Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Fabregas could have said by now he wants to stay. The fact the barca coach can't say for certain he's staying tells me he's on his way to united.

ReputationRep:
    He's going nowhere believe me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by member9876)
    Fabregas could have said by now he wants to stay. The fact the barca coach can't say for certain he's staying tells me he's on his way to united.
    Sure it does :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Scholes is going to be sorely missed next season

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    The decision is up to Cesc, according to their new manager. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23559646
    Well, that sounds far more positive than 'he's going nowhere'. I don't think he's even commented on it yet. If there was absolutely no chance, he would come out and say he's staying.

I have a little hope.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    :facepalm2: He started 30 league games last season. You guys are looking for something that isnt there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Played 700 minutes less than Carrick did in the league.

A lot of the minutes came from playing his false 9 role anyway.Neymar = 1 less attacking spot = 1 less spot Fabregas can occupy to get enough minutes.

Subbed off during alot, a good half, of his starts anyway.

Notoriously not played or subbed off during many important games.

Looking for something that isnt there? Not at all, its there for everyone to see.

ReputationRep:
    Cescs preferred midfield place is taken by the Spanish barca trio anyways

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxxKINGxxx)
    Cescs preferred midfield place is taken by the Spanish barca trio anyways

Posted from TSR Mobile
    One of whom isn't getting younger and playing time will only increase.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    One of whom isn't getting younger and playing time will only increase.
    Does the management at Barcelona even see Cesc as Xavi's heir? When they first brought him in, I thought it was obvious, but I feel less sure about it all the time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by member9876)
    He's already said he wants to stay. :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This has started again. I thought the original theory was that Cesc would only leave Barca if Barca wanted him to leave........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Does the management at Barcelona even see Cesc as Xavi's heir? When they first brought him in, I thought it was obvious, but I feel less sure about it all the time.
    I don't see anyone right now as Xavi's heir, right now I'm thinking Iniesta as he ages a bit maybe he can drop back and give Cesc the more attacking role but right now as I said no one in the squad I can see apart from Busquets but hes not going to be moved any time soon so.

(Original post by 419)
    This has started again. I thought the original theory was that Cesc would only leave Barca if Barca wanted him to leave........
    What I thought. First it was up to Barcelona now its up to Cesc :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I don't see anyone right now as Xavi's heir, right now I'm thinking Iniesta as he ages a bit maybe he can drop back and give Cesc the more attacking role but right now as I said no one in the squad I can see apart from Busquets but hes not going to be moved any time soon so.

Yeah tbh I see Busquets taking up a lot of Xavi's roles in midfield with another DM coming in, Iniesta as AM. Don't think Iniesta would be so effective in that deeper role.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Yeah tbh I see Busquets taking up a lot of Xavi's roles in midfield with another DM coming in, Iniesta as AM. Don't think Iniesta would be so effective in that deeper role.
    Yeah man both Iniesta and Fabregas I don't think have that temperament and they like being a little risky much like Thiago did.

I don't think we will get another DM. What I was hoping for was a double pivot midfield of Song and Busquets with Fabregas as CAM and then Neymar and Iniesta Wingers.

ReputationRep:

Yeah, BBC and anyone that actually think there's something in this are basically clutching on straws.

ReputationRep:
    Barca and Cesc are playing a game up keepy uppy between them and whoever drops the ball, is the one who decides the future of the player!

I would say, atm, that there is a slight doubt on his future - it never seems to have been collectively unequivocal from Barcelona that he's staying (due to the number of characters speaking out or not speaking about) so there might be the tiniest hope but I only forsee that he'll stay. His return hasn't been as good as he probably hoped and with Pep going, Tito's health issues, now Martino - it's probably been unsettling for him and that's where an agent of his might have said to us that he'd go if Barca let him etc.

Apparently, Rooney's playing a behind closed doors match tonight? In preparation for the match in Sweden? He's apparently gaging crowd reaction atm which probably will be positive if he plays in Sweden but if he plays at Rio's testiomonial, it'd probably be mixed like it was at the trophy receiving of the PL after the Swansea match.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aky786UK)
    Barca and Cesc are playing a game up keepy uppy between them and whoever drops the ball, is the one who decides the future of the player!

I would say, atm, that there is a slight doubt on his future - it never seems to have been collectively unequivocal from Barcelona that he's staying (due to the number of characters speaking out or not speaking about) so there might be the tiniest hope but I only forsee that he'll stay. His return hasn't been as good as he probably hoped and with Pep going, Tito's health issues, now Martino - it's probably been unsettling for him and that's where an agent of his might have said to us that he'd go if Barca let him etc.

Apparently, Rooney's playing a behind closed doors match tonight? In preparation for the match in Sweden? He's apparently gaging crowd reaction atm which probably will be positive if he plays in Sweden but if he plays at Rio's testiomonial, it'd probably be mixed like it was at the trophy receiving of the PL after the Swansea match.
    Have a feeling sneaky ****er is doing it to get a pay rise as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Played 700 minutes less than Carrick did in the league.

A lot of the minutes came from playing his false 9 role anyway.Neymar = 1 less attacking spot = 1 less spot Fabregas can occupy to get enough minutes.

Subbed off during alot, a good half, of his starts anyway.

Notoriously not played or subbed off during many important games.

Looking for something that isnt there? Not at all, its there for everyone to see.
    And. Fine its hard to fit fabregas. but it makes no sense for barca to sell a midfielder like him to you guys when xavi's declining/can't play every game.

I don't get these comments though, it sounds like either
    1.fabregas isn't wanted
    2.they have a midfielder in mind that's available to replace him
    3. they're entertaining united because they can.

That's if there's no mistranslation. But I think that if they wanted rid of fabregas, they already have his replacement lined up...

ReputationRep:
    Have a feeling sneaky ****er is doing it to get a pay rise as well.
    But surely if he was interested in the money then he would have stayed at Arsenal since its been reported that he took a pay cut to join Barcelona.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    And. Fine its hard to fit fabregas. but it makes no sense for barca to sell a midfielder like him to you guys when xavi's declining/can't play every game.

I don't get these comments though, it sounds like either
    1.fabregas isn't wanted
    2.they have a midfielder in mind that's available to replace him
    3. they're entertaining united because they can.

That's if there's no mistranslation. But I think that if they wanted rid of fabregas, they already have his replacement lined up...
    Gundogan please?

or Oliver Torres

(Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    But surely if he was interested in the money then he would have stayed at Arsenal since its been reported that he took a pay cut to join Barcelona.
    I know but now that 2 years have passed maybe he thinks its time for a bumper deal

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.