Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Manchester United Thread X Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Got a feeling that there'll be a huge afro on the main page of BBC Sport when I wake up tomorrow, or today.
    It's on guardian if that counts?

ReputationRep:
    Warming to the idea of Fellaini slightly. There don't seem to be a whole lot of other attainable players for us to go for (we should be after Gustavo though). Just hope to god I don't see us longballing it to him high up the pitch so he can elbow someone in the face then chest it down.

ReputationRep:
    I wonder how he'll feel being your 3rd/4th choice CM target

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmperorMustard)
    I don't think he'll care too much - the wage increase will help him with that.

The Guardian says the £23m price is till August 15th when I'm sure it expired on end of July. If it's the latter then it's naive to have not put the signing done first before Fabregas (because that was never happening) rather than now, potentially, be in a position where we are going to have to fork out more. Obviously, if the 15.8.13 date is right then no problems.

It's maybe not what we exactly need but hopefully Moyes, having known him well, will be able to improve his game to make it less aggressive and using the ball more at his feet to try and power forward when he can and help at set pieces. Vidic, potentially Jones, RVP, are the only players who can defend from set pieces well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveSmith99)
    Warming to the idea of Fellaini slightly. There don't seem to be a whole lot of other attainable players for us to go for (we should be after Gustavo though). Just hope to god I don't see us longballing it to him high up the pitch so he can elbow someone in the face then chest it down.
    Moyes wants EPL experience though.

ReputationRep:
    Btw lads - isn't it convenient how Rooney, Suarez and Bale all now have injuries?

Just saying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    Instead of a regular in a club who just won the treble in a position we desperately need for very little money :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rohitbd)
    It's not like the Bundesliga isn't a good and physical league though. I read that Fellaini only played about 3 games or something in DM/CM last season, he was played pretty much exclusively in AM/as a forward. I'd take Fellaini over no one, but I'd much rather have Gustavo.

I know stats don't tell the whole story, but this is pretty interesting.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)
    Btw lads - isn't it convenient how Rooney, Suarez and Bale all now have injuries?

Just saying
    And David Luiz, top clubs think us fans are stupid.

And whilst I want Gustavo, Moyes doesn't want players from other leagues yet by the looks of it, I think we should support him, imagine how much freedom Kagawa will have with Fellaini behind him.

ReputationRep:
    Strootman said that Roma were the only team who showed any interest in him.

Strootman said he liked the project and looked forward to the opportunity to link up with great players such as.....

Totti?

De Rossi?

No.......he said Gervinho

http://have.gd/n/CovEx#

ReputationRep:
    How disappointed will everyone be if no player is presented tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Why are we assuming a player will be presented tomorrow? The sun said we are announcing Ronaldo tomorrow and some coronation street actors said something was going to happen. Hardly something to get yourself worked up about.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kenan and Kel)
    Got a feeling that there'll be a huge afro on the main page of BBC Sport when I wake up tomorrow, or today.
    Not the BBC, but I blame you for this.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SirMasterKey)
    Nothing has indicated a player will be, why would I be disappointed?

(Original post by EmperorMustard)
    He's been linked with United for ages, long before Moyes showed up.

ReputationRep:
    Fellaini's stats are terrible what really annoys me is his pass success rate
    Fellaini pass success : 79.3
    Cleverly
    pass success : 90.2 (second to Scholes)
    Anderson
    pass success : 86.4
    but stats are never the full story, like everyone I would prefer Gustavo
    Gustavo pass success : 93.0
    And will probably cost less too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Bearded Man)

Just saying
    Yes, although isn't it also convenient how these injuries disappear as soon as an international game comes up? For example, Bale got listed for the Wales Squad against the Republic of Ireland next week.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cost)
    Fellaini's stats are terrible what really annoys me is his pass success rate
    Fellaini pass success : 79.3
    Cleverly
    pass success : 90.2 (second to Scholes)
    Anderson
    pass success : 86.4
    but stats are never the full story, like everyone I would prefer Gustavo
    Gustavo pass success : 93.0
    And will probably cost less too
    Look at the teams they play for and the style of play, if you're hoofing it up to fellaini, likelyhood is that he's having to wait a couple second for teams to support him, or he'll have to do a flickoon, Anderson, cleverley and gustavo all play for better teams and play a style of play that is more possession based and less direct than evertons is.

ReputationRep:
    I would honestly rather no-one than Fellaini, he just doesn't excite me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    Look at the teams they play for and the style of play, if you're hoofing it up to fellaini, likelyhood is that he's having to wait a couple second for teams to support him, or he'll have to do a flickoon, Anderson, cleverley and gustavo all play for better teams and play a style of play that is more possession based and less direct than evertons is.
    good point.. hopefully we can improve his game over the years if we get him

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jam277)
    It's on guardian if that counts?
    You were right about Luiz making it on BBC Sport!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.