weren't trying to sign Thiago, and we know this must be fact because he saw it on Twitter, presumably from the always reliable Guillem Balague.

Let's ignore the following quote from United's manager, David Moyes:

"I never said at any time that he was [a target]," he said. "We're on with targets that we are chasing at this moment in time. At this moment in time and there are people we are actively chasing. At this moment in time we're happy with how things are going."
In the Gaurdian it says that Moyes wants Fellaini and Cesc. I think that would be perfect.
Reply 6509
In the Gaurdian it says that Moyes wants Fellaini and Cesc. I think that would be perfect.

Oh please...
Original post by yaboy
Oh please...

What do you know Kim Jong-un?
Reply 6511
What do you know Kim Jong-un?

enough to know that your chances of getting fabregas are tiny as it is, but to get fellaini aswell is crazy. The thought of United spending atleast 55mill on their MIDFIELD is borderline retarded.
Original post by yaboy
enough to know that your chances of getting fabregas are tiny as it is, but to get fellaini aswell is crazy. The thought of United spending atleast 55mill on their MIDFIELD is borderline retarded.

The thought of us signing Fabregas is ridiculous, the thought of us spending £55m on our midfield is not.
Original post by yaboy

Move along mate, move along...
We got him, His one year old daughter is based in london for some reason.

Come on Moyes, play with his emotions!!!
Reply 6515
Move along mate, move along...

What an argument to come back with :congrats:
Reply 6516
Original post by Wilfred Little
Because United obviously weren't trying to sign Thiago. IanDangerously called it almost a week ago.

But why were we not trying to sign Thiago? Thiago is the same type of player as Fabregas but cheaper, younger and more realistically a transfer target as opposed to Fabregas.

It just makes no sense that we go for a player that we are just so unlikely to get as opposed to getting someone similar that we are 100 times more likely to get. There's no logic in that.
Original post by yaboy
What an argument to come back with :congrats:

That guy is an idiot, but you kind of have to have an argument and make a few points yourself if you expect people to reply with proper arguments.
Original post by DaveSmith99
That guy is an idiot, but you kind of have to have an argument and make a few points yourself if you expect people to reply with proper arguments.

Do not use expletives please. I do have an argument but I do not wish to use it, as I can not be bothered writing an argument which is against an argument that is baseless and rather pathetic.
Reply 6519
Original post by DaveSmith99

Fair enough but how can you respond with Move along mate, move along...

Latest