Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    Breaking news: Manchester United have made an improved bid of £30million plus add ons for Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas.

Source: Sky sports
    Not enough. Won't happen :lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ledleyking123)
    Where does adnan play
    Attacking midfielder who can play wide

ReputationRep:
    if rooney does go - what other players do united have to play AM, bar kagawa?

cant think of any? unless im missing someone -- that would seem to give adnan a good shot to get some decent game time, as kagawa's back up/rotation...

(ofcourse if fab came, or another mid, this could chance somewhat)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)

cant think of any? unless im missing someone -- that would seem to give adnan a good shot to get some decent game time, as kagawa's back up/rotation...

I'm sure Powell is more of an attacking midfielder

ReputationRep:

Lingard is another option. Although, Januzaj>Lingard in my opinion.

Cleverley would also be happy play CAM if Carrick/Fabregas in CM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Not enough. Won't happen :lol:
    It's not even close, is it? I'd expect to be paying at least £45m for Febregas, maybe more. He's a very good player, a decent age, on a long contract and Barca don't need to sell. It's an insulting offer tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    It's not even close, is it? I'd expect to be paying at least £45m for Febregas, maybe more. He's a very good player, a decent age, on a long contract and Barca don't need to sell. It's an insulting offer tbh.
    Not only because of the price but also the bid has come in one day after the cancer ridden manager left the club. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheInvincibles14)
    Not only because of the price but also the bid has come in one day after the cancer ridden manager left the club. Leaves a bad taste in the mouth.
    Yeah, I thought that at first too, but business is business. Sentiment won't win you prizes, I'm afraid.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    Yeah, I thought that at first too, but business is business. Sentiment won't win you prizes, I'm afraid.
    I have no problems with that United bid before they knew Vilanova had relapsed just it won't happen don't know what Moyes thinks he can do but it won't go through unless Barcelona are suddenly signing Gundogan then... :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami')
    I'm sure Powell is more of an attacking midfielder

(Original post by Manchester United)
    Lingard is another option. Although, Januzaj>Lingard in my opinion.

Cleverley would also be happy play CAM if Carrick/Fabregas in CM
    would be happy seeing any of powell lingard and januzaj being given some more time - all seem very promising young players!

(though out of them januzaj does seem the one to be a little bit special..)

- little more worried if cleverly was stuck at CAM for a number of games... he deosnt really seem that technical and precise..

ReputationRep:
    would be happy seeing any of powell lingard and januzaj being given some more time - all seem very promising young players!

(though out of them januzaj does seem the one to be a little bit special..)

- little more worried if cleverly was stuck at CAM for a number of games... he deosnt really seem that technical and precise..
    Or in worst case scenario, we could just throw Rafael in CAM.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    I have no problems with that United bid before they knew Vilanova had relapsed just it won't happen don't know what Moyes thinks he can do but it won't go through unless Barcelona are suddenly signing Gundogan then... :dontknow:
    I don't understand why we're not after Gundogan instead of Cesc, he's younger and will be cheaper though Cesc is better, I hope Moyes knows something we don't as it's not great bidding for a player when he & the club don't want the transfer especially after yesterdays events.

If Barca sell Cesc without a manager, surely Cesc would've wanted out, as Barca will have no back up for any midfield injuries.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what United are thinking unless there's something going on behind the scenes that we are unaware of. Why would United bid for someone who's clearly indicated that he wants to stay and Barca wanting to keep him?

I think theres more to this story then what we are hearing. Otherwise no way would United would have made a bid and Ed Woodward leaving the tour early. And have Barca rejected the bid yet?

Then theres the complication of the buy out clause with Arsenal............this gets more complicated as you dig deeper. Really unusual from United.

ReputationRep:
    No idea if the guy on Sky Sports News is reliable, but he believes that we can buy Fabregas for £35M. Supposedly Fabregas is happy to come back to England and play for United.

ReputationRep:
    All these people that are adamant Fabregas won't happen, you need to consider this is football! Anything can happen. I agree that it it is unlikely but I can't help thinking Moyes must know something we don't. He's not an idiot and this story won't go away.

Whatever Barca say is irrelevant. Tottenham said Modric would not be sold under any circumstances. Wenger was adamant RVP was going nowhere. It happens all the time. Andy Carroll denied he would leave Newcastle saying to the press “If I could stay here forever I’d be happy. “I’ve always said that. This is my hometown and the club I have supported since I was young. “It’s always been my ambition to score the goals I know I can and wear the No 9 shirt, and that’s what I intend to keep on doing.” He was gone within 24 hours.

The point is clubs and players lie. But money talks. And Moyes sounds like he is prepared to pay big money to get the best players. Are we all saying if a bid of £45 million is made nether Fabregas or Barca won't give it a second thought?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    I don't know what United are thinking unless there's something going on behind the scenes that we are unaware of. Why would United bid for someone who's clearly indicated that he wants to stay and Barca wanting to keep him?

I think theres more to this story then what we are hearing. Otherwise no way would United would have made a bid and Ed Woodward leaving the tour early. And have Barca rejected the bid yet?

Then theres the complication of the buy out clause with Arsenal............this gets more complicated as you dig deeper. Really unusual from United.
    What's with everyone saying "is there something happening behind the scenes?"

Of course there is stuff happening, do you really expect to be in the know-how with the United board?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hayles101)
    All these people that are adamant Fabregas won't happen, you need to consider this is football! Anything can happen. I agree that it it is unlikely but I can't help thinking Moyes must know something we don't. He's not an idiot and this story won't go away.

Whatever Barca say is irrelevant. Tottenham said Modric would not be sold under any circumstances. Wenger was adamant RVP was going nowhere. It happens all the time. Andy Carroll denied he would leave Newcastle saying to the press “If I could stay here forever I’d be happy. “I’ve always said that. This is my hometown and the club I have supported since I was young. “It’s always been my ambition to score the goals I know I can and wear the No 9 shirt, and that’s what I intend to keep on doing.” He was gone within 24 hours.

The point is clubs and players lie. But money talks. And Moyes sounds like he is prepared to pay big money to get the best players. Are we all saying if a bid of £45 million is made nether Fabregas or Barca won't give it a second thought?
    I agree with the fact thats theres more to this than Barca are letting on. On the Carroll transfer I think he would have stayed at Newcastle if they didn't want to sell him. And Newcastle just couldn't reject a bid of £35 million!! So thats why he left.

And I'm not saying that Barca won't except such a bid (IMO I think they will) but like I said Arsenal have first choice and they wouldn't hesitate to bring him back. So thats a major factor that would stop United buying Fabregas and not the money involved.

ReputationRep:
    Moyes must know something we don't. He's not an idiot and this story won't go away.
    Most likely.

Well, Modric and RVP clearly wanted to leave. What their clubs say is kind of irrelevant. It's like how we said that we'd never sell Ronaldo to Madrid, but did it anyway. He was always going to there. Carroll was a bit of a **** to say that just before leaving. If a bigger team comes in for a player, I still expect them to be hyprocites and go against what they've said.

I just find it hard to understand why Fabregas would want to leave Barcelona. They're an amazing club and his home town one.

The only strange thing to me is that Barca haven't come out and said he isn't for sale. All they've said is Fabregas has told them that he doesn't want to leave. Money is the only reason why I can see him wanting to come here, but he already came out and said that money wasn't an issue a few weeks back.

ReputationRep:

Ditto. I'd like to think we're not bidding just for the bants. I hope that there's something beneath the surface and that the rhetoric from the Barca camp is just a way of not driving the price down. He'd be silly to rejoin Arsenal, unless he misses failure. :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    We are getting fabregas there's no way we would keep bidding if it isn't true

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.