Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU)
    Manchester United chief executive Ed Woodward leaves club's tour of Australia to address urgent transfer-related business. #MUFC
    Why do people follow stuff like this so much, seriously who cares? It's very, very sad.

Just wait and see what happens instead of trawling the media looking for scraps.

Remember what Cantona said?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Michael McKean)
    Hernandez had a slightly better goal/game ratio last season than Rooney and yet Rooney is seen as the better player and given all the hype.
    The issue is that Rooney is capable of scoring against anyone, anyhow. With no offence to Hernandez in some of his matches if he comes across a defence who have figured his runs out he might as well go and get in the bath.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Yep, for all this "Arsenal are going to spend a crap load of money talk" we've seen nothing from them. Very much doubt they would pay the transfer fee and they certainly wouldn't pay his wages. The way I see it, Chelsea are literally the only viable option in England.
    What about a confirmed £30m bid for Suarez?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    They knew it would be rejected but wanted to appease the fans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    Was never going to be accepted. It does look like the club have pulled out of deals for Jovetic and Higuain because they were too expensive though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Seeing Rooney in a Chelsea shirt would just be so weird
    Same was said about RvP in a United shirt to be fair.

ReputationRep:
    RedCafe...

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    RedCafe...

Spoiler:
    Show
    Haha, that's a good one. Sums it up quite well!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys Whats Up?

I hear we are going to try and buy Cesc I doubt it will go trough but if it does that would be amazing.

I would be happy with this line up next year - Im placing Fabio there in case he has a "Rafael" Season next year.

De Gea
    Rafael Vidic/Rio Jones Fabio
    Carrick
    Nani Fabregas/Fellani Zaha/New Winger
    Kagawa
    RVP/Chicho

ReputationRep:
    Your squad would have been so much stronger with a Pogba/Carrick pairing in midfield.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tweek)
    Your squad would have been some much stronger with a Pogba/Carrick pairing in midfield.
    Pogba betrayed us

ReputationRep:
    Theres been no noise about Garay though...

I think it will be cesc, it's strange that barca haven't turned down the offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ledleyking123)

Not going to happen haven't you learnt from your Thiago disappointment yet :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ledleyking123)

Just because a club doesn't announce they've rejected an offer, it doesn't mean they haven't...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    Surely if arsenal were after him this is their chance to make a bid?? Arsenal are all talk

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You'd think so wouldn't you. I mean, it seems clear we don't want to sell him to Chelsea and you would have thought Arsenal would see a chance and also considering trying to use some leeway that they sold us RVP last summer etc and cosy up. Wenger seems interested in Rooney but I think he's put off by the wage demands hence he's going for Suarez because he feels he can pay the fee but have Luis on acceptable wages so it fits into their overall structure.

Woodward returning is, I imagine, to handle the Rooney situation as a senior figure needs to be here to handle any developments and I think possibly to bring Baines in. We were reported to be returning with a second bid and I think Everton are looking at a possible replacement so that's the one I'm predicting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Was never going to be accepted. It does look like the club have pulled out of deals for Jovetic and Higuain because they were too expensive though.
    More like not enough value, Arsenal are sitting on roughly 180m cash at the minute so there's probably not a player in the world we couldnt 'afford'. Still think Higuain will happen although tbh 40m for Suarez is much better value than Higuain for 25m all considered. Doubt we were ever in for Jovetic.

(Original post by manchesterunited15)
    They knew it would be rejected but wanted to appease the fans.
    So what, the way to appease the fans is to hype up our transfer kitty for literally months, bid for a load of top players to tease the fans and then sign nobody worth noting? What PR school did you attend? Wenger is just his usual cautious self but there'll be absolute carnage if he ends the window without spending big, to the extent that the fans wont want him to resign...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    More like not enough value, Arsenal are sitting on roughly 180m cash at the minute so there's probably not a player in the world we couldnt 'afford'. Still think Higuain will happen although tbh 40m for Suarez is much better value than Higuain for 25m all considered. Doubt we were ever in for Jovetic.
    How much money you have sat in your back is literally irrelevant, how much of it you are willing to spend is what matters. I do think you will spend more than you usually spend, but I very much doubt it will be the £70m or whatever it is some people are claiming. We will see though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kutta)
    Pogba betrayed us
    He felt betrayed by the management team. Swings and roundabouts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Haha, that's a good one. Sums it up quite well!
    I love how small Modric is compared to Fellaini. And how clueless Moysie looks. Spot on!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)

So what, the way to appease the fans is to hype up our transfer kitty for literally months, bid for a load of top players to tease the fans and then sign nobody worth noting? What PR school did you attend? Wenger is just his usual cautious self but there'll be absolute carnage if he ends the window without spending big, to the extent that the fans wont want him to resign...
    Hang on, I thought it was 150m a week ago? Or was it 120? I dunno, maybe its all bull and no one knows. :rolleyes:

And you still couldnt afford Messi.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.