Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Guardian are also reporting that the Zaha deal is close, and apparently Ferguson did not travel with the team to Qatar so that the deal could be wrapped up - it would seem pretty definite if that's true. I'm disappointed. :sad:

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Abiraleft)
      The Guardian are also reporting that the Zaha deal is close, and apparently Ferguson did not travel with the team to Qatar so that the deal could be wrapped up - it would seem pretty definite if that's true. I'm disappointed. :sad:
      excellent if true, Zaha looks a really good prospect

ReputationRep:
      I look forward to hearing "that's the way, zaha zaha, i like it, zaha zaha!" chants

ReputationRep:
      http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/21143029

:woo:

ReputationRep:
      So now..

Areas we most needed to improve last summer - Striker, winger, midfield, LB
      Areas we most need to improve this summer - Midfield, CB, LB?

Slowly but surely we are reaching a point where we may actually.. as if we live in a fantasy world.. buy a top class midfielder!

All jokes aside, we will probably buy Lewandowski and give Scholes + Giggs another year

ReputationRep:
      With Zaha coming to Manchester United, we would have 4 actual wingers with Valencia, Nani, Young and Zaha as well as a few other players who could play on the wing.
      What does everyone think will happen with respect to Nani staying. I have a feeling he may be leaving in the summer. I think in the summer I would like us to buy a left back and a center midfielder.

ReputationRep:
      Is it just me who thinks the price tag for Zaha is a little excessive? Good player no doubt with huge potential, but for a 20 year old who has lit up the Championship and remains unproven in the PL? Obviously as it's the Glazers, i hope we skin em for all they've got

ReputationRep:
      When are Manchester United v Real Madrid tickets going on sale?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cheetahs56)
      Is it just me who thinks the price tag for Zaha is a little excessive? Good player no doubt with huge potential, but for a 20 year old who has lit up the Championship and remains unproven in the PL? Obviously as it's the Glazers, i hope we skin em for all they've got
      The Glazers won't be paying for it themselves...

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by hsv)
      When are Manchester United v Real Madrid tickets going on sale?
      No point asking really as it would seem by you asking that you're hoping to just buy one without being a 'member' of the club. Your chances are zero to nil in that case. Unless a friend sells you theirs or you buy one outside the ground on match-day at a hugely excessive price.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by SirMasterKey)
      The Glazers won't be paying for it themselves...
      Oh yeah... My bad, lol

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Tommyjw)
      I look forward to hearing "that's the way, zaha zaha, i like it, zaha zaha!" chants

Damn you, Can't get that tune out of my head now!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cheetahs56)
      agreed...also why didnt we go for victor moses? plays in the same position, roughly same age, would of cost less and PL experience??

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by cost)
      agreed...also why didnt we go for victor moses? plays in the same position, roughly same age, would of cost less and PL experience??
      Are you seriously regretting not going for victor moses? id consider it a bullet dodged to be honest. Zaha price tag seems far too much but the quality of the championship really isnt too much below the bottom half teams in the premiership, you took a similar risk when you signed smalling and hes turned out fantastic.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by xxbradkennedyxx)
      Are you seriously regretting not going for victor moses? id consider it a bullet dodged to be honest. Zaha price tag seems far too much but the quality of the championship really isnt too much below the bottom half teams in the premiership, you took a similar risk when you signed smalling and hes turned out fantastic.
      how is moses a dodged bullet?(explain) hes a very capable and promising. and smalling was a Fulham regular before he came to us

ReputationRep:
      RVP has been described as a football-nut, loves the game so much he's always thinking about and this interview with Shreeves gives a great insight into that theory. I still get excited seeing him in a United shirt and giddy whenever he scores a goal or is in the news for his performances.

ReputationRep:
      Smalling made 12 premiership appearences and apart from that his only experience was with a non league team before you stumped up quite a big sum for him. Zahas made over 100 appearences for palace, smalling was certainly no less proven than zaha when you signed him.

and maybe not a bullet dodged but I dont think he's shown anythign at chelsea to suggest he's ever going to be good enough for a regular spot for them.

ReputationRep:
      Sir Alex and AVB in Scotland tonight, watching Celtic v Dundee. Wanyama anyone?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by IanLim93)
      Sir Alex and AVB in Scotland tonight, watching Celtic v Dundee. Wanyama anyone?
      Apparently AVB is after Gary Hooper.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by scotttb)
      Apparently AVB is after Gary Hooper.
      Would be interesting to see Gary Hooper in the Premier League. Can definetly see the incentive for him to join the EPL, considering how poor the SPL is.

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.