Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don’t get why so many people seem to think Zaha is not going to play a substantial role next season? We paid £17m for the kid and in united terms, that’s a fair amount of money, so surely he would be in contention for a first team place? (if not starting then surely bench at least) Would be extremely disappointed if this wasn’t the case, he’s had those sparks of brilliance on tour and in the championship, one’s we haven’t seen in a long time at united.

Januzaj looks good as well, just needs to be refined a bit but hopefully that will come with age, might be worth sending him on loan to a lower PL team for first team experience and getting to grips with the PL.

Also, is anyone else worried about what will happen in the goal scoring department if rvp doesn’t have another season like the last?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wannabeIBD)
    I don’t get why so many people seem to think Zaha is not going to play a substantial role next season? We paid £17m for the kid and in united terms, that’s a fair amount of money, so surely he would be in contention for a first team place? (if not starting then surely bench at least) Would be extremely disappointed if this wasn’t the case, he’s had those sparks of brilliance on tour and in the championship, one’s we haven’t seen in a long time at united.

Januzaj looks good as well, just needs to be refined a bit but hopefully that will come with age, might be worth sending him on loan to a lower PL team for first team experience and getting to grips with the PL.

Also, is anyone else worried about what will happen in the goal scoring department if rvp doesn’t have another season like the last?
    Rooney and kags plus little pea

ReputationRep:

I don't think its to do with how much we paid for Zaha but the lack of experience in the Premier League which may be a problem for him. But we'll only get to see how well he'll adapt when he gets game which I think he will, ahead of our other wingers.

And Januzaj has already stated that he doesn't want to go out on loan but wants to fight for a starting position. I don't think he'll get many opportunities in the League especially if United buy a midfielder. Although I think he'll get plenty of cup games.

Our attack is one of our strong points I reckon. Even if RVP got injured we've got Rooney (I don't think he'll leave this season), Kagawa, Hernandez, Welbeck and Zaha (can play up front if need be).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    I don't think its to do with how much we paid for Zaha but the lack of experience in the Premier League which may be a problem for him. But we'll only get to see how well he'll adapt when he gets game which I think he will, ahead of our other wingers.

And Januzaj has already stated that he doesn't want to go out on loan but wants to fight for a starting position. I don't think he'll get many opportunities in the League especially if United buy a midfielder. Although I think he'll get plenty of cup games.

Our attack is one of our strong points I reckon. Even if RVP got injured we've got Rooney (I don't think he'll leave this season), Kagawa, Hernandez, Welbeck and Zaha (can play up front if need be).
    I think the key with Rooney (if he stays) will be to hit form early in the season to a)win over some of the support although i'm not sure how far this will go after his repeated antics... b) to stop him from becoming the sulking little ***** he becomes when he's not playing well and hence not getting the game time he wants

having said that can't really see him playing for us after this whole bull**** saga despite what moyes says

ReputationRep:
    If we can't score goals with Rooney, RvP, Hernandez, Kagawa, Nani, Welbecks one goal a season etc then we have issues.

ReputationRep:
    I think the key with Rooney (if he stays) will be to hit form early in the season to a)win over some of the support although i'm not sure how far this will go after his repeated antics... b) to stop him from becoming the sulking little ***** he becomes when he's not playing well and hence not getting the game time he wants

having said that can't really see him playing for us after this whole bull**** saga despite what moyes says
    What I was thinking was if we can't play him upfront with RVP then play him in midfield. I thought he played well there last season and this could be more of an option especially if United don't buy a midfielder. Regarding the fans attitude towards him I don't think they'll forgive him but if he starts banging the goals in then they may start getting behind him again.

I don't see the point in selling him to be honest we won't be able to get a decent replacement for him anyway. And if we did then I can't see us selling him to our rivals no matter how much they bid for him. And not many teams abroad would be willing to buy him because of the large wages his on. So most likely outcome is that he'll stay whether he likes it or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Rooney and kags plus little pea
    I'm not sure if Rooney will be there to be honest. Kagawa and Hernandez should be good enough though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    If we can't score goals with Rooney, RvP, Hernandez, Kagawa, Nani, Welbecks one goal a season etc then we have issues.
    Lets not forget we had 19 different goal scorers last season so its not like we are struggling for goals

ReputationRep:
    Oh good, we've moved onto our next unobtainable midfid target/

ReputationRep:

Moyes can suck a **** if Januzaj doesnt get a new contract.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)

Moyes can suck a **** if Januzaj doesnt get a new contract.
    I could keep watching that again and again without getting bored. That was some skill!

ReputationRep:
    Giggs and Carrick in CM again this season it is

ReputationRep:
    I wonder if there is actually more going on behind the scenes with a few players getting offers while publically saying that they are interested in Fabregas/modric/bale etc?

Doesn't seem a like a smart idea unless you can pull off a good signing and 'fix' the midfield problem.

ReputationRep:
    What happened about bringing Beckham back as global ambassador, surely he would help us to sign new players/sponsors. Zidane is doing a great job attracting new talent to Madrid and Beckham could do the same for us, lets be honest young talent like Thiago/Neymar are not going to know who Moyes is but a phone call from Beckham could make us more attractive. Look at Varane, he was in between United and Madrid and he has publicly said that Zidane caused him to go to Madrid.
    "It's thanks to Zizou and to the coach. Zizou was my first contact. Then the coach presented an interesting project to me. He proposed to me to work together, and gave me his confidence," he said.
    This is what Nasri said before he went to City.
    “Patrick Vieira made a big difference because he is a legend. When a player like this who played for Arsenal, Inter Milan and Juventus tells you that Manchester City is the place to be because it is the club of the future, they want to win everything they have a big, big project, you have to listen.”
    Also last season Silva was a factor in Moura choosing PSG over us.
    When we have a global well known star like Beckham who loves us so much why not take advantage. Beckham could increase our power in the transfer market.

ReputationRep:
    Omg utd's bidding is like on football manager's , what happend to the time it would only be publicized when the transfer was all but complete ... Cant even take these rumours seriously , ilike moyes but i honestly believe he is finding it difficult to sign players and wont be suprised if we end up with just felleni which wont be the end of the world but ithen hope Rooney stays ... I believe if Kagawa ---- Rooney ---- Nani/zaha & RVP up top , we have a Efficient attacking four and i also prayy moyes doesnt over rely on RVP

ReputationRep:
    id throw januzaj into the deep end and slot him into midfield in the 1st team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    What I was thinking was if we can't play him upfront with RVP then play him in midfield. I thought he played well there last season and this could be more of an option especially if United don't buy a midfielder. Regarding the fans attitude towards him I don't think they'll forgive him but if he starts banging the goals in then they may start getting behind him again.

I don't see the point in selling him to be honest we won't be able to get a decent replacement for him anyway. And if we did then I can't see us selling him to our rivals no matter how much they bid for him. And not many teams abroad would be willing to buy him because of the large wages his on. So most likely outcome is that he'll stay whether he likes it or not.

Yeah I too thought Rooney did pretty well in midfield, he does have the energy that Carrick lacks and his vision is good too, although he'll need to brush up on his tackling if we were to play him regularly in midfield (scholesy never got that memo I don't think haha)

Downsides of keeping him is that he obviously wants to go, even though he may not have publicly said it its clear for anyone to see, so not sure what kind of an impact that will have on the team spirit and all that. Also I don't recall how his relationship was with Moyes when he left Everton? That's definitely something to consider, only way I see him going to Chelsea is if we make a massive fabregas-esque signing to soften the blow, can't see that happening either though so really not sure what's gonna happen..

On another note, quite a good read..

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...ort-food-clubs

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Apparently Man Utd are going for an all out 10M swoop for Tahitian forward Chong Hue?

ReputationRep:
    Why do people always want Kags on the left?? Here's an idea put Rooney on the left... Let Kags grow in his preferred position... Not accommodate an attention money grabbing person like Wayne Rooney.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I too thought Rooney did pretty well in midfield, he does have the energy that Carrick lacks and his vision is good too, although he'll need to brush up on his tackling if we were to play him regularly in midfield (scholesy never got that memo I don't think haha)

Downsides of keeping him is that he obviously wants to go, even though he may not have publicly said it its clear for anyone to see, so not sure what kind of an impact that will have on the team spirit and all that. Also I don't recall how his relationship was with Moyes when he left Everton? That's definitely something to consider, only way I see him going to Chelsea is if we make a massive fabregas-esque signing to soften the blow, can't see that happening either though so really not sure what's gonna happen..

On another note, quite a good read..

http://www.theguardian.com/football/...ort-food-clubs

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That article is bull ****, it praises City to spend 30mil on Fernandinho but says that Fabregas is just a glamour signing for us at the same price, has he seen our midfield compared to City. Also it praises Bayern for taking a hostilic approach, but they spent lots last season on Martinez and unnecessarily brought Thiago and Gotze this year.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.