Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami')
    What's with everyone saying "is there something happening behind the scenes?"

Of course there is stuff happening, do you really expect to be in the know-how with the United board?
    Not the United board no but I'm only basing my opinion on what I've heard/read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    The only strange thing to me is that Barca haven't come out and said he isn't for sale. All they've said is Fabregas has told them that he doesn't want to leave. Money is the only reason why I can see him wanting to come here, but he already came out and said that money wasn't an issue a few weeks back.
    Mate they have come out and said that he isn't for sale. Heres the link:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8831144/barcelona-say-manchester-united-target-cesc-fabregas-is-not-for-sale

From what I've read I don't think they've rejected the bid yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ledleyking123)
    We are getting fabregas there's no way we would keep bidding if it isn't true
    My god :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    I agree with the fact thats theres more to this than Barca are letting on. On the Carroll transfer I think he would have stayed at Newcastle if they didn't want to sell him. And Newcastle just couldn't reject a bid of £35 million!! So thats why he left.

And I'm not saying that Barca won't except such a bid (IMO I think they will) but like I said Arsenal have first choice and they wouldn't hesitate to bring him back. So thats a major factor that would stop United buying Fabregas and not the money involved.
    I agree that is an issue. They would almost do it to spite us after RVP. However will they come up with the funds when they are desperate for a striker, I don't know.

(Original post by NathanW18)

Well, Modric and RVP clearly wanted to leave. What their clubs say is kind of irrelevant. It's like how we said that we'd never sell Ronaldo to Madrid, but did it anyway. He was always going to there. Carroll was a bit of a **** to say that just before leaving. If a bigger team comes in for a player, I still expect them to be hyprocites and go against what they've said.

I just find it hard to understand why Fabregas would want to leave Barcelona. They're an amazing club and his home town one.

The only strange thing to me is that Barca haven't come out and said he isn't for sale. All they've said is Fabregas has told them that he doesn't want to leave. Money is the only reason why I can see him wanting to come here, but he already came out and said that money wasn't an issue a few weeks back.
    It's being reported that he would come to us now which makes sense given that we won't just give up. Surely we must think he's interested. Though you never know you hear all sorts, it could be rubbish.

There is a lot of confusion about why he would go as contrary to what people say, I believe he has actually played a lot of games for Barca last season. But we're a big club and maybe he wants to come back to England. RVP could definitely be a factor in the decision. And the bottom line is if he would prefer to play in England for whatever reason, we're the ones that have bid. Not Arsenal. He would be the star of the show along side RVP here, at a club like Barca with Messi, Xavi, Inesita etc, your just anybody.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder whether Adnan and Lingard would have got a start if SAF was still here, maybe a 45min run out or a 20min at the end but glad that Moyes is giving these guys game time. I hope he's not doing it because he feels he has to, to live up to his promise of giving young players a chance and that he really sees them being involved with the first team. Belter from Lingard.

On Cesc - the add ons stipulation is a tad insulting. No way at Barcelona going to accept that. They'd have a slightly better chance if they just dropped £35m on the table rather than £30m and add ons. Barcelona's lack of public rejection of a bid on top of their comments on wanting Cesc to stay and the player wanting to stay would kill off interest. Like I said before, seemz bizarre we would chase after a dead horse without having some inclining that maybe, they would listen to a good offer.

ReputationRep:
    if we have upped our offer it is most likely therefore that the first one was rejected

ReputationRep:
    Cesc said something a long while back about staying but he isn't anymore. Barca have masc, xavi, busquets, robert and song who can play cm. cesc is on his way to Ot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    Mate they have come out and said that he isn't for sale. Heres the link:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12691/8831144/barcelona-say-manchester-united-target-cesc-fabregas-is-not-for-sale

From what I've read I don't think they've rejected the bid yet.
    Ah, thank you. It's hard to keep up with all of this!

The last I heard from them was that Fabregas had told them that he wanted to stay.

(Original post by hayles101)
    It's being reported that he would come to us now which makes sense given that we won't just give up. Surely we must think he's interested. Though you never know you hear all sorts, it could be rubbish.

There is a lot of confusion about why he would go as contrary to what people say, I believe he has actually played a lot of games for Barca last season. But we're a big club and maybe he wants to come back to England. RVP could definitely be a factor in the decision. And the bottom line is if he would prefer to play in England for whatever reason, we're the ones that have bid. Not Arsenal. He would be the star of the show along side RVP here, at a club like Barca with Messi, Xavi, Inesita etc, your just anybody.
    Yeah, I don't see why we would bid if he really didn't want to join us. I'm just trying to understand why he does want to.

He did play a lot of games and he will continue to do that. Xavi is getting older and won't be able to play 50 games a season.

RVP could be a factor. Playing in England also could be, too. I don't know. I'm just trying to understand it, based on what he's said to the media. He will be one of the stars here. That's a great point. I hadn't even considered that. He will know that we desperately need a player like him in our team.

ReputationRep:
    Cesc said something a long while back about staying but he isn't anymore. Barca have masc, xavi, busquets, robert and song who can play cm. cesc is on his way to Ot
    A long while back is less than a week now? Mascherano plays as a CB, biscuits and song play DM, and by Robert do you mean Sergio Roberto who is a kid who has less than a handful of appearances?

ReputationRep:
    Keep kidding yourself. Masch hasn't played CDM let alone CM for us in ages, Song isn't either and Roberto sucks . Load of nonsense.

ReputationRep:
    Song, Mascherano, Busquets are DM's. They are hardly a threat to Fabregas.

Iniesta/Xavi are the ones who Fabregas would probably replace in a match or is seen as future contender to be their permanent replacements. Fabregas played a quite number of games for Barca last year but probably not in his preferred position which I imagine, he's not too chuffed about but knows he'll be able to get that slot in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Once again:
    1)Cesc has has said he wants to stay at Barca.
    2)Barca just sold Thiago and Xavi is 33. The new manager will probably use Cesc more anyway.
    3)Cesc is very unlikely to want to play for Utd or Moyes. He's always said he would only play for Arsenal in the EPL and has a history of throwing pizza at Fergie etc. Not to mention that Utd are not likely to win the EPL for a few years tbh.
    4)Arsenal have first refusal so even if Barca accepted a bid, Arsenal are first in the queue. Cesc regularly 'likes' photos of himself at Arsenal on instagram and has regularly attended games at the Emirates since he left. He has describes Wenger as the most important person in his life after his parents(met with him regularly during Euro 2012 for example) and he's best mates with Rosicky/Wilshere/etc, not to mention the Spanish contingent at Arsenal. Also his sister lives in London and he has spoken of missing the city.

So, I have absolutely no idea why you lot are discussing a transfer. Moyes is just going to get humiliated again tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Also, Fabregas just unfollowed RVP on twitter. ROFL. They never got on at Arsenal apparently anyway.

The 'little boy' inside Cesc was the 16 year old Wenger put in the first team...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Once again:
    2)Barca just sold Thiago and Xavi is 33. The new manager will probably use Cesc more anyway.
    3)Cesc is very unlikely to want to play for Utd or Moyes. He's always said he would only play for Arsenal in the EPL and has a history of throwing pizza at Fergie etc. Not to mention that Utd are not likely to win the EPL for a few years tbh.
    4)Arsenal have first refusal so even if Barca accepted a bid, Arsenal are first in the queue. Cesc regularly 'likes' photos of himself at Arsenal on instagram and has regularly attended games at the Emirates since he left. He has describes Wenger as the most important person in his life after his parents(met with him regularly during Euro 2012 for example) and he's best mates with Rosicky/Wilshere/etc, not to mention the Spanish contingent at Arsenal. Also his sister lives in London and he has spoken of missing the city.

So, I have absolutely no idea why you lot are discussing a transfer. Moyes is just going to get humiliated again tbh.
    Lol. Bit embarrassing really. Sounds like someone is a bit scared of something that the club clearly thinks can happen.

1) Literally means nothing. Players very rarely publicly admit their desire to leave amongst transfer negotiations, that's just a fact. Stop using this as a point, it's terrible.

2) Speculation. New manager = new worries for a while you have no idea what his plans will be or Cescs thoughts about that.

3) Embarrassing. He would clearly like to play for Manchester United, 99% of the players in the world would, just like they would other top teams. Bit funny using the lack of clear title chances as a reason why many Arsenal fans think he would chose them instead. United have just as much chance of winning the title as Chelsea or City, that won't stop players signing for any of them.

4) You need to clue yourself up on the facts about first refusal, it is up to £25m I believe. And all of the rest of that paragraph was rambling crap. This is their career, they will do what is best for their career, as shown by the many players who move to other clubs and not the one they support, players who move to domestic or European rivals, players who leave the club they love for a different challenge etc.

Your naivety is embarrassing. Keep your pitiful and unintelligent points to Arsenal discussions where you can cry about the legit and real chance of Manchester United improving with another player who left you, we would not have bid twice if there was no chance, it is that simple.

ReputationRep:
    So we're using activity on social networking sites as back up to our argument now?

Ok, RVP is unhappy, he hasn't tweeted since joining us.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Lol. Bit embarrassing really. Sounds like someone is a bit scared of something that the club clearly thinks can happen.

1) Literally means nothing. Players very rarely publicly admit their desire to leave amongst transfer negotiations, that's just a fact. Stop using this as a point, it's terrible.

2) Speculation. New manager = new worries for a while you have no idea what his plans will be or Cescs thoughts about that.

3) Embarrassing. He would clearly like to play for Manchester United, 99% of the players in the world would, just like they would other top teams. But funny using the lack of clear title chances as a reason why many Arsenal fans think he would chose them instead. United have just as much chance of winning the title as Chelsea or City, that won't stop players signing for any of them.

4) You need to clue yourself up on the facts about first refusal, it is up to £25m I believe. And all of the rest of that paragraph was rambling crap. This is their career, they will do what is best for their career, as shown by the many players who move to other clubs and not the one they support, players who move to domestic or European rivals, players who leave the club they love for a different challenge etc.

Your naivety is embarrassing.
    Mate, the facts are that Utd are not going to win the title in the near future with Moyes. Why would Cesc sign up for that when he's got potential CLs at Barca? He never liked Man Utd and I doubt he wants to fight it out for 3rd with you lot tbh. Also, he has said he wants to stay at Barca. What part of that do you lot not get?

The fact is he considers Wenger to be like a father and he knows most of the Arsenal squad. He still attends Arsenal matches ffs. He loves London and his sis lives here. He's always said that he'd only play for Arsenal in the EPL and I consider Cesc to be a man of integrity, he wouldnt be getting a huge pay off live RVP did either.

Arsenal have first refusal on Fabregas. This is a fact. If Barca accept a bid, then its with Arsenal that they'll be negotiating first.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know why Arsenal fans expect Fabregas to say no to United out of some kind of loyalty to Arsenal. Players as a whole don't seem to be that loyal any more.

If he doesn't come here (which I still don't think he will), it's got nothing to do with Arsenal.

ReputationRep:
    Once again:

I think you're on the wrong tread mate. I was just talking to an Arsenal fan and he said that Arsenal would find Fabregas too 'expensive' and you already have Diaby. LOL. Even though Wenger has spoken out about it seems like most Arsenal fans feel that he wouldn't buy him back for some reason. So instead of trying to explain it to United fans why he won't come to us explain it to your own fans. Since I think most United fans already know that its unlikely to happen anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Once again:

If it happens, and we wouldn't be stupid enough to bid again without there at least being something in it, you will feel pretty damn embarrassed. And I will quote so no one forgets

ReputationRep:
    I think somebody is forgetting that footballers are professionals and not football fans, the vast majority of them do what is best for their careers and forget about rivalries and other things they see as trivial (see Ashley Cole, Sol Campbell, RvP to name some related to Arsenal). United are in a far better position to challenge for Silverware than Arsenal, just like your first refusal that is a fact, and first refusals mean little in football.

That said he's not leaving Barcelona and United fans should stop talking about it, Arsenal fans should go back and enjoy fantasizing about Suarez and Rooney, it won't be long until the crushing realisation that you've already signed your striker this window, and he's just another French kid.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.