Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ledleyking123)
    Hopefully by Friday fabregas is sorted one way or another
    Just never learn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    what do you have to gain by trolling? just stop its not necessary
    How on earth is that trolling? It's an observation. He went on about Thiago a few weeks ago quoting all sorts of Twitter accounts about how it was a done deal and obviosuly it never was. Come Friday night, things will be no different and Fabregas will still be a Barca player.

ReputationRep:
    Adnan Januzaj vs Yokohama F-Marinos

Zaha vs Yokohama F-Marinos

I could watch that performance from Zaha time and time again. He was our best player today and for me, he has been our best player on tour.

Edit: Januzaj was okay today, but he can do better, much better.

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person who thinks that Anderson can still be good so long as he works on his fitness?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cable)
    I agree. But you never know...with Fergie giving some assistance, Moyes might settle into the job well and do a good job.

Of course, I have my doubts (due to the presence of Mourinho and Man City's money) and will wait to see how things pan out.
    I don't think Sir Alex will do much at all. He needs to leave Moyes to get on and do his own thing. I'm sure Moyes will call him if he needs advice, but I can't see it being a consistent thing.

I have doubts mainly because of Mourinho. Chelsea already have a really good side there.

(Original post by Cable)
    Agreed. If you could have gotten Fabregas, it would have been perfect for Man Utd (MU). I feel MU have needed a CM who has creativity and can help the team keep possession.

A mobile DM with a physical presence in the midfield and the ability to play possession football would be helpful in games where you don't want to be overrun in midfield. Especially considering Carrick isn't the most mobile of midfielders.
    These are the main problems. We were dominated in so many games last season. Against teams that we should be dominating as well. I especially remember the game against Southampton at Old Trafford. They played us off the pitch and we were lucky to win the game.

We need to control the midfield better against the lesser sides. We also need more steal against the better sides. Sir Alex tried to use Jones as that player, but the guy isn't a midfielder. Someone that is good defensively, but is also comfortable with playing the ball quickly when he's closed down would be fantastic.

(Original post by Cable)
    How do you feel about Kagawa? I thought Rooney might leave, meaning that Kaga would be able to play in his best position (CAM). But since Rooney's staying, I imagine Moyes would start him more often than Kaga in the CAM/SS position unfortunately.

How can Kaga fit into MU? Can he start on the left wing and interchange with Rooney during the match? Should Moyes change MU's football to fit Kagawa's game more? And I imagine Kaga's type of football would suit RVP a lot.
    I like Kagawa and I think Sir Alex bought him before we even knew that Van Persie was available. He would have played behind Rooney. Trying to play Van Persie, Rooney and Kagawa in the same side is difficult. Van Persie is always going to be the #9 and Rooney and Kagawa are both going to be trying to play centrally behind him. If Rooney goes it makes things easier. I would prefer to see Kagawa central, but with Rooney here, I don't know if it will happen.

(Original post by Cable)
    What about Hernandez? I think he's a good striker and I'm a tad upset that RVP's arrival pushed him out of the first XI. Should he be loaned to another club to improve his game, rather than wasting time on the bench? Or do you think he'll get a lot of games in cup tournaments and against weak teams in the PL?

Also, who would you prefer as a striker? Hernandez or Welbeck? And why?
    I don't think he should be loaned out, because his goals are really important. We need options off the bench. It's a shame for him, because he deserves to start in his own right, but it's nice to have other options.

As a striker, I prefer Hernandez. I don't really know what Welbeck is right now. He's not really a winger and his shooting isn't great. He's not consistent enough to play as a #9 for us. His all round play is pretty good, but he really needs to work on his shooting.

(Original post by Cable)
    You're entitled to disagree. But I get frustrated at Javier's lack of game time due to his role as a super sub or starting a few games against weak teams. He's got potential to be a world class striker. He should be getting more game time imo.
    United haven't played a striker like him consistently since Van Nistelrooy. When he left, our game improved and we were more exciting to watch. Well, not over the last two years or so, but it was nicer when Ronaldo was still around. I prefer our current type of forwards, because they're more useful in the build up play.

Loved Ruud when he was here, though.

(Original post by Cable)
    And to be fair, when you're a playing a formation like 4-4-1-1, whereby it's supposed to be the CAM/SS who pulls the strings, all you really need of your striker is a fox in the box who will finish off your moves. But I agree it's better to have a striker who has other aspects to his game besides scoring goals.
    I think it's nice when your players are able to interchange and nobody in the front 4 needs to stay in the same position. Van Persie is good enough to score the majority of chances that he gets and he's not limited to just staying near the area.

I miss watching Saha, Rooney, Ronaldo & Giggs play together back in 2006/07.

(Original post by mikeyd85)
    Am I the only person who thinks that Anderson can still be good so long as he works on his fitness?
    His fitness won't improve. The guy has been here for years and can still barely finish 90 minutes. He doesn't seem to care about his fitness. I don't know why Sir Alex kept him around so long.

I'm interested in seeing whether Moyes makes use of him, though. He's done wonders with other players that had limitations.

ReputationRep:
    Sky sports now reporting that Fabregas is considering a move to us after having had no assurances of a guaranteed first place at barca. Sources reckon if he is up for a move they will let him leave for £35 million.

No direct quotes though so could be rubbish. Can't post to the link as on the app but on the sky website.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wonder which Chelsea player is going to come out and speak about Rooney today, seems to be a constant stream of them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    Zaha vs Yokohama F-Marinos

Zahas obsessed with doing the chop

ReputationRep:

Anderson is fine as a squad player, but while there have always been glimpses of talent from him, they have never been consistant enough for me to be comfortable with him playing in the first team against bigger opposition, even if he does work on his fitness (which certainly is an issue).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    I don't think Sir Alex will do much at all. He needs to leave Moyes to get on and do his own thing. I'm sure Moyes will call him if he needs advice, but I can't see it being a consistent thing.

I have doubts mainly because of Mourinho. Chelsea already have a really good side there.

These are the main problems. We were dominated in so many games last season. Against teams that we should be dominating as well. I especially remember the game against Southampton at Old Trafford. They played us off the pitch and we were lucky to win the game.

We need to control the midfield better against the lesser sides. We also need more steal against the better sides. Sir Alex tried to use Jones as that player, but the guy isn't a midfielder. Someone that is good defensively, but is also comfortable with playing the ball quickly when he's closed down would be fantastic.

I like Kagawa and I think Sir Alex bought him before we even knew that Van Persie was available. He would have played behind Rooney. Trying to play Van Persie, Rooney and Kagawa in the same side is difficult. Van Persie is always going to be the #9 and Rooney and Kagawa are both going to be trying to play centrally behind him. If Rooney goes it makes things easier. I would prefer to see Kagawa central, but with Rooney here, I don't know if it will happen.

I don't think he should be loaned out, because his goals are really important. We need options off the bench. It's a shame for him, because he deserves to start in his own right, but it's nice to have other options.

As a striker, I prefer Hernandez. I don't really know what Welbeck is right now. He's not really a winger and his shooting isn't great. He's not consistent enough to play as a #9 for us. His all round play is pretty good, but he really needs to work on his shooting.

United haven't played a striker like him consistently since Van Nistelrooy. When he left, our game improved and we were more exciting to watch. Well, not over the last two years or so, but it was nicer when Ronaldo was still around. I prefer our current type of forwards, because they're more useful in the build up play.

Loved Ruud when he was here, though.

I think it's nice when your players are able to interchange and nobody in the front 4 needs to stay in the same position. Van Persie is good enough to score the majority of chances that he gets and he's not limited to just staying near the area.

I miss watching Saha, Rooney, Ronaldo & Giggs play together back in 2006/07.

His fitness won't improve. The guy has been here for years and can still barely finish 90 minutes. He doesn't seem to care about his fitness. I don't know why Sir Alex kept him around so long.

I'm interested in seeing whether Moyes makes use of him, though. He's done wonders with other players that had limitations.
    Rooney, Ronaldo and Tevez in 2008

ReputationRep:

Yeah I think this

Early last season he played well when he had a consistent run of games in the team. But his fitness is ****ed

He's always injured and when he is match-fit, he get knackered too easily

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    I wonder which Chelsea player is going to come out and speak about Rooney today, seems to be a constant stream of them.
    Shows what a welcome member he'd be at the club. Haven't seen too many United players coming out and saying how important he is to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    Shows what a welcome member he'd be at the club. Haven't seen too many United players coming out and saying how important he is to them.
    Having loads of players comment on it just makes you look desperate and is just poor mind games. These players will be saying it in private, writing articles about it just crappy PR. Lukaku, Cech and Cole all commenting on Rooney is just Mourinho telling them to do so because he is bitter about not getting the United job and failing to sign other strikers.

ReputationRep:
    Tommy does have a point

Mourinho wanted the United job

He loves the spotlight and he loves the English media, imagine the headlines for him if the self proclaimed "special one" took over from arguably the greatest manager of all time. I can imagine it now, he'd have been pulling all kinda buzz words out the bag like "destiny" and "fate" lol

But yeah other than that, if Hazard wanted to link up with Rooney so bad, why didn't he just come to United instead of Chelsea?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zKlown)
    Tommy does have a point

Mourinho wanted the United job

He loves the spotlight and he loves the English media, imagine the headlines for him if the self proclaimed "special one" took over from arguably the greatest manager of all time. I can imagine it now, he'd have been pulling all kinda buzz words out the bag like "destiny" and "fate" lol

But yeah other than that, if Hazard wanted to link up with Rooney so bad, why didn't he just come to United instead of Chelsea?
    I don't think it's a case of him wanting to link up with Rooney so much, because if that really was the case then he would've joined you last season. Clearly you need to take a look at yourselves because time after time you've had quality and upcoming players turning you down (Hazard, Sniejder, Thiago, Lucas Moura and now Rooney).

Mourinho may have wanted the United job. But he's hardly the same person who made the Special One comments a decade ago. You just need to watch his interviews these days to see how mellow he's become.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it's a case of him wanting to link up with Rooney so much, because if that really was the case then he would've joined you last season. Clearly you need to take a look at yourselves because time after time you've had quality and upcoming players turning you down (Hazard, Sniejder, Thiago, Lucas Moura and now Rooney).

Mourinho may have wanted the United job. But he's hardly the same person who made the Special One comments a decade ago. You just need to watch his interviews these days to see how mellow he's become.
    Mellow? He fell out with most the Real Madrid team LMAO. Wait until the season has started and certain things don't go his way, then we'll see if he's more mellow.

But yeah w/e

Also that list of players you named, apart from Thiago clearly just wanted money. Sneijder didn't turn us down, we refused to meet his wage demands. Hazard chose your lot because you can offer better wages and Lucas signed for PSG (nuff said).

ReputationRep:
    because time after time you've had quality and upcoming players turning you down (Hazard, Sniejder, Thiago, Lucas Moura and now Rooney).
    So.. like every club?

+ Thiago didnt turn us down

+ Sneijder didnt turn us down

+ Rooney plays for us...

To steer this back on to some form of United/footballing topic - this is such a hilariously awkward tomato juice(?) advert. Why does it have the swallowing noises?! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
      Mourinho has already told Inter that'll he will be there in 3 years, the dude loves attention.

Chelsea players love talking about Rooney because they need a class striker and there are not many left as Falcao & Cavani would rather play in France than play for Chelsea, Lewandowski would rather wait a year for Bayern and Jovetic went City.
      Its funny how fans mock us about midfielders rejecting us when in reality they've been rejected by many players as well, its just that the press doesn't target them as much as United.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by rohitbd)
      Mourinho has already told Inter that'll he will be there in 3 years, the dude loves attention.

Chelsea players love talking about Rooney because they need a class striker and there are not many left as Falcao & Cavani would rather play in France than play for Chelsea, Lewandowski would rather wait a year for Bayern and Jovetic went City.
      Its funny how fans mock us about midfielders rejecting us when in reality they've been rejected by many players as well, its just that the press doesn't target them as much as United.
      Champions League final of 2016 is likely to be held at San Siro. As attention loving as Mourinho may be he isn't an idiot.

Questions on Rooney are top of any journalist's agenda when interviewing a Chelsea player because it's been confirmed by the club that we're interested. What are they supposed to say..."I hate the guy"? And we never even bidded for Falcao or Cavani because of their price tags.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.