Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xDave-)
    How surprising

I didn't watch the friendly today, but I see it was 2-2. Anything positive?
    No not really, missed a penalty, lost the ball to give a goal, Zaha played great once he came on though.

FC Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu on Cesc Fabregas' future: "It doesn't matter what any offer is - we're not selling him. We're counting on him. He's not for sale.

"If there was higher offer would we accept it? No. He's a great player. It doesn't bother us that Manchester United want him. We're proud that a club like them want one of our players.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    You do realise they arent the same points?

Why are you people so stupid? :laugh:

When you are in for someone, that doesnt mean the only way you are trying to sign them is by bidding for them, especially when its a buyout clause :laugh:
    Well explain how United were "trying to sign" Thiago.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    Cesc is not for sale, Barca have said today in their unveiling of their new manager.
    Surprise of the century there haha.

Somewhere Ledleyking is crying in a corner...

ReputationRep:
    Cesc is not for sale, Barca have said today in their unveiling of their new manager.
    No not really, missed a penalty, lost the ball to give a goal, Zaha played great once he came on though.

FC Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu on Cesc Fabregas' future: "It doesn't matter what any offer is - we're not selling him. We're counting on him. He's not for sale.

"If there was higher offer would we accept it? No. He's a great player. It doesn't bother us that Manchester United want him. We're proud that a club like them want one of our players.
    Shame, cos 'Cesc' was really up for it innit :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    FC Barcelona vice-president Josep Maria Bartomeu on Cesc Fabregas' future: "It doesn't matter what any offer from Manchester United is - we're not selling him. We're counting on him. He's not for sale.
    "If there was a higher offer would we accept it? No. He's a great player. It doesn't bother us that Manchester United want him. We're proud that a club like that wants one of our players.'

Well thats the end of that then. I hope we sort this out now ans actually go after some good attainable players.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How people are only just realising that Fabregas isn't for sale is beyond me.

ReputationRep:
    So, gundogan, yaya toure, wilshere, vidal, marchisio, toni kroos take your pick on the least attainable player that united want.

Might as well get the fellaini shirts printed. Maybe he could get the number 9/10 shirt if he gets games in the hole or if anderson actually finishes his contract for life/gets sold number 8.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    How people are only just realising that Fabregas isn't for sale is beyond me.
    :rofl: bored people with wild imaginations. Who do you think you'll go for next that'll fill the newspapers up for a week? My guess is gundogan, maybe a yaya toure saga :teeth: or even wilshere :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    :rofl: bored people with wild imaginations. Who do you think you'll go for next that'll fill the newspapers up for a week? My guess is gundogan, maybe a yaya toure saga :teeth: or even wilshere :sogood:
    Who knows. The sad thing is that this isn't just tabloid nonsense, our MD flew back from the tour and Moyes hasn't shut up about Fabreagas :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    **** it. I'm happy with Carrick and Giggs for the rest of my life, with Anderson ready when Giggs drops dead.

ReputationRep:
    Xavi.

Moyes has got money for the first time in his life and he wants to shop at Harrods. They just don't want to let him in.

ReputationRep:
    We should just bid 25m for Gundogan and see what response we get. I'd still think there is a possibility Dortmund would sell because they always have an option buy Sahin back from Madrid, since he seems unwanted there. And maybe they'd use the money to buy someone like Eriksen or someone of that mould. Who knows? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    So, gundogan, yaya toure, wilshere, vidal, marchisio, toni kroos take your pick on the least attainable player that united want.

Might as well get the fellaini shirts printed. Maybe he could get the number 9/10 shirt if he gets games in the hole or if anderson actually finishes his contract for life/gets sold number 8.

I always enjoy your trolling

ReputationRep:
    Moyes is having an absolute mare atm

His ex manager said he wasnt for sale, FCB's president said he wasnt for sale, his team mates have said he wasnt for sale, Fabregas himself laughed off suggestions he'd leave and now his new manager said he's not for sale. What exactly prompted these bids I'll never know.

Also, any new targets will now know they were at best, Moyes' 3rd option so Ive no idea who you're going to be able to attract. Fellaini?

(Original post by Stopmessing)
    We should just bid 25m for Gundogan and see what response we get. I'd still think there is a possibility Dortmund would sell because they always have an option buy Sahin back from Madrid, since he seems unwanted there. And maybe they'd use the money to buy someone like Eriksen or someone of that mould. Who knows? :confused:
    You're talking about a club prepared to let Lewandowski leave for nothing next year rather than sell, who just earned 90m for their CL run/Gotze. Gundogan is the pivot of their team and he's recently said he wanted to stay. So forget about it.

ReputationRep:
    watched the game today and it was truly awful, welbeck running like a 3 legged dog after a rugby ball, anderson with a touch of Edward scissor hands, giggs was off the pace and RVP done little and the CBs kept getting confused and we nicked a goal in the last minute. Im very worried for us come the start of the new season. People keep saying its only pre-season but being behind in 3 out of 4 games isnt good at all.

ReputationRep:

2:32

ReputationRep:
    not saying I wont stand by him but just saying its obvious that we need new signings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    **** it. I'm happy with Carrick and Giggs for the rest of my life, with Anderson ready when Giggs drops dead.
    I don't see anything wrong with that partnership. Why is he going for fabregas in the first place?

(Original post by JM1987)
    watched the game today and it was truly awful, welbeck running like a 3 legged dog after a rugby ball, anderson with a touch of Edward scissor hands, giggs was off the pace and RVP done little and the CBs kept getting confused and we nicked a goal in the last minute. Im very worried for us come the start of the new season. People keep saying its only pre-season but being behind in 3 out of 4 games isnt good at all.
    I think it's gonna be a tough start to the season personally although it is pre-season but looking at the first 5 games it's not looking promising

ReputationRep:
    Ferdinand did say, pre season is mostly fitness work. I'm not going to base to form of the team on the way they are playing in pre season games. Pre season is about making money and getting fit. If it were about playing well you wouldn't have Real Madrid playing teams like Bournemouth.

Time to see who the clubs other targets are I guess.

ReputationRep:
    As above, pre-season is all about pumping up the fitness levels and brand awareness (if there isn't enough already and not like we need it although Moyes gets his feet wet of these pre-season tours with us) and the only good news to come out of today it seems was Kagawa's performance.

Fabregas is still coming though yeh? Never mind all the rebuttals, we'll still make a third bid! JK, looks like an Everton player joining us becomes ever closer.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.