Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    I'd quite like to see Januzaj too. Some fresh faces on the wings in him and Zaha could be quite exciting after a bit of a dreary year in those positions.

Just wondering, I notice a lot of you call Januzaj "Adnan". Is that what he wears on his shirt or are you all just on first name terms with him?
    I don't know what he wears on the back, the only time I've ever seen the back of his shirt is in the Singha XI game, but his name was in Thai language. The commentators kept saying 'Adnan', maybe because it's easier to say.

But yes, I'd like to see Zaha and Januzaj this year, they may even make Nani, Young and Valencia play better.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah - Adnan had "Adnan" on his back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    I don't know what he wears on the back, the only time I've ever seen the back of his shirt is in the Singha XI game, but his name was in Thai language. The commentators kept saying 'Adnan', maybe because it's easier to say.

But yes, I'd like to see Zaha and Januzaj this year, they may even make Nani, Young and Valencia play better.
    Well Nani, anytime he's played has been shoved against RM, chelski type teams and was asked to plug out an amazing performance. Didn't perform so was dropped straight away. Didn't really have a chance in the team. Valencia and Young mind you, both horrendous players and I hope Zaha gives them two a run for their money this season. I wanna see Zaha on the left, Nani right!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Have a feeling that Valencia will be back to his best this year. Nani is still our best player on his day. :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    He's a very good player and deserves a chance in the team. I hated how Sir Alex would drop him after one bad performance. Other players got away with having multiple bad ones in a row.
    I think that's probably because when any old player messes up, it's usually because they just made a mistake. But when Nani messes up, it's because he's done something selfish, which makes us all angry and confused.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else watching the friendly?

Were playing very well so far. 2-0, goals from Lingard and Welbeck.

Lingard looks a good player.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    Anyone else watching the friendly?

Were playing very well so far. 2-0, goals from Lingard and Welbeck.

Lingard looks a good player.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I am. Welbeck could have had a hat trick if he took his chances, his been one on one with the keeper a couple of times but missed both times. I'm impressed with Lingard as well looks a good prospect. Although I have no idea why Giggs is getting another game when Adnan should have been more game time. Probably cause the crowd want to see him play.

ReputationRep:
    I'm liking our pressing game. We aren't giving them much time on their side of the pitch.

Lingard is looking pretty good and Welbeck actually scored!

ReputationRep:
    What a finish by Lingard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    Yeah I am. Welbeck could have had a hat trick if he took his chances, his been one on one with the keeper a couple of times but missed both times. I'm impressed with Lingard as well looks a good prospect. Although I have no idea why Giggs is getting another game when Adnan should have been more game time. Probably cause the crowd want to see him play.
    Lingard is running the show! Wonderful goal.

RVP is coming on :sexface:

Posted from TSR Mobile

No doubt this will be taken off YouTube soon, but what a goal from Lingard

ReputationRep:
      Lingard, Zaha and Januzaj have all been bloody great!

ReputationRep:
      Welbeck actually scored a brace. Has he ever done that before?

ReputationRep:
      That Lingard goal was great. Loving all of these younger guys. They're all playing some good stuff.

RVP also only played for 20 minutes or so and made us look a lot more dangerous.

ReputationRep:
      RVP got man of the match! lol apparently that was the fans vote

ReputationRep:
      Lingard, Powell, Januzaj and Zaha. Can't wait for these four to make it big.

ReputationRep:
      Just saw this on the Daily Mail comments page:

'That's the way Zaha Zaha I like it'

:rofl3:

ReputationRep:
      The mix of passing with Zaha, Adnan and a few others in the last 10 minutes was gorgeous. I could watch Januzaj on the ball all day, very technically gifted.

Lingard impressive as he was last tour. He isn't the most gifted player but you have to wonder if he can make it for us through hard work, the type Neville always said set him above the rest.

I think it's really good that the better younger players are impressing in their first chances to show Moyes what they can do, although Keane was very rusty when he came on.

ReputationRep:
      Where does adnan play

ReputationRep:
      Breaking news: Manchester United have made an improved bid of £30million plus add ons for Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas.

Source: Sky sports

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.