Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Its almost like thats exactly what happens in the normal bidding process.

Do you people expect the first bid to be high and get accepted in the majority of transfers or something? I think the fact that this is public is skewing peoples views of it.
    This isn't the first bid. We're wasting time trying to low ball Barcelona. We're trying to buy a player that they don't want to sell. Unless Fabregas comes out and says he wants to leave, I don't see why we keep going in with small improvements.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    This isn't the first bid. We're wasting time trying to low ball Barcelona. We're trying to buy a player that they don't want to sell. Unless Fabregas comes out and says he wants to leave, I don't see why we keep going in with small improvements.
    This is just a FM mentality tbh. You don't just send over a cheque with x million and have it accepted.

Small improvements? Have we not gone from like £20/£25 to £30 to £35/40 ? A good 15/20% increase at a time or whatever? Not entirely sure what part of that is small..

£5m may not sound like a lot to you because of being used to all these £30m transfers, but £5m equates to quite a heavy percentage of a teams net profit, and these are businesses at the end of the day. Take half of that because of Arsenals clause and £2.5m would have increased Barcas net last season by .. what.. 7%? That isn't something a business just laughs away.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-ne...they-fear-2027

ReputationRep:
    Can't tell who you're linked to now. Is it still Fabregas? or Modric or Marchisio?

Keep hearing so many different players making my head spin :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I think Modric or Marchisio are just suggestions of who we should target next, rather than any news of them actually being in the clubs sights. Tbh, I don't think he's as good as a player but Modric would probably be a better fit for us than Fabregas. Can't see much movement in the Madrid midfield though. I've always rated Marchisio but its worrying how many Juv fans wouldn't seem to be that bothered by his departure.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    This is just a FM mentality tbh. You don't just send over a cheque with x million and have it accepted.

Small improvements? Have we not gone from like £20/£25 to £30 to £35/40 ? A good 15/20% increase at a time or whatever? Not entirely sure what part of that is small..

£5m may not sound like a lot to you because of being used to all these £30m transfers, but £5m equates to quite a heavy percentage of a teams net profit, and these are businesses at the end of the day. Take half of that because of Arsenals clause and £2.5m would have increased Barcas net last season by .. what.. 7%? That isn't something a business just laughs away.
    Everything you have said is irrelevant. Fabregas is a world class player and is at a destination club. His club has clearly said that he is not for sale. Fabregas has not come out publicly and said that he wants to stay or leave. For this reason, we have to pay a premium to get a world class player.

£30M doesn't get you elite players any more. Unless they're at a selling club and the player wants to leave or they're in the latter years of their contract. Even being at a selling club doesn't always bring the price down for elite players. We're wasting our time. Make a serious offer or forget it.

United offering Barcelona £25M for Fabregas is almost as big as a joke as Chelsea offering £20M for Rooney.

Bull****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doggyfizzel)
    I think Modric or Marchisio are just suggestions of who we should target next, rather than any news of them actually being in the clubs sights. Tbh, I don't think he's as good as a player but Modric would probably be a better fit for us than Fabregas. Can't see much movement in the Madrid midfield though. I've always rated Marchisio but its worrying how many Juv fans wouldn't seem to be that bothered by his departure.
    and how many Juventus fans do you actually know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    Probably referring to the ones on the forums...

http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/19...hisio/page1135

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Probably referring to the ones on the forums...

http://forum.juventuz.org/threads/19...hisio/page1135
    Well, they obviously watch more Juve than me, but from what I know, Marchisio is a fantastic player and I would certainly take him for 27m. Great buy.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's the Italians who we should be targeting. Marchisio and Candreva are two we've been linked with, and two that would improve our midfield. £40m between the pair of them I reckon.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Manchester United)
    There are a few I know from uni, and as has been said the online forums. I didn't say I didn't think he was good, but their knowledge probably better than mine, so that would worry me.

ReputationRep:
    Bale could be brought to prepare for life without Ronaldo next season if he doesn't sign a new contract but there is no way we will be able to match PSG offer for Ronaldo anyway.

Marchisio is quite inconsistent and plays with Vidal/Pirlo 2 of the greatest midfielders out there, he is nowhere near Cesc and unproven in England.

Oliver Torres is another option and one for the future.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand the Bale for Ronaldo. Ronaldo plays predominantly left, cuts in hits with his right, Bale is most dangerous off his left foot, which means he's either going to need to come central or play on the right. Either way if you are buying him for goals, you wouldn't restrict him to the left. I wouldn't be surprised if they just want the pair of them, if I was FM'ing it I certainly would. It would be a terrifying threat, Bale and Ronaldo on the break with the likes of Ozil and Modric picking the passes, and Benzema sniffing around the box too.

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand the Bale for Ronaldo. Ronaldo plays predominantly left, cuts in hits with his right, Bale is most dangerous off his left foot, which means he's either going to need to come central or play on the right. Either way if you are buying him for goals, you wouldn't restrict him to the left. I wouldn't be surprised if they just want the pair of them, if I was FM'ing it I certainly would. It would be a terrifying threat, Bale and Ronaldo on the break with the likes of Ozil and Modric picking the passes, and Benzema sniffing around the box too.
    To me, it is a no brainer that Real Madrid want both Ronaldo and Bale in the same team, at least for the upcoming season, at least. This 'weak' Barcelona team who secured 100 points last season in La Liga and reached the semis of the Champions League have added Neymar to their attack. A signing like Bale from Madrid is sort of expected, especially after their business during the window so far, seeing the departures of Higuain and Callejon.

ReputationRep:
    I think we should make a cheeky big for kaka, if we return him to what he was then hed be amazing. We would get him cheap too and can pick out some great passes

ReputationRep:
    He has lost it and mufc are building for the future hence they chased thiago and cesc.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JM1987)
    I think we should make a cheeky big for kaka, if we return him to what he was then hed be amazing. We would get him cheap too and can pick out some great passes
    Makes no sense, kagawa and rooney play in his position, both better and more consistent. Rooney's better defensively and kagawa's younger and already better than kaka is currently.

ReputationRep:
    I get the bale signing, so what's the whole point of buying isco. What's going to happen is that there's going to be some good business made if you buy real's players. I reckon alonso's gone at the end of next season on a free. Modric will be a stop gap and kaka will be there picking up money and enjoying the blue lights of madrids bench. I don't get why they're trying to buy two super teams.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    I get the bale signing, so what's the whole point of buying isco. What's going to happen is that there's going to be some good business made if you buy real's players. I reckon alonso's gone at the end of next season on a free. Modric will be a stop gap and kaka will be there picking up money and enjoying the blue lights of madrids bench. I don't get why they're trying to buy two super teams.
    Isco's competition is Ozil, not Bale (if he moves). I'd expect to see Bale on the right, not through the middle, though those three would be swapping around lots, you'd expect. Ozil seems incapable of finishing 90 mins half the time though, so Isco will get time.

ReputationRep:
    If Tottenham did somehow keep Bale, they'd be dark horses for the league this year. Paulinho and Soldado are two excellent signings for them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.