Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)

I guess it is abit of covert payback although United say they only confirmed a bid. At this rate, they might prefer, if they have to sell Rooney to a PL club, to Arsenal than Chelsea.
    Surely if arsenal were after him this is their chance to make a bid?? Arsenal are all talk

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Sky News Newsdesk ‏@SkyNewsBreak 3m
    PA Sources: Man Utd Chief Executive Ed Woodward has left the club's tour of Australia early to carry out some urgent transfer business.

Probably trying to rope Scholes out of retirement

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    Surely if arsenal were after him this is their chance to make a bid?? Arsenal are all talk

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep, for all this "Arsenal are going to spend a crap load of money talk" we've seen nothing from them. Very much doubt they would pay the transfer fee and they certainly wouldn't pay his wages. The way I see it, Chelsea are literally the only viable option in England.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Sky News Newsdesk ‏@SkyNewsBreak 3m
    PA Sources: Man Utd Chief Executive Ed Woodward has left the club's tour of Australia early to carry out some urgent transfer business.

Probably trying to rope Scholes out of retirement
    Thank god, looks like there's finally some progress regarding the Baines transfer. Was beginning to worry...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Manchester United chief executive Ed Woodward leaves club's tour of Australia to address urgent transfer-related business. #MUFC

ReputationRep:
    "It would be great if Cesc Fabregas came here," said De Gea, quoted in the Daily Mail.

"He is a great player, very skilful, knows how to win things and you always want those type of players in your team."
    De Gea really does have spanish blood running through his veins, but I love how much he cares about the club.

ReputationRep:
    After just hearing Lewandowski's statement, I think Dortmund are going to be severely weakened this season. Obviously the loss of Gotze is going to affect them, but in addition to that, Lewandowski will surely not be as good as he was last season when his heart isn't in it.

For anyone who missed the statement, it was along the lines of 'I still have one year left on my contract, so I have to fulfil it, blah blah blah'. He has told Dortmund he wants to join Bayern. But it looks as if he will join Bayern next summer on a free.

This can only be good for us. Dortmund played some terrific football last season and would've probably beaten us. Hopefully this year, they'll fail in the group stages.

ReputationRep:
    Woodward on his way back and Mourinho saying that Rooney is Chelsea's only target. Looks like its happening now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    After just hearing Lewandowski's statement, I think Dortmund are going to be severely weakened this season. Obviously the loss of Gotze is going to affect them, but in addition to that, Lewandowski will surely not be as good as he was last season when his heart isn't in it.

For anyone who missed the statement, it was along the lines of 'I still have one year left on my contract, so I have to fulfil it, blah blah blah'. He has told Dortmund he wants to join Bayern. But it looks as if he will join Bayern next summer on a free.

This can only be good for us. Dortmund played some terrific football last season and would've probably beaten us. Hopefully this year, they'll fail in the group stages.
    Dortmund have just bought two fantastic players in Mkhitaryan and Aubameyang, the Greek defender they bought is also quality. The CEO stated they're going to buy another player as well, so I highly doubt they'd get knocked out at the group stages. They've still got one of the strongest first 11 in world football.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Woodward on his way back and Mourinho saying that Rooney is Chelsea's only target. Looks like its happening now.
    Apparently it's an incoming transfer.

Genuinely wouldn't be surprised if its Baines for circa £15m.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)

What makes you say this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)

If we were close to singing anyone then I think he would probably have stayed behind and joined up with the tour later. The Chelsea bid followed by Mourinho's comments then him flying back urgently a few hours later just seem like far too much of a coincidence as well.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...er-United.html

I know its the mail but if true best news I've heard in a while about United in a while. We need to keep our best dribbler in the side, though Zaha and Adnan may challenge him now.

ReputationRep:
    Seeing Rooney in a Chelsea shirt would just be so weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Seeing Rooney in a Chelsea shirt would just be so weird
    Especially because of the slim style of shirt they have.. wouldn't suit Rooney at all

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We play chelsea on august 26th so if it is going to happen we should delay it until after that game

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    What makes you say this?
    http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...rd-leaves-tour

ReputationRep:
    It's going to be Leon Osman.

ReputationRep:
    Rooney to Chelsea.. Ye let's strengthen a title challenger with the exact type of quality forward that would practically make them odds on title winners, like that would happen.

Highly doubt he would fly back to urgently sell a player like that, it will be an incoming transfer and it's going to either be Baines or someone crap like Osman, or even Garay and we are all going to have to take back our comments about that one single paper who kept reporting it.

ReputationRep:
    It's most likely related to the Rooney bid why he has left...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.