Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    Mourinho has already told Inter that'll he will be there in 3 years, the dude loves attention.

Chelsea players love talking about Rooney because they need a class striker and there are not many left as Falcao & Cavani would rather play in France than play for Chelsea, Lewandowski would rather wait a year for Bayern and Jovetic went City.
    Its funny how fans mock us about midfielders rejecting us when in reality they've been rejected by many players as well, its just that the press doesn't target them as much as United.
    Not really. We didn't want to meet the release clause for cavani and falcao. Also with falcao I've explained it many times on this thread but his agent wanted a payday which he was only going to get at monaco, he's a slave to kenyon sports and his third party ownership was a problem for a potential deal(tevez and mascherano making the laws on third party ownership tight in the prem). A similar thing almost happened with luiz but we bought his rights out before getting him. Also we've shown pretty much no interest in lewandowski as far as reliable reports have been concerned.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    Is anyone watching the Manchester City game on Sky? Milner is playing incredible.
    He's doing well, working hard since he knows that he'll be dropped if he doesn't

ReputationRep:
    http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/24/manche...sfer-3896953/?

Moving for Gundogan if Cesc fails :rolleyes:

I think i've spotted our new unlikely transfer target when Fabregas more likely than not fails. Shall be fun.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    http://metro.co.uk/2013/07/24/manche...sfer-3896953/?

Moving for Gundogan if Cesc fails :rolleyes:

I think i've spotted our new unlikely transfer target when Fabregas more likely than not fails. Shall be fun.
    Gundogan would be good, I think if we offered enough to Dortmund we could get him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nickini)
    Champions League final of 2016 is likely to be held at San Siro. As attention loving as Mourinho may be he isn't an idiot.

Questions on Rooney are top of any journalist's agenda when interviewing a Chelsea player because it's been confirmed by the club that we're interested. What are they supposed to say..."I hate the guy"? And we never even bidded for Falcao or Cavani because of their price tags.

(Original post by jam277)
    Not really. We didn't want to meet the release clause for cavani and falcao. Also with falcao I've explained it many times on this thread but his agent wanted a payday which he was only going to get at monaco, he's a slave to kenyon sports and his third party ownership was a problem for a potential deal(tevez and mascherano making the laws on third party ownership tight in the prem). A similar thing almost happened with luiz but we bought his rights out before getting him. Also we've shown pretty much no interest in lewandowski as far as reliable reports have been concerned.
    So wait when United didn't want to meet the price tags and agent demands of Moura, Hazard and Sneijder, and we didn't even bid for Thiago as well, the media and fans go on about how we got rejected and no one wants to come here or how broke we are that we didn't pay as much as clubs such as PSG, City & Chelsea, but its funny how clubs like City and Chelsea are now getting a piece of their own medicine with clubs like PSG and Monaco willing to pay more than them.

ReputationRep:
    I think Gundogan would be attainable if we want to pay enough

ReputationRep:
    So wait when United didn't want to meet the price tags and agent demands of Moura, Hazard and Sneijder, and we didn't even bid for Thiago as well, the media and fans go on about how we got rejected and no one wants to come here or how broke we are that we didn't pay as much as clubs such as PSG, City & Chelsea, but its funny how clubs like City and Chelsea are now getting a piece of their own medicine with clubs like PSG and Monaco willing to pay more than them.
    I didn't say that. I said you are struggling to get key central midfield signings a while ago. It's clear that you want a central midfielder and you've been trying for one for years. I don't know if you went for nasri since it was only evra talking about him. But you clearly wanted sneijder and now you're trying for cesc and potentially gundogan.

Fairplay on kagawa though. Too bad he was out for some time with injuries. We're not getting a taste of our own medicine, if we wanted to buy them we would, we clearly have the money but don't see the point, we could have got falcao 2 seasons ago e.g. but we didn't bid for them. Right now we could buy a striker like falcao who starts every game up top but then that'll halt the progress of lukaku. Rooney is someone who would play multiple roles, get good gametime and allow lukaku to get a decent amount of gametime as backup.

Plus I doubt it's a money thing thats stopping you from getting a centre mid. I think it's partially down to ignorance and the emergence of cleverley.

ReputationRep:
    Didn't say any of that (nor do I agree with it), was just pointing out that we didn't bid for Falcao or Cavani so them coming to us wasn't an option.

ReputationRep:
    Personally I think the rooney saga is mindgames by mourinho, he knows united have a new manager, his pedigree at the top level is being questioned but he has a team capable of winning the title, by talking about rooney, he's constantly putting pressure on david moyes and testing his resolve early on. Also remember that chelsea face united early on in the season. So in doing this and rattling moyes cage he's trying to unsettle the united camp.

If he doesn't get rooney, he has an unsettled united camp with rooney sulking for a month or two which could impact the teams performances, if he does get rooney, he's weakened chelsea's rivals and strengthened his squad so it's a win-win situation for him. Not classy but smart nonetheless. Guessing he took a leaf out of guardiola's book with getting the team to talk about rooney too, guess he did learn a lot in spain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I didn't say that. I said you are struggling to get key central midfield signings a while ago. It's clear that you want a central midfielder and you've been trying for one for years. I don't know if you went for nasri since it was only evra talking about him. But you clearly wanted sneijder and now you're trying for cesc and potentially gundogan.

Fairplay on kagawa though. Too bad he was out for some time with injuries. We're not getting a taste of our own medicine, if we wanted to buy them we would, we clearly have the money but don't see the point, we could have got falcao 2 seasons ago e.g. but we didn't bid for them. Right now we could buy a striker like falcao who starts every game up top but then that'll halt the progress of lukaku. Rooney is someone who would play multiple roles, get good gametime and allow lukaku to get a decent amount of gametime as backup.

Plus I doubt it's a money thing thats stopping you from getting a centre mid. I think it's partially down to ignorance and the emergence of cleverley.

(Original post by Nickini)
    Didn't say any of that (nor do I agree with it), was just pointing out that we didn't bid for Falcao or Cavani so them coming to us wasn't an option.
    Nah didn't say you both personally said that, but I think everyone has heard a lot of bull about how United are constantly getting rejected by top players ignoring the reasons and the fact that these situations happen at other clubs as well, like not thinking the player is worth the money.

And agree about the Mou mind games, him saying he is not going to play mind games was a mind game, Mou is clearly trying to annoy Moyes and is using the press to do it, Moyes has been annoyed about it so its working, but I don't think it'll unsettle us, the players have been there before and know Mou, Moyes has been a little to innocent with the press imo he's just to honest and doesn't understand that everything he says and does can be used/twisted against him. I'm pretty sure SAF will be having a word with Moyes about how to deal with the press after every difficult situation though.

ReputationRep:
    Nah didn't say you both personally said that, but I think everyone has heard a lot of bull about how United are constantly getting rejected by top players ignoring the reasons and the fact that these situations happen at other clubs as well, like not thinking the player is worth the money.

And agree about the Mou mind games, him saying he is not going to play mind games was a mind game, Mou is clearly trying to annoy Moyes and is using the press to do it, Moyes has been annoyed about it so its working, but I don't think it'll unsettle us, the players have been there before and know Mou, Moyes has been a little to innocent with the press imo he's just to honest and doesn't understand that everything he says and does can be used/twisted against him. I'm pretty sure SAF will be having a word with Moyes about how to deal with the press after every difficult situation though.
    Yeah agree with that. Tbh you get that with most of the average football fans who only see things at face value/what press wants you to think.

I heard from an interview that SAF won't be involved with the football side of the club too much, partially because of how it went under sir matt busby when his presence pretty much undermined his successors. I think he'll talk to him about it before it gets too out of hand. Mourinho's pretty good at alienating his club from his rivals though, think it was adebayor who said that mourinho prepares for a match like they're going to war. Think it's gonna be a tempestuous season at the top of the table.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami')
    Gundogan would be good, I think if we offered enough to Dortmund we could get him
    Dunno man, they've lost enough.

Happily chuck £30m at them for him and see what happens but i still think its at a point where they wont sell any more of their best players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sami')
    Debatable, they're letting Lewandowski go on a free next year opposed to sell him for £25mil+ this year... that could be purely because it's Bayern but also shows they don't need the money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Conzy210)
    Debatable, they're letting Lewandowski go on a free next year opposed to sell him for £25mil+ this year... that could be purely because it's Bayern but also shows they don't need the money.
    Lewandowski only wants to go to Bayern (apparently a deal was reached with Real Madrid months back but Lewandowski turned them down), Dortmund don't mind keeping him for another year and Bayern are in no rush to pay all that money for a player who they can get for free a year later. Win/win all round, apart from for perhaps Dortmund.

Reckon if United stumped up the cash Gundogan would be possible, but only if it was a really irresistible amount for Dortmund. IIRC he's got 2 years left on his contract?

ReputationRep:
    Did you see the crowd chanted Glory Glory Man United during the Sunderland v Spurs match?

Well, it was Glory Glory Tottenham Hotspur they sung.

Not quite the same ring.

ReputationRep:
    I think the whole Suarez saga will help us keep Rooney, if Liverpool don't sell Suarez to Arsenal under 50mil then I don't see why we should sell Rooney for under 45mil to Chelsea due to one year less on his contract, plus Rooney doesn't miss 25% of the season via a ban and tarnish the clubs reputation. Though cannot believe that now City, Chelsea, Liverpool and even Arsenal have placed bids over our record bid.

ReputationRep:
    So guys, if you could only have one, Fellaini or Cabaye?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    So guys, if you could only have one, Fellaini or Cabaye?
    Neither, I'd rather risk it and have to play someone out of position if we get an injury while waiting to spend the money on someone else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Idle)
    Neither, I'd rather risk it and have to play someone out of position if we get an injury while waiting to spend the money on someone else.
    Personally would go for Cabaye - cheaper. But even then, he's not enough of an improvement on Clevs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Personally would go for Cabaye - cheaper. But even then, he's not enough of an improvement on Clevs.
    For the amount of money he is going to cost (I'd assume £15-18mil) it seems like a complete waste when he is 27 now, not likely to improve greatly and is not much better than we have currently.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.