Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    Now the next press conference is going to be about Rooney and not about Fabregas.
    Fabregas wasn't going to happen anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    This transfer window keeps getting more and more hilarious. I'd drive Rooney there myself if it meant getting Mata but surely Chelsea aren't that stupid. Why on earth would they want rid of their best player from last season, and sell him to a domestic rival? and in what world are Mata and Luiz the same value?
    As I've just said on the Chelsea thread, I think these rumours are absolute nonsense. I think it's merely a ploy to generate interest, and that it's been published on the BBC only shows that the BBC are becoming just as likely as anyone else to print fabrications to get hits.

ReputationRep:
    I can't see how Mata + 10mil is true, I'd have bitten their hand of.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    You're also deluded.

I've just provided the skybet link.

Seriously, get off the Bayern bandwagon.
    I think had Real been like the 11/12 team and stuck together they would have won the cl as I think they did really well that season but bayern will be the team to beat this season think they're slightly above the spanish now but by a bit not a lot

ReputationRep:
    First of all Mata is seen to be not in Mourinho's plans. They just don't mix. Now Rooney is a player that they really need and will make the difference of winning the title for sure.

Now, Mourinho is making the most out of situation and is essentially in his eyes Mata + 10 million is a bargain as he does not need mata anyway!

So let us get it up to Mata+20 million.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU)
    First of all Mata is seen to be not in Mourinho's plans. They just don't mix. Now Rooney is a player that they really need and will make the difference of winning the title for sure.

Now, Mourinho is making the most out of situation and is essentially in his eyes Mata + 10 million is a bargain as he does not need mata anyway!

That would be a real **** up of a move seriously. Thats robbery haha!

ReputationRep:
    It can't be true. I'd give them Rooney and 10m for Mata.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU)

So you think we're getting fabregas and mata? Must be nice living in your fairy tale world :rofl:

That's also valuing Rooney, with two years on his contract, who wants to leave at like £60m

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what funnier, Chelsea's bid or the fact we rejected it!

Unless we expect more cash?

This transfer window gets weirder by the day

ReputationRep:
    Id of taken the mata and money for rooney and done a runner. If we have to get rid of rooney it opens up alot of options for swaps carzola? ozil? sweinstegger? modric? or even rooney plus cash for bale?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JM1987)
    If we have to get rid of rooney it opens up alot of options for swaps carzola? ozil? sweinstegger? modric? or even rooney plus cash for bale?
    No :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JM1987)
    Id of taken the mata and money for rooney and done a runner. If we have to get rid of rooney it opens up alot of options for swaps carzola? ozil? sweinstegger? modric? or even rooney plus cash for bale?
    Nah mate, this ain't Football Manager lol

ReputationRep:
    Mata would be sick... Could give a Valencia a run for his money.. He's a beast on the right... Interchange with Kags at ACM and he is younger that roo and their roughy the same level but mata will become much better

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wait, wait what? We rejected 10m + Mata? Mata is an easy 30m, so that would mean 40m for Rooney. Wow. I suppose we are trying to drive the price up even more?

Imagine Mata+Ramires+10m.

ReputationRep:
    How this transfer window is good for entertainment.

We can always dream of getting even more: £25m + Mata. :dice: But it won't happen.

ReputationRep:
    Sky saying that Chelsea have confirmed that they made an offer last night.

The Mata stuff that the media is reporting must be bull****, though. That guy was their best player.

Sky also confirm that Chelsea have not included any of their players in the offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Nah mate, this ain't Football Manager lol
    Im allowed to dream lol people would of laughed me off the thread if i said chelsea offered Mata for rooney. If arsenal want rooney id ask for a player

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    Sky saying that Chelsea have confirmed that they made an offer last night.

The Mata stuff that the media is reporting must be bull****, though. That guy was their best player.

Sky also confirm that Chelsea have not included any of their players in the offer.
    So it was just a cash offer of £10m? :colondollar:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    So it was just a cash offer of £10m? :colondollar:
    No idea, but I'd hope not!

They haven't said how much the bid was.

ReputationRep:
    #ThingsThatAngerAndConfuseWayneR ooney - Brown Soap

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.