Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    United are leading 0-2 against Crewe Athletic in this evening's friendly. Nani with both goals.

Lots of pyro in our end by the sounds of it!

ReputationRep:
    If United finish 5th do you think Moyes will be sacked?

ReputationRep:
    I love this remember watching it live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jRvGEbQsc6Y

I love this comment.
    Ronaldo: Hey man I gotta ask you something
    Ronaldo (covers mouth): WTF are you doing at City
    Tevez: We're the best in England
    Ronaldo (Punches him, kisses teeth & shakes head): Deluded idiot

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poshwan)
    You need to give the man time to adapt to his new role, imo he's slightly inept but I think he will learn some very important lessons about at managing at the highest level throughout the season. You have to bear in mind SAF wasn't all that popular during the beginning of his tenure. I doubt Utd will sack him if he came 5th

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    United are leading 0-2 against Crewe Athletic in this evening's friendly. Nani with both goals.

Lots of pyro in our end by the sounds of it!
    Everyone hates on Nani, but this preseason he has played 1 game and already done more than Valencia and Young and his stats were far more impressive last season than both of them even though he missed half of it through injury.

Great Goals
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4GZQyImAjA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LyYxo2Q-yQ

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poshwan)
    No. He'll be given at least four years to win the league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Gundogan seems content to stay, don't appear keen on De Rossi, Verrattis a possibiliy but again it seems he wants PL experience (why I suggested Alex Song when the Fab rumours kicked off) Gustavo seems happy to stay and same for Khedira. Who's left Vidal? Doesn't he want to go Real? What about Guarin?
    Khedira would be a good signing for Man united. Think him and carrick would work similar to khedira alonso's partnership. But that only depends if real buy vidal obviously but I doubt that would happen.

Guarin would be a very good buy. But I think most of the players want to stay at inter from the looks of things, on form I think he's one of the best midfielders in the world, he's just a beast.

Verratti would make no sense, you're essentially getting a carrick like for like swap. A more proactive combative midfielder is needed, it's why carrick and cleverley worked so well last season, clevs runs around and presses opposition players carrick does the passing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Khedira would be a good signing for Man united. Think him and carrick would work similar to khedira alonso's partnership. But that only depends if real buy vidal obviously but I doubt that would happen.

Guarin would be a very good buy. But I think most of the players want to stay at inter from the looks of things, on form I think he's one of the best midfielders in the world, he's just a beast.

Verratti would make no sense, you're essentially getting a carrick like for like swap. A more proactive combative midfielder is needed, it's why carrick and cleverley worked so well last season, clevs runs around and presses opposition players carrick does the passing.
    What about Yann M'Vila or Sven/Lars Bender? Or have a cheeky bid for Pogba.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver060)
    Don't be silly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silver060)
    Pogba obviously would be the solution to the problems. M'Vila's getting money from oligarchs but is an option if he's unhappy. Lars would be available tbf but I think sven would be unlikely.

ReputationRep:
    Looking at pics from tonights game on Facebook from the lads that went ... and I've realised I'm starting to get sick of all the pyrotechnics stuff. The odd flare here and there for a big game used to be cool but now it seems like it's every single week, totally taken all the aura out of it.

I'm putting the flares and smokebombs alongside the stupid Ken Barlow stickers, the card display mosaic things and the Stone Roses lyric flags as yet another go-to gimmick that has been run into the ground.

ReputationRep:
    Looking at pics from tonights game on Facebook from the lads that went ... and I've realised I'm starting to get sick of all the pyrotechnics stuff. The odd flare here and there for a big game used to be cool but now it seems like it's every single week, totally taken all the aura out of it.

I'm putting the flares and smokebombs alongside the stupid Ken Barlow stickers, the card display mosaic things and the Stone Roses lyric flags as yet another go-to gimmick that has been run into the ground.
    Is a bit silly for a friendly at Crewe

ReputationRep:

Never seen English fans pull of flares tbh. Just looks a bit ridiculous compared to the continental ultras.

ReputationRep:
    Unless I had a brain fart, didn't the irish do one at Wembley when they scored against England This year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Is a bit silly for a friendly at Crewe
    It's silly at most places. United fans let off flares in broad daylight regularly, smokebombs in pubs and on the concourse under the stand at a lot of away games and even did one on an underground train at one of the London aways back end of last season that caused chaos.

It's on the verge of becoming totally ridiculous if it hasn't already.

(Original post by Zürich)
    Never seen English fans pull of flares tbh. Just looks a bit ridiculous compared to the continental ultras.
    The only time it's worked for us is when City shut the lights out and did their blue moon rising graphic on the scoreboards and United lit red flares against the blue moon and ruined the effect. Most of the time one or two flares just looks pretty weak though.

ReputationRep:
    It's silly at most places. United fans let off flares in broad daylight regularly, smokebombs in pubs and on the concourse under the stand at a lot of away games and even did one on an underground train at one of the London aways back end of last season that caused chaos.

It's on the verge of becoming totally ridiculous if it hasn't already.

The only time it's worked for us is when City shut the lights out and did their blue moon rising graphic on the scoreboards and United lit red flares against the blue moon and ruined the effect. Most of the time one or two flares just looks pretty weak though.
    Think its more to do with how you act once the flare is lit. I've been in crowds at Ajax with flares and literally everyone stands up and does a slow clap or a Poznan style thing. Even have fellas with microphones coordinating the chanting.

In England people just stand around awkardly and baffled about what they're supposed to do once they've lit the flare. Bayern lit one at the Emirates this season and it looked ****ing amazing because they ran with it and went ape **** once it was lit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    Everyone hates on Nani, but this preseason he has played 1 game and already done more than Valencia and Young and his stats were far more impressive last season than both of them even though he missed half of it through injury.

Great Goals
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4GZQyImAjA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3LyYxo2Q-yQ
    :rolleyes:

We should ban this word. Nani is better because he's the better footballer. Watch all three and it's obvious.

ReputationRep:
    Luka modric rumours now

ReputationRep:
    Thiago, Fabregas, Modric, Gundogan... Moyes is trying really hard to show he doesn't want Fellaini

ReputationRep:
    Modric is attainable, just not at the £25m price i've seen suggested we may bid.

Woodwards a cheap ass mofo. I know we are spending all our money on getting Ronaldo on August 8th but jeeeeez

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.