Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Pep was only going to come out and say he wants Thiago if he was sure he was going to get him, negotiations would have been very close to completed at the time of his press conference.
    (Original post by moonmonkey812)
    Did moyes or anyone from united mention thiago? I think Pep only went public with Thiago when he knew the deal was more or less done behind the scenes
    Why are you trying to cover for Moyes failings? Pep was not always interested in buying Thiago that's a simple fact. You guys are trying to make out Moyes never had a chance to sign Thiago when he obviously did. You can't accept the fact that Moyes wasted time and didn't sign Thiago when he had the chance.

ReputationRep:
    Thiago admitted that he'd been speaking to Pep after the Euros so the latter had been able to speak to the player and obviously having connection with him at Barca was able to persuade him to Bayern. Moyes never had the chance to do that besides reportedly speaking to his father but it seems we waned off but that's done. Thiago's gone to Bayern and good luck to him.

Bale/Fabregas won't happen. It would be great, for sure but won't happen.

I still think our first major signing under the Moyes era will be from Merseyside.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    Why are you trying to cover for Moyes failings? Pep was not always interested in buying Thiago that's a simple fact. You guys are trying to make out Moyes never had a chance to sign Thiago when he obviously did. You can't accept the fact that Moyes wasted time and didn't sign Thiago when he had the chance.
    Why is this all Moyes' fault? You can't force a player to sign for a club.

It seems to me that he had already decided on Bayern and was just waiting for it to be finalised, so Pep could come out and give that press conference. It's naive to think Pep didn't speak to Thiago long before that, his brother is his agent after all.

ReputationRep:
    Do you seriously think Bayern only made a move for Thiago after Pep's announced interest and were able to wrap up his signature within what, 36 hours? Yeah, Pep got the idea of signing Thiago from some random journalist asking him if he was interested, before that he hadn't even considered him! :rolleyes:

Some transfers are kept secret better than others, just because a story didn't do the rounds on twitter it doesn't mean it didn't happen.

ReputationRep:
    Got a feeling that when I wake up at 4:30pm, this thread will be on page 350 :coma:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    1. Ambition
    2. Playing time
    3. Money
    4. Ambition
    Barca>United on all points.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think you understand what's involved in a transfer, its not just a case of ringing him up and saying "Fancy playing for me?" "Yeah okay" "Sweet, I'll email you a contract, sign on the dotted line". Pep wouldn't just announce his interest to the press before beginning the process either, what possible reason for doing that would he have? You're an idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Too many people deluded by Football Manager lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JM1987)
    Rumours of Bale and Modric... guess my ideas of them wasnt that stupid after all, if we sell rooney it can easily happen
    We've been linked to them before...it's just old rumours resurfacing...nothing to see here.

ReputationRep:
    Well, Martinez has said he's confident of keeping Baines and Fellaini :beard:http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...aini-will-stay

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't be suprised if Baines stays at Everton but I would be if Fellani does..

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I would welcome Fellaini for a reasonable fee as he's a good premier league player. But he cannot be our only CM signing. There needs to be a world class signing alongside him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Well, Martinez has said he's confident of keeping Baines and Fellaini :beard:http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...aini-will-stay
    There is hope

ReputationRep:
    Candreva would be a great signing if you get him.

Rather see him at United than Lazio

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonmonkey812)
    Genuine contempt? [url]

Not sure if this 2) and 3) really apply to Fabregas, at both United and Arsenal he'd be one of the first names on the teamsheet and on good money, the only difference is United are more capable of winning titles than Arsenal. He had 6 trophyless years there, does he really want to risk not winning anything again?
    To be fair he'd be rejoining an Arsenal who are in a very different situation to a few years ago. Every man and his dog knows about Arsenal's financial situation over the past 10 years, but they are now coming out of the other end . In itself, buying Cesc back would signal a change in philosophy and financial strength.

ReputationRep:
    Heard that Ed Woodward is back to land Bale for £60m. Would be nice, but doubt it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami')
    Heard that Ed Woodward is back to land Bale for £60m. Would be nice, but doubt it
    if he can get bale for 60m, and offload rooney for 30+

I will call him a god...

sadly I really doubt this would happen

(still would need a CM as well)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami')
    Not a chance. Whenever Bale moves it will be a massively long and drawn out bidding war.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Not a chance. Whenever Bale moves it will be a massively long and drawn out bidding war.
    Agreed, as soon as any club hears that we have placed a bid for bale, itl just be squashed by a bigger bid either from real madrid, PSG, monnoco or city

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    Barca>United on all points.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by UniMastermindBOSS)
    Candreva would be a great signing if you get him.

Rather see him at United than Lazio
    Really like what I've seen of him. Can play in a few positions too.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.