Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Manchester United Thread X Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...chester-united

Just hand in an official transfer request instead of playing these media games you greedy ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Bookies have Arsenal at 6/4 and Utd at 9/4. Needless to say Barca are at 1/5...

But obviously Utd fans know better.
    Talking about delusional fans this is what Zurich was talking about on the Arsenal thread just yesterday.

‘There are no obvious targets in the EPL other than Suarez left and looking round Europe I can only think of Lewandowski as someone who we might have a shot at getting. Mayve Ibra as well if he's pissed off with the Cavani signing.’

:rofl3: hahahahhahahahahhahahaha

Oh god! Let me show you the odds for Suarez, Lewandowski and Ibrahimovich according to SkyBet:

Lets start with Suarez:

Real Madrid 13/8
    Arsenal 11/4
    Bayern Munich 9/2

According to this we have better odds of getting Fabregas than you getting Suarez!

Lewandowski

Bayern Munich 5/2
    Manchester United 5/1
    Manchester City 7/1

LOL and you must be thinking wheres Arsenal well they’re 66/1 to sign him :rofl2:. We have better odds of getting him than you have!

And finally Ibrahimovich

Real Madrid 11/4
    Manchester City 4/1
    Chelsea 7/1

And do you really want to know where Arsenal are? (50/1 if you really care). Even United are better with odds of 40/1.

And lets go further and look at the Fabregas odds today

Manchester United 11/8
    Arsenal 3/1

So according to this you must agree that Fabregas is going to United then? No I thought so!

Odds don’t really tell you anything in my opinion one day it could tell you that they have suspended betting for that player to go to a certain team and the next thing you know they’re at a completely different team. All they care about is making money, give the odds, take the money and cash in.

ReputationRep:
    No point putting so much emphasis on articles that involve a writer saying 'it is understood..'.

Likely just the writer trying to make something out of nothing with his own views tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    Going out in the knockout rounds on away goals to the eventual winner, or going out in the group stage and winning the second rate competition for teams that aren't good enough for the champions league. Yes, better.

Any team that gets out of the group stage of the CL does better than every team in the EL, because it's something that none of the teams in the EL can do.
    Winning a trophy, even if it's the Europa League which has some good teams in it > Getting nowhere near winning the Champions League.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    Winning a trophy, even if it's the Europa League which has some good teams in it > Getting nowhere near winning the Champions League.
    So Bradford (league 2 playoff winners) are better than Sunderland (getting nowhere near winning the Premier League)?

ReputationRep:
    Any more on cesc why aren't barca rejecting haha
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    I think if I were a Arsenal fan I would be really worried where a decent striker is actually gonna come from.
    Starting to think this whole ''we'll spend money'' is just a ploy by the Arsenal board to shift more season tickets, it's obvious that Suarez is nothing more than a PR exercise (as I believe Fabregas is with us). It was silly of them coming out and saying they have lots of money as any club/agent with half a brain will subsequently inflate fees as Madrid have done with Higuain.

Wenger's contract runs out next summer and there is no guarentee Arsenal will be in the Champions League - I wonder if that's putting off any potential signings?

Your manager doesn't seem to agree...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/footbal...ce=twitterfeed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ledleyking123)
    Because their manager just left to recover from cancer maybe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Starting to think this whole ''we'll spend money'' is just a ploy by the Arsenal board to shift more season tickets, it's obvious that Suarez is nothing more than a PR exercise (as I believe Fabregas is with us). It was silly of them coming out and saying they have lots of money as any club/agent with half a brain will subsequently inflate fees as Madrid have done with Higuain.

Wenger's contract runs out next summer and there is no guarentee Arsenal will be in the Champions League - I wonder if that's putting off any potential signings?

Your manager doesn't seem to agree...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/footbal...ce=twitterfeed
    Mourinho's not always right

ReputationRep:
    So Bradford (league 2 playoff winners) are better than Sunderland (getting nowhere near winning the Premier League)?
    The quality difference between the Premiership and League Two is enormous. The difference between the better teams in the Europa League and those in the knockout stages of the CL is not a lot. You say that Arsenal had a better season, but that's so difficult to justify. They had an easier CL group, and we were unbeaten against them all season, so just because they lost to Bayern they had a better European season. No.

Are you 15 or something. The Bradford-Sunderland example is an utterly stupid one.

ReputationRep:
    The quality difference between the Premiership and League Two is enormous. The difference between the better teams in the Europa League and those in the knockout stages of the CL is not a lot. You say that Arsenal had a better season, but that's so difficult to justify. They had an easier CL group, and we were unbeaten against them all season, so just because they lost to Bayern they had a better European season. No.

Are you 15 or something. The Bradford-Sunderland example is an utterly stupid one.
    You're the one that said "winning a trophy > getting nowhere near winning the CL." Bradford won a trophy. The PL is worse than the CL. I'm just using what you said.

The teams in the Europa League either couldn't get into the CL in the first place, or fell at the first hurdle. How could beating them possibly be better than actually getting past the first hurdle?

You beat Sparta Prague, Steaua Bucharest, Rubin Kazan, Basel and Benfica.

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
    You're the one that said "winning a trophy > getting nowhere near winning the CL." Bradford won a trophy. The PL is worse than the CL. I'm just using what you said.

The teams in the Europa League either couldn't get into the CL in the first place, or fell at the first hurdle. How could beating them possibly be better than actually getting past the first hurdle?

You beat Sparta Prague, Steaua Bucharest, Rubin Kazan, Basel and Benfica.

:rofl:
    I meant that Bradford had a better season, but Sunderland had a better season. It's all relative. Bradford had a better season than Arsenal by their expectations because they won a trophy and got to two finals. Arsenal didn't. But they're still a much better side. Oh but wait I forgot the 4th place trophy ahahahaha.

Basel are actually a pretty decent team and Benfica have some quality players, If you took the time to actually research these things rather than irrationally guess at how good these teams might be then I might actually respect your opinion. Rubin Kazan knocked out an Athletico side with Falcao and Courtious. I agree four of those sides have nothing on the bigger teams in Europe. However I said, the bigger teams in the EL could give those in the CL knockout stages a run for their money-Chelsea, Benfica, Fenerbache, Inter, Spurs, Athletico etc.

ReputationRep:
    I meant that Bradford had a better season, but Sunderland had a better season. It's all relative. Bradford had a better season than Arsenal by their expectations because they won a trophy and got to two finals. Arsenal didn't. But they're still a much better side. Oh but wait I forgot the 4th place trophy ahahahaha.

Basel are actually a pretty decent team and Benfica have some quality players, If you took the time to actually research these things rather than irrationally guess at how good these teams might be then I might actually respect your opinion. Rubin Kazan knocked out an Athletico side with Falcao and Courtious. I agree four of those sides have nothing on the bigger teams in Europe. However I said, the bigger teams in the EL could give those in the CL knockout stages a run for their money-Chelsea, Benfica, Fenerbache, Inter, Spurs, Athletico etc.
    Yes it is all relative, but Arsenal and Chelsea's expectations are relatively similar.

They might be decent teams but they're not that decent as they couldn't even get into the CL, which Arsenal could.

Clearly this is pointless though as you're massively biased.

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is all relative, but Arsenal and Chelsea's expectations are relatively similar.

They might be decent teams but they're not that decent as they couldn't even get into the CL, which Arsenal could.

Clearly this is pointless though as you're massively biased.
    Hardly massively biased. You're saying that a team who couldn't get to a Quarter Final in any competition had a better season than one who won a European trophy. Arsenal did decent to get out of they're group but it wasn't difficult. I know they won't admit it, but Arsenal fans would rather drop out of the CL group stages and win the EL if it meant putting an end to to their 8 year trophy drought. You can't be a fan and say, "I'd rather not be in the EL but get beaten in the CL 2nd round and pick up a few extra million in revenue". You're argument has more holes than swiss cheese.

ReputationRep:
    No its the weekend and we've got more important things to be dealing with you ****.

ReputationRep:
    It was the weekend yesterday too you tart and we heard news

ReputationRep:
    BlG NEWS

United are considering to re-introduce the words 'football club' to their official badge after being controversially removed in 1998.

Ed woodward: "i didn't like that change of badge. Joel [glazer] didn't like that change. We will look at that and have a think about that."

"we are a football club, not a business. I said to our staff that we are a 135-year-old club & you have to remember that."

ReputationRep:
    It was the weekend yesterday too you tart and we heard news
    Don't come crying back though when the move doesn't happen.

Hell probably would have been good if you hurt yourself after the Thiago move didn't go through, would be rid of a complete moron.

ReputationRep:
    Oh wow ahahaha I love how Ledleyking made new accounts to neg me :rofl:

Ledley?

ReputationRep:
    Negeed you on mine mate

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.