Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Don't recall anyone saying that

Which one has a Champions League medal?
    Lol I'm pretty sure some Utd fans thought Cleverley was better than Wilshere. Decent player energy wise but no where near good enough to partner Carrick.

Haha fair enough. He has been dead weight in recent years though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Dunno, how's Theo 'better than Bale' Walcott?
    Only person who thinks that is Arsene Wenger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yaboy)
    Only person who thinks that is Arsene Wenger
    The point was that there are mentals who support every team, no non-crazy has ever thought that Cleverly is better than Wilshere or that Anderson is better than Fabregas.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    What happened to Tom 'better than Wilshere' Cleverley or 'better than Cesc' Anderson?
    Do hope that whilshere wearing the new arsenal kit didnt injure him

ReputationRep:
    Come on Moyes move on and try and sign one or both of Gundogan and Gustavo, I swear if that doesn't work then we should just get Fellani and go all out for Bale, only PL players hold us in a decent light.

RVP
    Kagawa-Bale-Zaha
    Fellani - Carrick
    Evra-Vida-Rio-Rafael
    DDG

That team would batter any PL opponent, but would cost £80 mil plus.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    Come on Moyes move on and try and sign one or both of Gundogan and Gustavo, I swear if that doesn't work then we should just get Fellani and go all out for Bale, only PL players hold us in a decent light.

RVP
    Kagawa-Bale-Zaha
    Fellani - Carrick
    Evra-Vida-Rio-Rafael
    DDG

Should be possible with all the new sponsorship deals :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)

RVP
    Kagawa-Bale-Zaha
    Fellani - Carrick
    Evra-Vida-Rio-Rafael
    DDG

surely bale on the wing, and kagawa in the center?

though there would be so much interchanging I doubt it would matter..

So it's ridiculous to discuss Fabregas but not the possibility of signing Gareth Bale? :confused: For the point of balance, in your favour - bringing in Bale would probably force the sale of Rooney, bringing down the cost. Bale isn't going to happen though.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by manupalace)
      Should be possible with all the new sponsorship deals :confused:

Posted from TSR Mobile
      It shouldn't be a problem, we have leeches as owners though.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Champagne Supernova)
      So it's ridiculous to discuss Fabregas but not the possibility of signing Gareth Bale? :confused: For the point of balance, in your favour - bringing in Bale would probably force the sale of Rooney, bringing down the cost. Bale isn't going to happen though.
      I think Bale is less ridiculous than Fabregas. Fabregas is already at a top club, a club that he loves and despite what everyone thinks he stared more league games for Barca than any other outfield player last season. The thought of signing Fabregas was absurd before Thiago left, its even more ridiculous now.

Bale on the other hand will be leaving spurs, its only a matter of when and to who. It's still a very unlikely transfer imo, I think he's probably off to Madrid next year. If he decides to stay in England then I'd say we have a fairly decent chance of signing him.

ReputationRep:
      Bale can't leave Spurs now anyway because http://i4.mirror.co.uk/incoming/arti...rt-2055468.png

Though it'd be quite easy to Photoshop that into a Madrid kit

ReputationRep:
      Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1373986176.797129.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  107.9 KBName:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1373986185.536626.jpg
Views: 186
Size:  133.2 KB
      HENCH

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Fabregas and Bale are both not realistic options.

Fabregas has said more than once that he doesn't want to leave. He will be the natural replacement to Xavi. There is zero point in him leaving.

Bale won't come to us, because Levy will play hard ball. We also will not pay £70M+ for him. I don't care what the club says. If money wasn't an issue, we would have already made some elite signings over the last few seasons. The club has given us no evidence to suggest that they will pay £40M+ on a player. Even if we did offer whatever Levy wants, Madrid will spring into life and offer it, too. They can pay a higher transfer fee and wage than we can.

Even if we sold Rooney, we still wouldn't do it. We sold Ronaldo and didn't splash large amounts of cash.

ReputationRep:
      I think it's time to reach out to the Italians. Marchisio, De Rossi, Candreva.

ReputationRep:
      I'd love to see this team in a Capital One Cup match;

De Gea (22)
      Varela (20) Jones (21) Smalling (23) Buttner (24)
      Powell (19) Cleverley (23)
      Zaha (20) Kagawa (24) Januzaj (18)
      Henriquez (19)

Then bring on players like Keane, Lingard and Welbeck.

ReputationRep:
      who is the sky sports reporter that they keep bringing on about fabregas? the one who talks through his teath...

so annoying.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by fallen_acorns)
      who is the sky sports reporter that they keep bringing on about fabregas? the one who talks through his teath...

so annoying.

ReputationRep:
      Fabregas is at Barca & is happy with playing time and winning trophies, Bale is at spurs and isn't even in CL.
      Though unlikely, its seems more likely than us getting Fabregas, Gundogan, Vidal and Gustavo because top european talent want to play for Real/Barca whereas top PL talent seem to look us as in the same light as Barca/Real.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by fallen_acorns)

so annoying.
      There was me thinking that I was the only peson that was annoyed by him.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Manchester United)
      Kaveh Solekull (surname spelling incorrect I'm sure) but the way he's been talking about the Fabregas transfer so authoritivately, you'd think he was called Kaveh Alcohol. He must have been drinking to think this transfer was worth reporting on.

Tbf, the Independent were the first ones to report our interest in Fabregas and it seems we have made a bid so they can pat themselves on the back.

That Carling Cup team consisting of the twenties would be worth a watch.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.