Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tommyjw)
    Presidents quote makesme laugh.

"Cesc wants to stay and we want the same. I've sent Man United's chairman a letter to explain he's not for sale"

Yes.. well done.. that was two weeks ago now, keep up. It clearly didnt mean anything then, it means less now.
    You realise that they're absolutely taking the piss out of you guys for trying to get fabregas?

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why some of you non-united fans keep having a dig. There's no harm in trying to sign top players. You never know until you try, and as you all know, anything can happen in football.

I wonder who our next target will be :beard:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)
    I don't understand why some of you non-united fans keep having a dig. There's no harm in trying to sign top players. You never know until you try, and as you all know, anything can happen in football.

I wasn't having a dig I was just posting a new update on the events. I'm as confused as to what the heck is going on haha

ReputationRep:
    2 long weeks. .. don't see any new player coming in and starting the first game.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    You realise that they're absolutely taking the piss out of you guys for trying to get fabregas?
    Are they? Care to share this insider information? This insider information that is something this football club doesnt even know?

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akkuz)

I'm not even having a dig. I'm just saying that it's really unlikely, every single one of us knows that. Heck half the united fans in the thread are taking the piss out of the fabregas episode... just look at the post above this and the 'next unattainable player' post a couple pages back.

He's unlikely to go, and if he were to go I explained the reasons a few pages back...

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
    This is worse than arsenal guys putting jovetic and higuain in their supposed starting 11's next season :rofl2:
    Guess you didn't read it, i'll ask again.

Care to share this information you personally possess that Manchester United does not?

Or how about the information you possess that the likes of Delaney and Mitten do not.. the people saying we are still in for Cesc?

ReputationRep:
    Interesting. Always a nice way of completely avoiding all the points and trying to get out of the situation, 'laughing' as if you have any idea what you are talking about .

Next time, don't make such failed points and back out of it as soon as someone questions you, otherwise you'll just embarrass yourself further
    Anyway. Read my quote to akkuz.

ReputationRep:
    Anyway. Read my quote to akkuz.
    The quote where you said its unlikely? The same view that i dont think ive seen a single person disagree with?

Is that meant to be informative in any way?

And yet i'm a WUM for posting facts? The facts about people who know more than you claiming United are still interested etc?

Incredible logic.

This thread has more people like yourself laughing at United fans who think it will happen.. than actual United fans who think it will happen, it's hilarious

ReputationRep:
    Good job continuing to ignore the points against you by the way
    To answer your question though, I don't know as much as they do in regards to the transfer, but what I said is that it's very unlikely and tbh the way barca are doing it sounds like they're genuinely taking the piss. Take it this way, if fabregas was for sale, there would have been a bidding war, considering that this is a public offer and many teams could do with fabregas that are available in his price range.

ReputationRep:
    :yawn:

ReputationRep:
    How has this descended into the arsenal thread? Talking about Fabregas should just be banned from this thread tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    How has this descended into the arsenal thread? Talking about Fabregas should just be banned from this thread tbh
    Yup. Anyway moving on, from the friendlies, any indications to your style of play? I don't see a possession game yet, but is it looking like a fast paced counter attacking game from the wings or more based into the middle? Oh and what you're most likely starting lineup?

ReputationRep:
    Can we not just stick to United news guys

Rooney apparently will hand in a transfer request this week according the mirror and mail, therefore most likely bull**** but expect it to spread like fire, the press have really made Moyes sweat with Rooney.

"Manchester United are interested in the player, but it's also true that they understand our position of not wanting to sell.

"They have renounced his signing. We aren't going to sell him."

Zubizarreta was also quoted by Barcelona's official website as saying: "He has a contract with us.

"We count on Cesc. I said that on the day of the presentation of Tito (Vilanova) and also with Tata (new coach Gerardo Martino).

"He's an extraordinary player who creates and finishes chances. We are delighted with him. He's the number four of Barca."
    Apparently Moyes has given up on Cesc, who will be our next target then.

ReputationRep:
    Guys come on now, the world does not revolve around football seriously.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cutmeloose)
    Guys come on now, the world does not revolve around football seriously.
    It does. But some of these recent posts have been tedious.

ReputationRep:
    To answer your question though, I don't know as much as they do in regards to the transfer, but what I said is that it's very unlikely
    .. exactly? I dont think i've seen a single person say its likely, which is the whole point, you don't have some amazingly knowledgeable view about this, its the common view. The implying that this thread is full of people who think its likely is just stupid. As i stated, there are more people who come in here laughing about the fans who think its likely.. than the actual people who comment here and say its likely.

Equally, dismissing things such as relating Mittens comments about us still being in for him as somehow meaning i or others believe Cesc is coming is equally stupid.. which is the basis for a lot of the ignorant.. mostly Barca + Arsenal.. comments on here. Its become a common theme here, that someone relates something about Cesc like x says we are looking into another bid, Y says we are in for him and immediately out of their cesspits come people laughing as if that person had claimed we about to buy Cesc and we should start thinking about tactics.

Last page and the start of this is the perfect example. I post a fact, in that the comment was about something that happened two weeks ago so its pointless, and suddenly some cretin decides im "clutching at straws", despite me saying nothing about the actual transfer or its likelihood.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)

Apparently Moyes has given up on Cesc, who will be our next target then.
    Paul scholes
    Seriously I have no idea. I reckon you should just wait for the market to open up and get by or take a risk for a player like cabaye/fellaini or dip into the foreign clubs, france should have someone available, and italy look on the rise again consistently doing well.

Candreva, mavuba, lass diarra(if available) could do a job for you. There'll probably be a breakthrough german/spanish player anyway. Any ideas on atletico's finances too? A bit for koke could be feaseable.

ReputationRep:
    Yup. Anyway moving on, from the friendlies, any indications to your style of play? I don't see a possession game yet, but is it looking like a fast paced counter attacking game from the wings or more based into the middle? Oh and what you're most likely starting lineup?
    Only watched the highlights for most games, had a real lack of interest this season for some reason. I'm hoping for Kags in the middle and lots of play to go through him, he's got bags of talent he just needs the chance to establish himself. Zaha should definitely be a starter on one wing, I'd like to see Nani on the other if he's staying. The rest of the team pretty much picks itself, besides the obvious Rooney problem. I was sure he was being shipped off before, now I'm not so sure.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: September 3, 2013
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.