Turn on thread page Beta

The Manchester United Thread X watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Fabregas still coming to Utd then? Just stop.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Fabregas still coming to Utd then? Just stop.
    Sell him to you lot if you give us Koscielny

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poiuytrewq54321)
    But surely if he was interested in the money then he would have stayed at Arsenal since its been reported that he took a pay cut to join Barcelona.
    Yeah, but tbh there's the fact that arsenal weren't winning anything, and barca were and looked more likely to win their league/CL. Plus anyway people can become money grabbers overnight. Look at cole, gerrard, ronaldo, half of dortmunds team and it's not like messi is on a pittance either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malevolent)
    Sell him to you lot if you give us Koscielny
    Would actually have to think about that one, Kosc is unbelievable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Would actually have to think about that one, Kosc is unbelievable.
    Haha yeah would help our defense nicely and you'd get Wenger's son back

ReputationRep:
    Gundogan please?

or Oliver Torres
    "I am keen to ensure he (Ilkay) remains with Borussia Dortmund," father and agent Irfan told Kicker Sportmagazin.

"He is doing fine so it's a bit early to move to a club in England or Spain at this point in time.

"Borussia Dortmund will be coming up with an offer of a new contract soon. We will be able to oversee things much better then."

Meanwhile, BVB sporting director Michael Zorc told Westdweutche Allgermeine Zeitung newspaper: "We are keen to sign new terms with Ilkay Gundogan.

"I am able to confirm that we have held talks with his father Irfan and we feel confident he will sign."

Gundogan isn't leaving, else I hope Moyes would've been all over that, Torres has also expressed a desire to stay and he's relatively inexperienced.

At the minute there seems to be no world class midfielders out there willing to move.

ReputationRep:
    'gareth bale and luis suarez were the 2 best players in the league last season'

oh brendan...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fallen_acorns)
    'gareth bale and luis suarez were the 2 best players in the league last season'

oh brendan...
    In all fairness, he did say arguably. So he didn't completely forget about RVP and Carrick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CB91)
    He's already said he wants to stay. :facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When exactly? I have not read any quotes or seen a video of him saying that he's going to stay. If he does that, people will stop speculating.

I can believe that he's looking for a better deal from Barca, but people can't be blamed for talking about what could potentially happen.

ReputationRep:
    We start talking about Fabregas and look who shows up. He's obcesced!

Yeah man both Iniesta and Fabregas I don't think have that temperament and they like being a little risky much like Thiago did.

I don't think we will get another DM. What I was hoping for was a double pivot midfield of Song and Busquets with Fabregas as CAM and then Neymar and Iniesta Wingers.
    I think that system would be best for the Barcelona of the future - you need a bit of a change after the successful Guardiola years. I do think that Neymar/Iniesta would be wasted on the right side though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    When exactly? I have not read any quotes or seen a video of him saying that he's going to stay. If he does that, people will stop speculating.

I can believe that he's looking for a better deal from Barca, but people can't be blamed for talking about what could potentially happen.
    He said it a couple of weeks ago that hes happy and its up to Barcelona but then Barcelona have said its up to him now haha so its like a merry go round.

Not sure what hes on so could be a ploy to get a higher amount.

(Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    We start talking about Fabregas and look who shows up. He's obcesced!

I think that system would be best for the Barcelona of the future - you need a bit of a change after the successful Guardiola years. I do think that Neymar/Iniesta would be wasted on the right side though.
    I know I felt bad putting Iniesta out wide but Fabregas is a CAM and he plays wicked there so I had to slot him in and a double pivot for protection.

ReputationRep:
    He said it a couple of weeks ago that hes happy and its up to Barcelona but then Barcelona have said its up to him now haha so its like a merry go round.

Not sure what hes on so could be a ploy to get a higher amount.
    I didn't see that quote. I still think that if he really wanted to put this to bed, he would get infront of a camera and say that he's going nowhere. No silly quotes saying that it's up to Barcelona. He seems to have been refusing to comment and it's just adding to the speculation.

No idea what he's on, but people keep saying that he took a huge wage cut to join you guys. If that's the case, then he can't be on a huge amount of money. For a player of his talent, anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NathanW18)
    I didn't see that quote. I still think that if he really wanted to put this to bed, he would get infront of a camera and say that he's going nowhere. No silly quotes saying that it's up to Barcelona. He seems to have been refusing to comment and it's just adding to the speculation.

No idea what he's on, but people keep saying that he took a huge wage cut to join you guys. If that's the case, then he can't be on a huge amount of money. For a player of his talent, anyway.
    Yeah he should but god knows whats going on.

He did yeah so he probably thinks he should get more.

ReputationRep:
    RedCafe...

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    "It seems that Manchester United are interested in having him back," Calderon told Sky Sports News.

"I know there have been talks where they have expressed interest."

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/footb...-United-return

Could Cesc be a smokescreen for something massive and United maybe working with Barca to weaken Madrid, one can dream lol

ReputationRep:
    Its alright lads, if by some miracle we don't sign Fabregas, we're getting Schweinsteiger instead http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...teiger-2121586.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Its alright lads, if by some miracle we don't sign Fabregas, we're getting Schweinsteiger instead http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...teiger-2121586.
    :rofl: Mr Bayern Munchen himself, in our midfield :coma:

ReputationRep:
    schweinsteigger, na man gotze and kroos. They're the ones you can get :smug:

ReputationRep:
    Its astounding that someone got paid good money to write that, sports journalists have the easiest job going.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    RedCafe...

Spoiler:
    Show

Spoiler:
    Show
    That Arsene Wenger Facebook comment lol

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.