Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Lmao, shocking counterarguments by Tommy. 2-0 to Zurich.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    and the fact that Utd are as far away from the title as Arsenal are
    The PL champions are as far away from the title as a team who hasn't won anything for 8 years and just about managed to scrape 4th place by a point on the last day of the season? Delusion at its finest.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lols. Arsenal troll comes over to rant about Fabregas and clauses, gets those very clauses completely wrong, and now the new troll comes out to play. Bless.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    When you say Utd, are you talking about Newcastle United? Because the Manchester United I know are more than capable of winning the title, and contenders for the CL.
    Be realistic you are not contenders for the CL... not in the first year at least

ReputationRep:
    Since Arsenal last won a trophy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Lols. Arsenal troll comes over to rant about Fabregas and clauses, gets those very clauses completely wrong, and now the new troll comes out to play. Bless.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Since Arsenal last won a trophy
    ]
    Nice one. Good to see your optimistic under Moyes then, I'm sure he'll be every bit as successful as Fergie has been.

Utd definitely will be up there with Bayern/Barca for the CL as well and player for player Utd are every bit as good as Chelsea/City anyway. Fabregas would be mad not to sign up to play with Welbeck, Valencia and Evans every week. :rolleyes:

(Original post by Manchester United)
    When you say Utd, are you talking about Newcastle United? Because the Manchester United I know are more than capable of winning the title, and contenders for the CL.
    Behave. Utd have absolutely no chance in the CL. Even if Fergie was still around,your squad is way off the best teams in Europe and Moyes has absolutely no Europea experience other than losing a qualifying game once.

If you honestly have the mentality that you should be competing for the CL then Moyes has no hope. Going to be fun watching you lot though...

ReputationRep:
    Nice one. Good to see your optimistic under Moyes then, I'm sure he'll be every bit as successful as Fergie has been.

Utd definitely will be up there with Bayern/Barca for the CL as well and player for player Utd are every bit as good as Chelsea/City anyway. :rolleyes:
    Yeah, I'd say Utd are 3rd favourites, Chelsea and City first/second.

ReputationRep:

Utd definitely will be up there with Bayern/Barca for the CL as well and player for player Utd are every bit as good as Chelsea/City anyway. :rolleyes:
    Never said any of those things. Just trying to demonstrate the gulf between our two clubs, the one that your affinity to Arsenal has blinded you from seeing.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know what's more hilarious, the fact that Arsenal fans keep raving about their 'cash reserves' or the fact that they're claiming that the current champions are unlikely contenders for the title.

Just shows how desperate Arsenal fans have become when you haven't won a trophy for 8 years

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Yeah, I'd say Utd are 3rd favourites, Chelsea and City first/second.
    Yeah spot on. But ther' a huge gap in the quality of CFC/MCFC's squad/manager. Utd fans seem to have forgotten that instead of Ferguson, they now have Moyes. They're not used to being 3rd best and its killing them. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Again, what exactly is the attraction of Fabregas to Utd, even ignoring everything else? Utd wont win the title this season and definitely wont win the CL.

What exactly is Moyes' pitch to Cesc? :rolleyes:
    Yeah, the team that finished 11 points clear last season has absolutely no chance this season :rolleyes: Yes Fergie was important but come on.

ReputationRep:
    Urgh, going to come back to this thread in a few hours. Hopefully by then Zurich will have stopped spouting ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Yeah, the team that finished 11 points clear last season has absolutely no chance this season. :rolleyes: Yes Fergie was important but come on.
    The league last year was of atrocious quality. Chelsea under Mourinho with their squad and City will be entirely different prospects. And Fergie was an unbelievable manager.

It wouldnt be a staggering shock to see you win it this season, but Moyes would be doing unbelievably well to win in with your squad and in his first year. Just a fact.

And talking of the CL is ludicrous tbh.

ReputationRep:
    manchester utd probs wnt win premier league thiis yr. with what, under Moyes leadership. fergueson Cant be bet and thats a fact. this years PL season was awesom, i cnt say much about ManUTD future apart it being a downfall

ReputationRep:

Utd definitely will be up there with Bayern/Barca for the CL as well and player for player Utd are every bit as good as Chelsea/City anyway. Fabregas would be mad not to sign up to play with Welbeck, Valencia and Evans every week. :rolleyes:

Behave. Utd have absolutely no chance in the CL. Even if Fergie was still around,your squad is way off the best teams in Europe and Moyes has absolutely no Europea experience other than losing a qualifying game once.

If you honestly have the mentality that you should be competing for the CL then Moyes has no hope. Going to be fun watching you lot though...
    Hey Evans is a great player better than every Arsenal defender and was better than every Barca defender last season, Welbeck may not be world class but is a good squad player and Valencia was a beast a season before last. All 3 of these players would be welcomed at Arsenal, especially Evans.

ReputationRep:
    This thread's really gone downhill these last months since many of the old regulars have left.

No offence to those remaining, just frustrated and bored at the Arsenal crap (both sides) and in fighting.

Yeah spot on. But ther' a huge gap in the quality of CFC/MCFC's squad/manager. Utd fans seem to have forgotten that instead of Ferguson, they now have Moyes. They're not used to being 3rd best and its killing them. :rolleyes:
    Who knows how City's signings will settle, and how the mananger will adept to the Premier League. As important as SAF was (and he will be missed greatly), at least Moyes has PL experience and delivered consistently.

As for the state of our current squad, there's still well over a month of transfer window left. One never knows.
    I think the title is probably between the three, with us perhaps third favourites (just about), but to suggest we have no chance of winning the title is a clear exaggeration.

ReputationRep:
    i hope manchester United have a successful future and achieve success in every aspect including PL and CL

ReputationRep:
    Manchester City is not really a scare. lets hope they can Secure Tottenhams player Bale onto the squad.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.