Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    Giggs is not a central midfielder and never has been. There is a lot wrong with that partnership.

Well, I think it's because he's quite good at football.
    Lol, took me seriously :rofl: :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Yes. I'm supposed to magically realise that you aren't being serious.

I need that kind of mind reading ability.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Example: play football 'The United way'. I don't remember Man. United inventing attacking football.
    Funnily enough that in the champions league in recent years against top opposition they play defensive football, heck I'd have been proud if chelsea played like united did in the madrid matches, lets not mention the barca legs that got rijkaard sacked. I forgot the arsenal matches in the CL since I didn't watch them so can't say if that was bus parking or just counter attacking football.

ReputationRep:
    It wasn't clear, but come on, two immobile midfielders playing in CM is a disaster. There there though, have a cookie.

ReputationRep:
    You're trying to suggest that everyone understands how football works.

That's the problem.

ReputationRep:
    You're trying to suggest that everyone understands how football works.

That's the problem.
    I guess tbf. Thought people would get that I wasn't being serious and it would get someone to at least have a chuckle. But it wasn't to be :moon:

ReputationRep:
    Do you ever go away?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I guess tbf. Thought people would get that I wasn't being serious and it would get someone to at least have a chuckle. But it wasn't to be :moon:
    Yeah, it's difficult for me to tell sometimes. A lot of other fans post in this thread and half the time, I can't really tell if they're trolling or trying to have an actual discussion.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's difficult for me to tell sometimes. A lot of other fans post in this thread and half the time, I can't really tell if they're trolling or trying to have an actual discussion.
    Most, bar one or two(don't need to mention their names) do a mixture of half trolling but the others are downright trolls. You'll get a mixture of benitez/shankly jizzfesters, the wenger wums and then you get the guys who just attack other users for the giggles.

(Original post by xDave-)
    Do you ever go away?
    I like him though. Oh and ew at your sig. What was that pokemons name?

ReputationRep:
    I like him though. Oh and ew at your sig. What was that pokemons name?
    He's just so dull. "Taxi to London" kind of comments over and over. Puh-lease.

It's Lickitung.

ReputationRep:
    Do you ever go away?
    Touché. Some people have nothing constructive to add to discussion around here.

In actual news, some public attempts by Scholes to convince Rooney that Utd is the place to be. I hope this saga gets sorted by next week http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...rooney-to-stay

If we don't manage to get any new signings I pray Moyes gives these youngsters a chance. Who knows, it could be the class of 2013/14 . Zaha looks an absolute beast. I've said it once and I'll say it again, he could be as influential for us as Ronaldo was, if he keeps developing.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, took me seriously :rofl: :rofl:

I need that kind of mind reading ability.
    In fairness to jam, what he said was in response to a comment I made, which was definitely not to be taken seriously.

So guys, where will our (ever more likely) front six get us this season?

With Rooney:

Carrick - Fellaini
    Valencia - Rooney - Kagawa
    Van Persie

Without:

Carrick - Fellaini
    Valencia - Kagawa - Nani
    Van Persie

Tbh, if our back 5 + Carrick all have good seasons, which they are all more than capable of, we should be okay.

ReputationRep:
    Most, bar one or two(don't need to mention their names) do a mixture of half trolling but the others are downright trolls. You'll get a mixture of benitez/shankly jizzfesters, the wenger wums and then you get the guys who just attack other users for the giggles.
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    In fairness to jam, what he said was in response to a comment I made, which was definitely not to be taken seriously.
    Fair points.

(Original post by Akkuz)
    Touché. Some people have nothing constructive to add to discussion around here.

In actual news, some public attempts by Scholes to convince Rooney that Utd is the place to be. I hope this saga gets sorted by next week http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...rooney-to-stay

If we don't manage to get any new signings I pray Moyes gives these youngsters a chance. Who knows, it could be the class of 2013/14 . Zaha looks an absolute beast. I've said it once and I'll say it again, he could be as influential for us as Ronaldo was, if he keeps developing.
    I would love Zaha to get a shot. He's looked really good in pre-season and we could do with a winger that's a bit more unpredictable. If Valencia deserved to play most games last season, Zaha at least deserves a go to see what he can do.

It's a shame that the youngsters that are impressing aren't central midfielders. It would have been nice to have someone impressing in a position that we need to fill.

ReputationRep:
    Do you ever go away?
    I haven't broken any rules.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeah course lol, wouldn't you do the same though? Winding up football fans is one of life's little pleasures.
    Of course I would, but the doom and gloom from our own support is at ridiculous levels already before a ball has even been kicked. I'm as frustrated as anyone about the lack of signings (if Carrick gets injured we're in big trouble) but some people are grossly underestimating the current squad. I don't think our midfield is much different from Chelsea's in terms of quality.

People forget that even SAF has struggled to attract his main transfer targets in recent years. Moyes has been shopping in the bargain bin for a decade and now suddenly he's got a license to go after a far higher quality of player from what he's used to which is hardly going to be easy. Midfield should have been sorted years ago but nobody would dare criticise SAF, so Moyes has picked up the blame for something that really isn't his fault.

Can't wait for the transfer window to close.

ReputationRep:
    Adnan Januzaj vs Cerezo Osaka

Zaha vs Cerezo Osaka

Zaha has to start the first game of the season. He adds that other dimension to our game, that we've been missing since Ronaldo left and Nani got injured.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    Zaha vs Cerezo Osaka

Zaha has to start the first game of the season. He adds that other dimension to our game, that we've been missing since Ronaldo left and Nani got injured.
    Seems to give the ball away a lot tbh

ReputationRep:
    If Arsenal get Suarez and we get Fellaini does anyone think there's a chance we might come 4th?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by manchesterunited15)
    If Arsenal get Suarez and we get Fellaini does anyone think there's a chance we might come 4th?
    Getting Fellaini wouldn't resolve you to 4th just like I don't think getting just Fabregas would have transformed you into CL contenders. Fellaini adds that bit of steel in your side that you lack.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Getting Fellaini wouldn't resolve you to 4th just like I don't think getting just Fabregas would have transformed you into CL contenders. Fellaini adds that bit of steel in your side that you lack.
    No I know, I'm not saying Fellaini would be a disastrous signing but Suarez would improve Arsenal a lot more than Fellaini would improve us, and considering they were in title winning form from January onwards, and Chelsea and City are improving more than us as well, we could end up 4th.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.