The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6620
Hernandez can is a better goal scorer than Rooney head to head both playing in ST Hernandez will get more goals than Rooney...

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to avoid looking at the news/twitter etc for transfer updates from now on until at least early August. The rumours just seem to instigate false hope tbh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Get your grubby dirty hands off of my Fabregas :sad: (Arsenal Supporter)

Love you guys but still.. leave him alone!! :cry2:
Wayne rooney leaving will benefit everybody, especially Shinji Kagawa. It will only benefit us if he leaves the EPL.

If wayne leaves for Barca and we get Cesc-even better (highly unlikely).
I want the transfer window to end already!

That guy on sky with the teeth is annoying the crap out of me!

Edit: Now that's a much better sight... Millie Clode..
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Manchester United
But Rooney should have to fight for his place. He's not as good as RVP, and Kagawa will soon be much better in the CAM role. There is no real place for Rooney. If he wants a starting 11 spot, he's going to have to fight for it like Chicharito.

Someone needs to slap Rooney on the face and wake him up from being so self centred.

I wish Wayne had the same desire and the fighting will to compete for top spot. Hernandez proved himself and he will again. I would rather Hernandez than Wayne at United as it actually benefits us more considering the context of this situation.

Again, if he goes-only out side BPL. I Chelsea get Wayne then He is a scumbag and we will not win BPL for certain. At least RVP went to a club that was not DIRECT rivals.
Reply 6626
I want the transfer window to end already!

That guy on sky with the teeth is annoying the crap out of me!

Stop watching it then?

I think Gundogan could do the job, but would Dortmund part with another top player?
FFS. Why can't a team field an even number 12 on the field.

Would make the world of the difference here.
Original post by Sami'
Stop watching it then?

I think Gundogan could do the job, but would Dortmund part with another top player?

Gundogan would be rad for you guys hes brilliant. However can't see Dortmund parting with him.
Ah let's not beat around the bush Anderson is **** and Cleverly just not good enough to make it unfortunately, though I admire him. If we sign a player like Fellani then we're going a step backwards in terms of European challengers
Reply 6630
People should not blame Moyes if we cannot sign a world class midfielder in this window.

It also has to do with the fact that SAF refused to buy a midfielder for the last few seasons..
Original post by Akkuz
People should not blame Moyes if we cannot sign a world class midfielder in this window.

It also has to do with the fact that SAF refused to buy a midfielder for the last few seasons..

I don't know why your post has been negged. Sir Alex has to take some of the blame here. We've needed a CM for years and he didn't buy one. He constantly came out and said that there's no value in the market. He's right, but things have changed. We are stuck in the past. We have to be willing to pay a lot to sign elite talent. If not, we will continue to lose out on top players.

Original post by Whitechapel
Ah let's not beat around the bush Anderson is **** and Cleverly just not good enough to make it unfortunately, though I admire him. If we sign a player like Fellani then we're going a step backwards in terms of European challengers

I don't know why Anderson is still at the club. Cleverly deserves more time. We gave Fletcher more time and he turned into a pretty good player. Too bad that his illness has taken ahold of him.

Millie Clode looks great on Sky Sports News atm. :sexface:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Whitechapel

I agree than Anderson is deadwood, but we shouldn't give up on Cleverley. He does show glimpses of talent, he just needs a 'breakthrough season'.
Reply 6633
Original post by DaveSmith99
The transfer window opened 16 days ago :facepalm:

True, I'd rather have him on the bench than go to Chelsea for £20-£30m though.

Yes i know it opened 16 days ago but top strikers like falcao and cavarni have already been sold! If we got rid of him straight away wed have more options. We can go a season with RVP and hernandez upfront because who would replace them if they got injured? welbeck? lol the guys a joke. Rvp with falcao/cavarn and hernandez with welbeck as back up would be perfect.
Reply 6634
I agree than Anderson is deadwood, but we shouldn't give up on Cleverley. He does show glimpses of talent, he just needs a 'breakthrough season'.

id give cleverly and few more season i mean look at carrick he was awful a couple of seasons ago and last season he was a god
I dont mind RVP - Hernandez being the main front two. Hernandez always scores he is a poacher, he needs a run of games. If we focused on buying a CLASS midfielder and maybe even a CLASS winger (and I'm talking Ronaldo/Bale as pipe dream as that is) then we'll be okay
Reply 6636
Original post by Akkuz

I think the Pogba situation is the biggest shame really, he'd have been an excellent fit. Lots of people seem to suggest he's greedy and there's nothing more we could've done, but I think it was handled very poorly; if I were Pogba and I saw players starting out of position in midfield instead of me, then I'd be pretty concerned about how valued I was too. He wasn't started in the Europa league either, or even the Carling cup, the greatest of all fodder competitions. There was talk of him being a kid that wasn't yet ready to play, but he managed to play in most of title winning Juve's games this season, in all competitions, without any issue.
I don't know if anyone realised this but this is what Tito Vilanova said (source BBC):

"I know he has received offers from other teams"

"But Cesc has told me he wants to stay here. He has told me it is his dream to stay with Barcelona."

"He doesn't want to go to other teams for money reasons or playing time. He knows there is competition for places here, but his decision is to stay. I am relaxed about the situation."

"It is a good sign that the club gets offers for our players,"

"It shows we have players other teams want. But Fabregas wants to stay."

Vilanova just told everyone what Fabregas wants but what do Barcelona want? No mention of that anywhere from what I can see. I'm not saying we're gonna get him because of this but this just reminds me of the Rooney situation right now. Rooney wants to leave United don't want to sell and in the Fabregas case could it be that Barcelona are willing to sell for the right price but the player wants to stay. And why haven't Barcelona rejected the United bid if they wanted him to stay?? Will both Rooney and Fabregas leave?

I don't think its the end of this saga not yet anyway. Long summer ahead!

Original post by poiuytrewq54321
I don't know if anyone realised this but this is what Tito Vilanova said (source BBC):

"I know he has received offers from other teams"

"But Cesc has told me he wants to stay here. He has told me it is his dream to stay with Barcelona."

"He doesn't want to go to other teams for money reasons or playing time. He knows there is competition for places here, but his decision is to stay. I am relaxed about the situation."

"It is a good sign that the club gets offers for our players,"

"It shows we have players other teams want. But Fabregas wants to stay."

Vilanova just told everyone what Fabregas wants but what do Barcelona want? No mention of that anywhere from what I can see. I'm not saying we're gonna get him because of this but this just reminds me of the Rooney situation right now. Rooney wants to leave United don't want to sell and in the Fabregas case could it be that Barcelona are willing to sell for the right price but the player wants to stay. And why haven't Barcelona rejected the United bid if they wanted him to stay?? Will both Rooney and Fabregas leave?

I don't think its the end of this saga not yet anyway. Long summer ahead!

Barca have already said he isnt for sale. Stop looking for something that isnt there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by xDave-
I think the Pogba situation is the biggest shame really, he'd have been an excellent fit. Lots of people seem to suggest he's greedy and there's nothing more we could've done, but I think it was handled very poorly; if I were Pogba and I saw players starting out of position in midfield instead of me, then I'd be pretty concerned about how valued I was too. He wasn't started in the Europa league either, or even the Carling cup, the greatest of all fodder competitions. There was talk of him being a kid that wasn't yet ready to play, but he managed to play in most of title winning Juve's games this season, in all competitions, without any issue.

I agree with you. He saw Anderson get minutes. That's already a joke. Then he saw Giggs constantly start in central midfield. Giggs is a legend, but I would rather give minutes to a guy that looks like he can develop into an amazing player than a guy that's near the end.

He made a good choice to leave. He's showing people how good he is now.

Latest